What's the beef between the Grandes and Pungitores despite being part of the same team?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

knockaround_ny
Associate

What's the beef between the Grandes and Pungitores despite being part of the same team?

Post by knockaround_ny »

I heard on here how Wayne Grande would come into Joey Pung's bar to taunt him for betraying Salvie by playing "What are Friends For". In Mafia Prince, Phil Leonetti said that Joey Grande would whisper into his ear to seem like they were talking about Joe Pung but weren't and they later get into a scuffle in prison over Grande's loyalty to Scarfo almost getting himself shelved
knockaround_ny
Associate

What's the beef between the Grandes and Pungitores?

Post by knockaround_ny »

I heard on here how Wayne Grande would come into Joey Pung's bar to taunt him for betraying Salvie by playing "What are Friends For" and Pung also seemed to have issues his brother Joey
Makaveli
Straightened out

Re: What's the beef between the Grandes and Pungitores despite being part of the same team?

Post by Makaveli »

And then there was jimmy two times, who got that nickname as he said everything twice
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: What's the beef between the Grandes and Pungitores despite being part of the same team?

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

And then there was Jimmy two times, who got that nickname as he said everything twice.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
knockaround_ny
Associate

What is the current status of Joey Pungitore of whatever was left of the Philly Mob?

Post by knockaround_ny »

I've seen some recent photos of him resurfacing after his release from the can and he got into a beef with the Grandes especially Joey Grande in the can for his loyalty to Scarfo, so did he ever come back to the fold or not?
knockaround_ny
Associate

In Philly, why did the Grandes and Pungitores hate each other?

Post by knockaround_ny »

I heard on here how Wayne Grande would come into a bar on 15th and Wolf to taunt Joe Pung for betraying Salvie by playing "What Friends are For". In Mafia Prince, Phil Leonetti said that Joey Grande would whisper into his ear to seem like they were talking about Joe Pung but weren't and they later get into a scuffle in prison over Grande's loyalty to Scarfo almost getting himself shelved
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

merging all of these, doesn't need to be three different threads
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

I feel dumber for having read this thread.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

I thought it boiled down to Pungitore felt like the Grandes weren't given him his share of his racket when he was away in jail for one of his charges. Probably more than just that, but usually money or girls is the main one.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Pungitore and Narducci hate each other , Phil is cool with everyone else but Pungitore.

-Dante
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I don’t even know if Phil and his Nephew Joey B still hate each other , I haven’t heard or seen a peep about that beef anymore.

Joey B has a huge problem with Dom G and pulled scumbag moves back when Dom G was still out on the streets and wearing an ankle monitor.

—Dante
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:59 pm I don’t even know if Phil and his Nephew Joey B still hate each other , I haven’t heard or seen a peep about that beef anymore.

Joey B has a huge problem with Dom G and pulled scumbag moves back when Dom G was still out on the streets and wearing an ankle monitor.

—Dante
Can you elaborate?