Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Post by Tonyd621 »

He's going to do 3 years with his "cock on the bars?" LOL wtf never heard that one. It's a good one though. Wasn't this the guy. Was he the one who was whining/sobbing about nor being about to get to prison in that bonanno osha case?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Re: Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

LOL I'll do that with my cock on the bars. That is hilarious.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

That cock on the bars line….CLASSIC LOL
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

AntComello wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:45 am That cock on the bars line….CLASSIC LOL
I got a good chuckle out of that.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:37 pm
AntComello wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:45 am That cock on the bars line….CLASSIC LOL
I got a good chuckle out of that.
😂😂😂 caught me off guard had to read it a few times
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Another funny part of that article was this...

Ragano has yet to be arraigned in the latest extortion case. Defense lawyer Joel Stein, who represented him in the 2021 case, said he hadn’t heard about the new indictment.

“This is all news to me,” he said.

lmao
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Time to retire the old “Ill do 10 years standing on my head” and start using “I’ll do 10 years with my cock on the bars”
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm Was he the one who was whining/sobbing about nor being about to get to prison in that bonanno osha case?
Yeah, I think that's correct. I don't know if it was pre or post sentencing, but he was trying to make a case that he was too sick to be in prison. Not so much whining IMO, just throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks, when it comes to trying to get less time. Looks ironic when he's also saying he'll do the time with his cock on the bars, but I can't blame him - his lawyer should be doing everything possible to get him less time

IIRC one of his aliments was that he was basically blind or something, but also at the same time he was gainfully employed as the foreman of a junkyard and went to work everyday. Trying to say that he's too sickly for a long prison sentence, but also look at how much of a good guy he's turned into since this all happened. I think there may have been a GL article about the attempt. It's kinda funny.

The guy seems like a complete animal compared to a lot of modern LCN members we hear things about. Coincidentally this is the only made guy I've ever met / encountered in my life (Federici greeting diners at his restaurant shouldn't really count lol) and it was just shooting the shit while we were both waiting for a table at esquire diner on a busy morning. Was pretty friendly with me and everyone else around.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm Coincidentally this is the only made guy I've ever met / encountered in my life (Federici greeting diners at his restaurant shouldn't really count lol)
Wait does this mean I can't tell any more lame anecdotes about how I met Todaro at his pizzeria in Buffalo? :lol:
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

@new_era I remember you telling that story before.
Re: Parkside. Ate there twice. I would go to the US Open for work and stay over. Parkside is right by there as you know. I would eat at the bar. I think u walked in and bar was on your left iirc. He was there once when I was there. I will tell you there were guys right out of central casting. All playing the part. I wonder if you noticed a similiar vibe. Corona is a shit hole. I used to stay right in Corona at the Corona Hotel on roosevelt. The train above. Terribly annoying. Hookers everywhere lol
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:50 pm Corona is a shit hole. I used to stay right in Corona at the Corona Hotel on roosevelt. The train above. Terribly annoying. Hookers everywhere lol
Roosevelt Ave is wildddddd. Hookers working the corners 24/7, feels like you’re in another country. In the old days we’d get the super hot russian hookers from Oceanview Ave in Brighton beach, they at least had the decency to come out only at night.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm Was he the one who was whining/sobbing about nor being about to get to prison in that bonanno osha case?
Yeah, I think that's correct. I don't know if it was pre or post sentencing, but he was trying to make a case that he was too sick to be in prison. Not so much whining IMO, just throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks, when it comes to trying to get less time. Looks ironic when he's also saying he'll do the time with his cock on the bars, but I can't blame him - his lawyer should be doing everything possible to get him less time

IIRC one of his aliments was that he was basically blind or something, but also at the same time he was gainfully employed as the foreman of a junkyard and went to work everyday. Trying to say that he's too sickly for a long prison sentence, but also look at how much of a good guy he's turned into since this all happened. I think there may have been a GL article about the attempt. It's kinda funny.

The guy seems like a complete animal compared to a lot of modern LCN members we hear things about. Coincidentally this is the only made guy I've ever met / encountered in my life (Federici greeting diners at his restaurant shouldn't really count lol) and it was just shooting the shit while we were both waiting for a table at esquire diner on a busy morning. Was pretty friendly with me and everyone else around.
I can't believe you understand what I typed. I was at my sons baseball clinic and I wasn't paying attention. I wasn't making sense. It said he robbed an accounting firm in the 1999 I think. Can they use something that far back against him, present day?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Ivan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:00 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm Coincidentally this is the only made guy I've ever met / encountered in my life (Federici greeting diners at his restaurant shouldn't really count lol)
Wait does this mean I can't tell any more lame anecdotes about how I met Todaro at his pizzeria in Buffalo? :lol:
Tell it again! I'd like to hear it lol. He seems like a colorful, fun guy. Pizza isn't too bad either - never been to the location but I've had it visiting people I know in Buffalo. La Nova has the concessions for Buffalo's AAA baseball team (Toronto's minor) and I believe at the Bills stadium as well. So "Bills Mafia" may be a literal thing. If you get a box/suite at one of those places and it comes with the food, it's going to be La Nova pizza.
Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:50 pm @new_era I remember you telling that story before.
Re: Parkside. Ate there twice. I would go to the US Open for work and stay over. Parkside is right by there as you know. I would eat at the bar. I think u walked in and bar was on your left iirc. He was there once when I was there. I will tell you there were guys right out of central casting. All playing the part. I wonder if you noticed a similiar vibe. Corona is a shit hole. I used to stay right in Corona at the Corona Hotel on roosevelt. The train above. Terribly annoying. Hookers everywhere lol

Yeah you're recalling correctly. Bar on the left, dining room on the right and it goes back kinda far and might even wrap around. I've been a handful of times, maybe 4-5 and I've always been sat in the same area, never seen the entire place. Never noticed a lot of central casting guys either, lots of big groups of couples all dressed up, people there as a big to-do for whatever reason. I've never been whenever something was going on at Shea or Tennis but I always heard it's packed then.

Each time I've gone, Federici was visible and pretty active in what was happening. I was there once with just my ex and I, and he was going table to table, talking to customers like they were all VIPs. I had an espresso and he offered a little sambuca and poured it himself. Just seemed like a total pro and knew how to make you feel like you were getting your money's worth.

My ex grew up close by to the Parkside so I know Corona fairly well. It's a pretty crazy place but once you get away from the train and you're no longer in what would be reasonable walking distance from Roosevelt, it's not so bad. Lots of good food all around. Roosevelt is crazy - pretty unique even for NYC. Between Flushing and Sunnyside you pass through like a dozen different ethnic strongholds and everyone is always outside. You could probably get anything and everything under the sun in just that stretch on Roosevelt.

However you guys remember roosevelt / corona, it's probably a lot worse present day. I'm not a big fan of alarmism but it's kinda undisputed that nyc is just a fuckin dump in a lot of places. A lot of depressing, dystopian vibes all around.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 pm
Ivan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:00 pm
Tell it again! I'd like to hear it lol. He seems like a colorful, fun guy. Pizza isn't too bad either - never been to the location but I've had it visiting people I know in Buffalo. La Nova has the concessions for Buffalo's AAA baseball team (Toronto's minor) and I believe at the Bills stadium as well. So "Bills Mafia" may be a literal thing. If you get a box/suite at one of those places and it comes with the food, it's going to be La Nova pizza.
Yeah he's a hoot. Everything he says is some kind of joke. I remember saying something about how it's supposed to be the best pizza place in Buffalo and he pretended to be offended by the "supposed to be".
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate