Joey Testa being released

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Manf
Straightened out

Re: Joey Testa being released

Post by Manf »

Incredible both of them are getting released and Vic Orena could never even get a retrial.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://casetext.com/case/testa-v-us-2

on May 15, 1990, James Cardinale, a former cooperating Government witness who did not testify at petitioners' trial, appeared on the television program "Larry King Live." In the course of his appearance, Cardinale alleged in effect that he had been induced by Government agents in the Southern District of New York to "coach" a Government witness, Mickey Featherstone, to make a false identification of petitioners at their trial. Shortly thereafter, in July, 1990, another Government witness at petitioners' trial, Joseph Bennett, Jr., telephoned counsel for petitioner Testa. In the call; and in a subsequent interview conducted by Testa's investigator, Bennett claimed, inter alia, that he had been induced by the Government to falsely implicate Testa in one of the murders that the jury found as a predicate act
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Finally. Justice for an innocent man.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Finally. Justice for Fuggetaboutit.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Ivan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:48 pm I wonder if these two getting paroled has anything to with the weird soft-on-crime trend manifesting in the form of "restorative justice" and "Soros DAs" and decriminalized shoplifting and all that? Not that they are the subjects of those trends (said trends are largely intended to reduce "disparate impact" on black criminals) but perhaps indirect, downstream benficiaries of them somehow?
This is a federal prison. Nothing to do with the state of California other than being there.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Uforeality wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:32 pm
Ivan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:48 pm I wonder if these two getting paroled has anything to with the weird soft-on-crime trend manifesting in the form of "restorative justice" and "Soros DAs" and decriminalized shoplifting and all that? Not that they are the subjects of those trends (said trends are largely intended to reduce "disparate impact" on black criminals) but perhaps indirect, downstream benficiaries of them somehow?
This is a federal prison. Nothing to do with the state of California other than being there.
Was referring to the overall soft-on-crime trend that is pervasive even in Biden's federal DOJ. Didn't even know he was in Cali.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Pmac2 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:27 pm 69 if you ain't the boss or a capo. That convict inc guy says joe testa was like a real co and warden pet. Always talking to the guards for what it's worth
Wow, see this got me thinking. In Australian jails, if you initiate a conversation with a screw, or even engage with them too much when you have to respond, you’re considered a dog (which is what we call rats in Australia). Basically you want to do your time with as little as possible contact with the screws. Is this different in the states? Maybe because of his profile (serial killer, 30 odd years inside) he’s given a wider berth? I don’t know, just thought it was an interesting point.
We call them “cheese balls” and ostracised them if they’re friendly with the screws. They fuck with the new guys, and during lock down, after opening the cell door and closing in the prisoner, some screws will hold out their hand for a handshake. Some dumb fuck always falls for it, sees a hand and automatically shakes it, and they get fucking roasted for it.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:37 pm
Uforeality wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:32 pm
Was referring to the overall soft-on-crime trend that is pervasive even in Biden's federal DOJ. Didn't even know he was in Cali.
They were imprisoned before federal parole reform. Very few mob guys left in the system that this applies to.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

AustraliaSteve wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:18 am
Pmac2 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:27 pm 69 if you ain't the boss or a capo. That convict inc guy says joe testa was like a real co and warden pet. Always talking to the guards for what it's worth
Wow, see this got me thinking. In Australian jails, if you initiate a conversation with a screw, or even engage with them too much when you have to respond, you’re considered a dog (which is what we call rats in Australia). Basically you want to do your time with as little as possible contact with the screws. Is this different in the states? Maybe because of his profile (serial killer, 30 odd years inside) he’s given a wider berth? I don’t know, just thought it was an interesting point.
We call them “cheese balls” and ostracised them if they’re friendly with the screws. They fuck with the new guys, and during lock down, after opening the cell door and closing in the prisoner, some screws will hold out their hand for a handshake. Some dumb fuck always falls for it, sees a hand and automatically shakes it, and they get fucking roasted for it.
It’s about the same thing here in Russia. There are two prison regimes: red, where power is entirely in the hands of the correctional system, and where prisoners are tortured, abused, etc. In these regimes, convicted police officers sit; and blacks, where power is supposedly in the hands of prisoners, but in reality it is not. In these black prisons, there is a kind of agreement between the administration and influential prisoners (either the thief in law or the overseer) that the prisoners will behave quietly and the authorities will not interfere in their affairs (like the Camorra in prisons under the Bourbons). In black prisons too, if you actively cooperate with the authorities, then you automatically become trash in their eyes. They are called activists (in Soviet times they had a red bandage tied to their arm). Now the situation in these prisons is changing. When Prigozhin was alive, and he went to recruit recruits to these black prisons, only a few opposed it. In prison terms, joining Wagner is the same as becoming an activist. Only in a couple of prisons did prisoners carry out stabbings because of this.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Today's NY Post. Says he's moving to Nevada. I want to slap this nephew guy Jesus Christ he's annoying.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/s ... -sentence/
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Ivan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:23 am Today's NY Post. Says he's moving to Nevada. I want to slap this nephew guy Jesus Christ he's annoying.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/s ... -sentence/
The nephew is pretty bizarre. The angle of cooperation does seem interesting and quite feasible.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Speaking of this dude, one really weird thing I keep seeing in discussions of the DeMeo crew is people freaking out because they ordered pizza after they killed someone. Like, "oh my GOD they ORDERED PIZZA after they KILLED their victims and before they DISMEMBERED them!" I think even Murder Machine does this.

I guess it's because pizza vaguely resembles bood and guts, or something?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Ivan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:50 pm Speaking of this dude, one really weird thing I keep seeing in discussions of the DeMeo crew is people freaking out because they ordered pizza after they killed someone. Like, "oh my GOD they ORDERED PIZZA after they KILLED their victims and before they DISMEMBERED them!" I think even Murder Machine does this.

I guess it's because pizza vaguely resembles bood and guts, or something?
No, its because they had the stomach to eat during their dismemberment of someone. Imagine seeing someone’s intestines & then eating pizza or whatever the fuck, thats insane
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:46 pm No, its because they had the stomach to eat during their dismemberment of someone. Imagine seeing someone’s intestines & then eating pizza or whatever the fuck, thats insane
Fair enough, lol. I just thought it was funny people got stuck on that point so much.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Just watched that music video smh seems like the younger relatives of mob heavies are extremely good at embarrassing themselves lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.