Dominick Dionisio heritage?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Dominick Dionisio heritage?

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

With his recent identification as a Genovese member and the latest Gangland, I've seen the whole "half-black" thing go around again.

Is there any truth to these rumours? Looking through the forum, the narrative seems to differ and Capeci doesn't mention it at all.

Just a darker-skinned Sicilian or what?
dominick dionisio.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Dominick Dionisio heritage?

Post by aray22 »

Nadu said his mom is half black. 75% Italian. I also would leave out the possibility that they just called him Black Dom simply because he was very dark.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The Genovese making black guys, that's crazy
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I have no idea one way or the other but, unless there is something more substantial to go on, I'd take Nadu's word alone with a dump truck of salt. Kinda seems like the whole Campos thing over again.
All roads lead to New York.
Fwhite
Associate

Post by Fwhite »

Who is taken Nudu word on anything.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Is that last picture of him his LinkedIn profile?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Meadow. She was dark too.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Zero fucking way Dom is any % black. ZERO
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

aray22 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 pm Nadu said his mom is half black. 75% Italian. I also would leave out the possibility that they just called him Black Dom simply because he was very dark.
Nadu has down syndrome.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

People are crazy lol. They’ll say anything online to get attention. Yeah, Dionisio is on the darker side but not at all out of the range of Southern Italians (and not just Sicilians can be that dark, by any means). If guys call him “Black Dom”, it’s just because he’s dark, not because he’s part black (this isn’t unusual, eg, Black Sam Carlisi, Black Joe Amato, and Black Tom Oneglia in Chicago). He doesn’t look like a guy who is of ~25% African ancestry, he looks 100% Ital-Med.

Dionisio’s longtime address was at 63rd and 15th Ave, on the border of Bensonhurst and Boro Park (he’s still listed as the property owner). Also listed for this address were Joseph and Rosalie Dionisio, now both deceased. These were presumably his parents. Joseph Dionisio’s family, I believe, was from Ischitella, Foggia, Puglia, while Rosalie’s parents were Girolamo Grigoli and Antonina Geloso, both of Carini (his apparent maternal ancestry is worth noting in light of his longtime Colombo affiliation, given that there was a significant faction of Carinesi in the Profaci Family back in the day).

Unless someone has a firm genealogy to back up their claims here, I’d be extremely skeptical that not only would a member have significant black ancestry, but that this would be a widely known fact about him (your prior probability here should be that it is very unlikely to be true and thus one would need a lot more than a rumor to take it seriously). People swore for years that Campos was part PR and I showed that to be 100% false.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 pm The Genovese making black guys, that's crazy
Swing and a miss.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Fwhite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:35 pm Who is taken Nudu word on anything.
Exactly .
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

He was an associate in Wild Bill’s crew for years, I think I recall Bill Cutolo Son was a witness against him.
Wonder why he had a fall out with the colombos?.... seems like it was a good thing in a way
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:38 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 pm The Genovese making black guys, that's crazy
Swing and a miss.
Im saying its bullshit
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:24 pm People are crazy lol.
No clue if this is true or not but I saw someone claim Dom’s mother is a Puerto Rican woman named Monica Rios.