TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:18 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:32 am It was really good. Guys like Colosimo and Torrio, and Capone even, who kinda never made sense, now do. They were Cammoristi.
Jerry Capeci identified Capone and Torrio as Camorra guys in his Idiots Guide to the Mafia, released around the turn of the millennium. Not sure how he came to this conclusion. Here's the passage:
Good chance he got it from the FBI’s LCN timeline presented in the 1988 “25 Years After Valachi” hearings that we brought up briefly in the show.
I haven't listened yet as I've been busy but it's on my playlist. Looking forward to it!
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:26 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:18 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:32 am It was really good. Guys like Colosimo and Torrio, and Capone even, who kinda never made sense, now do. They were Cammoristi.
Jerry Capeci identified Capone and Torrio as Camorra guys in his Idiots Guide to the Mafia, released around the turn of the millennium. Not sure how he came to this conclusion. Here's the passage:
Good chance he got it from the FBI’s LCN timeline presented in the 1988 “25 Years After Valachi” hearings that we brought up briefly in the show.
I haven't listened yet as I've been busy but it's on my playlist. Looking forward to it!
Hope you enjoy it. A lot of “home turf”, or nearby, stuff there for you as well.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Cbert1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:12 am Some interesting 1916 camorra induction ceremony court transcripts from nyc murder trial. Explained is the induction ceremony
Thanks for sharing that, was this published in a book somewhere? Would be interested in reading if so.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:43 pm
Cbert1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:12 am Some interesting 1916 camorra induction ceremony court transcripts from nyc murder trial. Explained is the induction ceremony
Thanks for sharing that, was this published in a book somewhere? Would be interested in reading if so.
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Ne ... =en&gbpv=0
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:58 pm Hope you enjoy it. A lot of “home turf”, or nearby, stuff there for you as well.
Ohio stuff? Cool shit, I'll be listening later today or tomorrow.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Angelo Santino wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:56 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:43 pm
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Ne ... =en&gbpv=0
Thanks Angelo!
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Brovelli
Associate

Post by Brovelli »

I’m not sure mob guys really care about the history but I’m willing to campaign for the mob archaeologists to run a made member onboarding presentation. Also a refresher for made guys 10 years and longer
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Listening now, Tony's talking about how you can't just go up to other members and say you're a member.

That's true 99% of the time, but not for John Veasey and his legendary line "I'm in the mafia. If you are too, tell me."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Brovelli wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:38 pm I’m not sure mob guys really care about the history but I’m willing to campaign for the mob archaeologists to run a made member onboarding presentation. Also a refresher for made guys 10 years and longer
lol. We’ve joked before that we should offer genealogy services to them so they can verify that a guy qualified for membership before being made.

Guys in that life vary in how much they care about the history of it, of course. Like anyone else. Some couldn’t care less, while others are interested in it. As one example, Thomas Scorcia from the Colombos reading Dickie’s “Cosa Nostra”, which is not a pop mob book by any means.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:52 pm Listening now, Tony's talking about how you can't just go up to other members and say you're a member.

That's true 99% of the time, but not for John Veasey and his legendary line "I'm in the mafia. If you are too, tell me."
Imagine Veasey doing that in Chicago lol.

Like any other rule, it has been broken but that’s how rules are.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:55 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:52 pm Listening now, Tony's talking about how you can't just go up to other members and say you're a member.

Imagine Veasey doing that in Chicago lol.

Like any other rule, it has been broken but that’s how rules are.
OK you guys started talking about Youngstown and I was hoping you would cover "the Calabrian Organization" and sure enough you did! Great. Epic stuff.

Trying to think of what I would be an enough of an expert about to actually comment on at this level. Real-life versions of Scorsese movies, maybe. Possibly DeMeo Crew story. Capone era gangs (beyond Mafia/Camorra) mayhap. That's probably it.
Brovelli
Associate

Post by Brovelli »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:54 pm
Brovelli wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:38 pm I’m not sure mob guys really care about the history but I’m willing to campaign for the mob archaeologists to run a made member onboarding presentation. Also a refresher for made guys 10 years and longer
lol. We’ve joked before that we should offer genealogy services to them so they can verify that a guy qualified for membership before being made.

Guys in that life vary in how much they care about the history of it, of course. Like anyone else. Some couldn’t care less, while others are interested in it. As one example, Thomas Scorcia from the Colombos reading Dickie’s “Cosa Nostra”, which is not a pop mob book by any means.
I'm sure there's a few that do not want to take you up on those services lol. The Campos family of Puerto Rico come to mind ha
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Brovelli wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:47 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:54 pm

I'm sure there's a few that do not want to take you up on those services lol. The Campos family of Puerto Rico come to mind ha
Im pretty sure they debunked that one already....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, Tony confirmed Andrew Campos's father George (a made member also) is 100% Italian.
Brovelli
Associate

Post by Brovelli »

Lol interesting