What was the relationship between Salvie Testa and Joey Merlino?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

knockaround_ny
Associate

What was the relationship between Salvie Testa and Joey Merlino?

Post by knockaround_ny »

We all know that Salvie was going out with Chuckie's daughter and Joey's big sister Maria throughout the 80s before Salvie called it off, so I was wondering what were the dynamics between the two guys back in the day?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: What was the relationship between Salvie Testa and Joey Merlino?

Post by TallGuy19 »

Joey said that Salvie took him horseback riding when they were younger. He seemed pretty fond of him.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

TallGuy19 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:34 am Joey said that Salvie took him horseback riding when they were younger. He seemed pretty fond of him.
Joey the Jockey
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

how many sisters does he have? I know one is in Malibu area or Laguna and don't talk to him?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

I know he mentioned his sister Maria in the one of the podcast episodes, but in Joey's mother's obituary there is no Maria mentioned. It says mother of Joseph and Natalie.Weird?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:30 am I know he mentioned his sister Maria in the one of the podcast episodes, but in Joey's mother's obituary there is no Maria mentioned. It says mother of Joseph and Natalie.Weird?
Prolly had a falling out. Italians can be wildly spiteful.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
knockaround_ny
Associate

Did Salvie Testa take over Chickie Narducci's old crew after killling him?

Post by knockaround_ny »

I figure since Salvie was always hanging around Chickie even being said to play zignette according to Rosina Rucci and are seen in a few pictures together. In the end Testa even had Narducci's sons working for him
mpl0215
On Record

Re: Did Salvie Testa take over Chickie Narducci's old crew after killling him?

Post by mpl0215 »

Yeah I think windows and Phil were in Salvie’s crew to begin with and he called them in right after killing Chickie and said he did that bc he killed his dad and that was the end of it ….wonder how they split up chickie’s assets since he was such a moneymaker or if anyone took over the zignette game ……I wonder if Nicky had anyone borrow some money off Chickie before it went down lol
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Salvie had a powerhouse crew of young guys. I wonder how they divvied up Chickie N street money … if I had to guess I’m sure some went to his sons , and other things probably went to Salvie, Chuckie Merlino and Nicky Scarfo .
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Frank Friel tried to get Frank Narducci Jr. to flip by asking him how he could work for the guys who killed his father. Frank replied "Tell me something that will bring him back. Otherwise, I don't want to talk to you."
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

knockaround_ny wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:41 am We all know that Salvie was going out with Chuckie's daughter and Joey's big sister Maria throughout the 80s before Salvie called it off, so I was wondering what were the dynamics between the two guys back in the day?
Great question, I've always wondered this
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
knockaround_ny
Associate

Salvie Testa's Young Executioners crew

Post by knockaround_ny »

After Salvie Testa was killed by his "friends" Joey Pung and Wayne Grande and his lucrative rackets were divided amongst the others especially his killers, what was the fate of his once powerful crew up to today and who took over after Salvie
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Salvie Testa's Young Executioners crew

Post by chin_gigante »

The crew was split between Faffy Iannarella and Tommy DelGiorno, both of whom were promoted to acting captains by Scarfo at the induction ceremony where Nick Caramandi, Charlie Iannece, and Joey Grande got straightened out.

They were both made official captains a couple of years later. Not long after that though, DelGiorno was broken down and his guys were consolidated under Iannarella, leaving him effectively the man running Philadelphia for Scarfo and Leonetti.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
rlizzy121
Prospect

Post by rlizzy121 »

Is Sal grande still alive ?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

rlizzy121 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:52 pm Is Sal grande still alive ?
He’s still in the Witness Protection Program as far as anyone knows and nobody has reported his death (though sometimes it takes a while for that information to come out). Plus he’s not that old, so my guess would be that he is still alive.