5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bn
Straightened out

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by bn »

I'm not quite sure how accurate that was. I think Ardito was probably made in the 50s.

Vincent 'Jimmy' Amato was a Gambino soldier made around 42.

Most of induction dates we know come from Santantonio.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

James 'Jimmy Lefty' Surrusco (Gambino member) made in 1947-1949.

Joseph 'Joe Brown' Giordano (Gambino member) made in 1949.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

bn wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:00 pm Gambino member Rudolph 'Rudy' Pipolo was said to have been made 'around the time Frank Scalise was killed' so around mid-late 1957.
Pipolo was made in the same ceremony as Angelo 'Cockeye Angie' Mascia. Mike Galgano mentioned in same paragraph so perhaps all three made at the same time.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Remember reading some of the buster ardito transcripts in old news articles and gangland. He's says to the wired up lawyer peluso something like he was inducted in 58 before the books were closed and opened in 1974 when they let all the rats in. I almost positive he said 1974 which is always a argument because some say they opened in 76. I could have sweared casso George Barone and fish cafaro all said they got in 74 but I'm leaning more to the first wave in 76. I've been swayed to say 1976 because that guy who runs lcnbios is a fact checker
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Also positive he said 1958 not 57 would make sense Vito genovese is at he height and probably out on bail for the drugs and inducted aton of guy know ones closing the books till he goes to jail in 59 I think
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Mike Franzese also says he was made on Halloween 1975
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JoelTurner wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:42 pm Mike Franzese also says he was made on Halloween 1975

From LCNBios. Also Vito Guzzo (who Franzese and Miciotta say was inducted with them) was in prison in 1975.

Note:

In a 1989 interview with the FBI, Franzese described his induction as having occurred in 1975. This date is repeated in Franzese's books Quitting the Mob and Blood Covenant, published in 1992 and 2002 respectively.

CW Salvatore Miciotta later advised the ceremony took place on the Halloween following Americus Scotese's murder in March 1978.

The date provided by Miciotta more closely aligns with contemporary reports from informants, all of whom agree that early 1976 is when inductions resumed. Sources included made members in at least two of the New York Families.

Details from the Franzese books also support Miciotta:

1. The books state that at the time of the ceremony the Underboss position was vacant. In Fall 1975 the position was held by Anthony Abbatemarco. It was not until early 1977 that he was demoted; the position was still vacant as of Fall 1978 and would remain so for at least another year.

2. John Matera and Andrew Russo are specifically described as being captains when the ceremony occurred. Neither of these individuals were inducted as of 1975 and it wasn't until Fall 1978 that both men were holding the rank of Capodecina, Matera having been promoted that Summer.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Someone actually posted a like in the muscarella thread about the buster ardito tapes. I just read it buster tells the lawyer peluso they let the rats in 1974. FWIW. Great read njmafia or something
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Thanks for sharing, the Franzese thing has bothered me.

I don’t get how people don’t remember the date that they were made. Wouldn’t it be important for them, like a birthday or a wedding anniversary?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

whenever those Ardito tapes are from (2003?) it mentions that Vito DiSalvo was a Solider. About 10 years prior, he was indicted for gambling and was labeled as a Bronx Associate under Rudy Santobello.

I wonder when that making ceremony was and who else was made? Speculating/guessing that it was in the late 90s when Bellomo was locked up and people like Serpico, Cirillo, etc. were the top guys. Genovese have always been hard to pin down but it seems like they really went further underground and more clandestine during that late 90s time period after basically every family had some sort of big blow-up happen (with administration arrests, high level people flipping, the Colombo war, etc.)

Speaking of that same time period, maybe a different topic for a different thread, but I noticed Pasquale "Scop" DeLuca pled guilty to murder conspiracy re: Ralph Coppola. Body was never found and nobody was charged for his murder... DeLuca just pled guilty to conspiracy, said he met an unidentified individual and asked the individual to meet with Coppola; afterwards Coppola disappeared. Doesn't that seem kind of ... strange?
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

JoelTurner wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:53 pm Thanks for sharing, the Franzese thing has bothered me.

I don’t get how people don’t remember the date that they were made. Wouldn’t it be important for them, like a birthday or a wedding anniversary?
I think of it as more of a "hire" date, like I don't remember what day I got hired but that it was in July of 2018. If I kept the same job for ten or twenty more years, the date will probably get a little more hazy.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

JoelTurner wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:53 pm Thanks for sharing, the Franzese thing has bothered me.

I suppose since they don't keep records of it it's easier to forget (especially if someone is trying to remember a ceremony from decades ago), unless the ceremony falls on a memorable date like a holiday or a birthday, but even then like Franzese they may still get the year wrong.

And it's not like it's unheard of for guys to forget when their wedding anniversary is.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

The pat scop DeLuca thing is weird. It's a whole nother thread. He was the only one I think ever charged with the Ralph Coppola conspiracy I think and only got a couple years. The buck stopped with DeLuca to just went and did his time and I think resumed his mob life. He must be 100 if he's alive
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 am The pat scop DeLuca thing is weird. It's a whole nother thread. He was the only one I think ever charged with the Ralph Coppola conspiracy I think and only got a couple years. The buck stopped with DeLuca to just went and did his time and I think resumed his mob life. He must be 100 if he's alive
I think DeLuca is around 90 or so.
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Genovese

Spring 1990:
Michael Sciarra