John Brescio Passed Away

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: John Brescio Passed Away

Post by OcSleeper »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:29 pm
artichokelove3 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:38 pm Is he still capo of that manhattan crew or is it confirmed Polito is capo now? Also, how goddamn old was his mom
Joseph DChiara is captain. Polito acting captain.
I know you said you're basing that off of past and present info but could you explain that? In the bail memo all it said was Polito had DiChiara's number and had been seen meeting with him. Haven't heard anything of Brescio stepping down or being taken down. Capeci also said DiChiara took over his father's crew which is separate of Brescio was it not?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm
artichokelove3 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:38 pm Is he still capo of that manhattan crew or is it confirmed Polito is capo now? Also, how goddamn old was his mom
I know you said you're basing that off of past and present info but could you explain that? In the bail memo all it said was Polito had DiChiara's number and had been seen meeting with him. Haven't heard anything of Brescio stepping down or being taken down. Capeci also said DiChiara took over his father's crew which is separate of Brescio was it not?
Same crew
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Ah okay, thanks.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:18 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm
Same crew
No offense but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Bresico was a Captain in good standing, Polito his acting.

DiChiara is now that Capo and Polito is his acting? Makes zero sense.

Barney takes Brescio down and makes Chiara capo, ok. But Chiara keeps Polito as acting? That makes sense to you? And Brescio being taken down? Why?
Nope. Doesn't follow.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I don't think they are the same crew. I've never seen Brescio identified as a member of the DiChiara crew and the timelines don't really add up to me. Peter Lovaglio identified the main players in DiChiara's crew as Sal Demeo, Frank Demeo, Joseph DiChiara, Robert DeBello and associate Eugene Orefice who was Sal Demeo's driver and right hand man. According to Gambino associate Benny Geritano, Brescio was Steven Arena's captain in around 2011. Waterfront commission identified him as a capo in May 2017.

He also could've been a capo back in 2010 too. viewtopic.php?p=269461#p269461
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I believe Brescio was capo over crew that included Carmine Polito, steve Arena, and Jimmy Rossi. Could be DiChiara crew merged with Brescio crew. But when Polito was first identified as an acting capo in that case, I figured it had to have been for Brescio.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TSNYC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:37 am I believe Brescio was capo over crew that included Carmine Polito, steve Arena, and Jimmy Rossi. Could be DiChiara crew merged with Brescio crew. But when Polito was first identified as an acting capo in that case, I figured it had to have been for Brescio.
I agree it's more likely it was absorbed than Brescio coming from the DiChiara crew.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Ravens410 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:59 am Rumor has it she was killed by a Bonnano hit squad
I wish we had a like button!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:17 pmBresico was a Captain in good standing, Polito his acting.
Who said Brescio is no longer in good standing?
DiChiara is now that Capo and Polito is his acting? Makes zero sense.
I'm sorry it doesn't make sense.
Barney takes Brescio down and makes Chiara capo, ok. But Chiara keeps Polito as acting? That makes sense to you? And Brescio being taken down? Why? Nope. Doesn't follow.
Who said Brescio was taken down?
TSNYC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:37 am I believe Brescio was capo over crew that included Carmine Polito, steve Arena, and Jimmy Rossi. Could be DiChiara crew merged with Brescio crew. But when Polito was first identified as an acting capo in that case, I figured it had to have been for Brescio.
I think your original take was most likely correct.

We have the 1994/1995 incidents between Polito and D'Urso. From the court info below, both appear to have been in Gangi's crew at the time (Polito even making a failed attempt at one point to switch to the Malongone crew.)
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-2n ... 35799.html

This above alone shows Polito was affiliated with the Gangi crew at least at some point. And according to D'Urso's testimony, the Gangi crew was later taken over by Peter DiChiara.
viewtopic.php?p=266197&hilit=gangi+dichiara#p266197

While it may be circumstantial, the connection is further strengthened by the recent info in Polito's bail memo.
viewtopic.php?t=12463

Some of the confusion may have stemmed from the big bust in 2001 that got Gangi, Aparo, DiChiara and many others. While some articles labeled Aparo and DiChiara as captains, others (like the one below) specified them as acting captains. It may be tempting to look at the alone and come to the conclusion they are separate crews but you have to take all the info together. Especially considering in court papers they were labeled the "Aparo/DiChiara crew."
https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2001/0 ... mob-sweep/

There is only one other option I can see and it seems far less likely. Brescio's father Lawrence was in Peter DeFeo's crew, if I'm not mistaken. But other than Alexander Morelli reportedly taking over for DeFeo, there's little to nothing about that crew after the 1980s. Then John Brescio pops up around 6 years ago as a captain. Whether it's a case of being the same crew all along, or some kind of merger at some point, those seem more plausible to me than a captain/crew flying under the radar for over 30 years.
JohnnyS wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:08 am I don't think they are the same crew. I've never seen Brescio identified as a member of the DiChiara crew and the timelines don't really add up to me. Peter Lovaglio identified the main players in DiChiara's crew as Sal Demeo, Frank Demeo, Joseph DiChiara, Robert DeBello and associate Eugene Orefice who was Sal Demeo's driver and right hand man. According to Gambino associate Benny Geritano, Brescio was Steven Arena's captain in around 2011. Waterfront commission identified him as a capo in May 2017.

He also could've been a capo back in 2010 too. viewtopic.php?p=269461#p269461
I don't necessarily see a conflict with the timeline. As I mentioned above, Gangi was indicted as a captain, and Aparo and DiChiara acting captains, in 2001. Peter DiChiara is later identified in GL News as the street boss/consigliere in 2014, though it wasn't specified how long he had been in that position. That leaves a wide gap in between for Brescio to have taken over, even as far back as 2010/2011.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

We can add Anthony Federici being the Genovese Consigliere as another recent swing and a miss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.