James Maffucci and Robert Spinelli discussing the release of Lucchese Brooklyn faction members (2013)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: James Maffucci and Robert Spinelli discussing the release of Lucchese Brooklyn faction members (2013)

Post by B. »

I'm not familiar with Vaughan but they talk about him like he's in the know with members and someone of importance.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: James Maffucci and Robert Spinelli discussing the release of Lucchese Brooklyn faction members (2013)

Post by PolackTony »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:18 pm
Juice Terry wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:22 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:28 pm
Juice Terry wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:06 am Who Is the 'Brian' they keep referring to?
Brian Vaughan.
Thanks. What was Vaughn's story? How did he become a high-ranking associate?
probably by beating the shit out of recalcitrant debtors
Always a solid career path in that world.

I don’t know much about Vaughan myself, but IIRC it was reported by Capeci years back that Vaughan was a driver and enforcer for Matty Madonna. If true, that would presumably have made him a big deal.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Associate of the acting boss. That'll do it.

Not knowing who he is, I was laughing reading the transcript. "But what would Brian think?"

I'm like, who the fuck is "Brian"?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Vaughn is a NJ associate who was Madonna's old driver. Ted Otto (the FBI agent) pressed Spinelli to get to Brian Vaughn. Spinelli tried to get Vaughn involved with cocaine dealing, but Vaughn turned down Spinelli saying he gave up drug dealing. Vaughn was also caught on a wire saying the Genovese were responsible for the Meldish hit because Meldish was walking onto to Genovese construction sights.

Vaughn was taking extortion money from food vendors at construction sites. Vaughn would kick money up to Maffucci who was supposed to give it to Joe Datello to give to Madonna. Vaughn was picked up on recordings complaining about Maffucci taking the money and Madonna ordered Vaughn to a meeting and held him responsible for paying up the money.

I think he tried getting out of prison last year but was denied.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:49 am Excellent. Confirms some of Pennisi's info/takes for sure.
You went down faster than a hunts point broad.

Good thread, johnny. Thanks!
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Like the old saying goes, better to have Pennisi's dick in your mouth instead of letting it live in your brain.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:19 pm Like the old saying goes, better to have Pennisi's dick in your mouth instead of letting it live in your brain.
Hey. You brought him up in a non Pennissi thread. Like it was vindication he knew some of this stuff. Id hope so. He was in the family.
Whos in whos head? I didnt mention him til just now.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:19 pm Like the old saying goes, better to have Pennisi's dick in your mouth instead of letting it live in your brain.
I never heard of that saying...sounds personal...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:16 pm
Hey. You brought him up in a non Pennissi thread. Like it was vindication he knew some of this stuff. Id hope so. He was in the family.
Yeah, contemporary transcripts about Lucchese Family politics that confirm what a Lucchese CW said have nothing to do with each other and it shouldn't be mentioned.

Don't snipe at me, Cheech.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:39 pm
Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:16 pm
Yeah, contemporary transcripts about Lucchese Family politics that confirm what a Lucchese CW said have nothing to do with each other and it shouldn't be mentioned.

Don't snipe at me, Cheech.
Fair enough. You’re right. Have a good night
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

So looks like Meldish had Enzo shot. And was going after Bonanno guys. Ernie gave him a beaten at one point. Then looks like he went half with matty on loansharking. With matty putting up the money and meldish to collect. Then Meldish goes to matty and says he cant collect have someone else do it then matty has him killed. Do i got that right? Anyone have a timeline?
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Cheech wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:13 am So looks like Meldish had Enzo shot. And was going after Bonanno guys. Ernie gave him a beaten at one point. Then looks like he went half with matty on loansharking. With matty putting up the money and meldish to collect. Then Meldish goes to matty and says he cant collect have someone else do it then matty has him killed. Do i got that right? Anyone have a timeline?
I thought the story was Meldish owed Madonna $100k and told him he wasn't getting it back.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It seems like Meldish saved Madonnas life on more then one occasion based on the conversation Maffuci was having. Meldish decided it was time for Madonna to pay it forward. Madonna disagreed.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Is there a place we can listen to this?