Gangland 11-23-2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Gangland 11-23-2023

Post by newera_212 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:16 pm
What specific cases are you referring to?
The one where that former teacher was selling drugs
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:33 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:31 am They aren't discriminating. Fentanyl, street gangs, human trafficking, fraud, etc.
The problem is they ARE discriminating. Thats the point.

As you yourself stated they DO have finite resources.

So for every bullshit Romanello case, thats a" Fentanyl, street gang, human trafficker, fraudster" who gets away with it.
Sure, everything is finite - but they aren't hurting, was my point, I guess. The sentences they are giving out for the fentanyl are pretty severe too. They're playing around with this Romanello shit but on a lot of stuff, they aren't. I'm not a big cheerleader for the FBI by any means, either. Just saying they are active in all arenas a lot more than I thought they were. I really don't know how they decide what goes federal or not, but it seems like they are picking up stuff that would normally be handled by the state
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Newera do u have a link to this site?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:44 am Newera do u have a link to this site?
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr (western district)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr (southern district)
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:44 am Newera do u have a link to this site?
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr (western district)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr (southern district)
Appreciated
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:33 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:31 am They aren't discriminating. Fentanyl, street gangs, human trafficking, fraud, etc.
The problem is they ARE discriminating. Thats the point.

As you yourself stated they DO have finite resources.

So for every bullshit Romanello case, thats a" Fentanyl, street gang, human trafficker, fraudster" who gets away with it.

I always find it odd when yall say discriminating....

Bro ..when they start stop and frisking random Italians for gambling slips...then I think it's discrimination...

Like goddammit, it's still New York. The biggest city. And a mob bust will still get you local headlines, maybe not national..ya know? It's a game... it's stats. Either it's numbers chasing, racking up arrest stats and seizures or it's making one case seem bigger than it is. Quality or Quantity..It's the same game....

You seem to be missing the fact that he actually DID IT...LOL

This is why Anastasia and the other guy were so surprised with all the recent mob violence. He's 80 plus fuckin years old. He doesn't need the money..right? Why is he PUNCHING PEOPLE? Risking some goofy pinch....

Was there no vig? I thought the point was to juice em to death?

They smacked the guys RELATIVE...right?

It's like the 18 year old who hung himself in Canada, and they go to his family for HIS debt. How is that right?

This is one of the things I always respected about Merlino. Basically if you wernt a killer, he wasn't paying you...lmao.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I'm not missing anything Cabrini
If A) the government has limited resources and B) they choose to spend a portion of those resources on an 86yr man 'punching' a much younger man over an insult and a debt incurred to him...

Then that is a GROSS misallocation of resources.

It is discrimination because other ethnic groups commit FAR greater crimes which are not pursued, investigated or brought before a court.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

If Romanello wasn't Federici's right hand man I'm not even sure the feds would've even bothered with this case. Just my two cents.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:02 pm I'm not missing anything Cabrini
If A) the government has limited resources and B) they choose to spend a portion of those resources on an 86yr man 'punching' a much younger man over an insult and a debt incurred to him...

Then that is a GROSS misallocation of resources.

It is discrimination because other ethnic groups commit FAR greater crimes which are not pursued, investigated or brought before a court.

But that takes actual WORK Sonny...lol

I hear you.. I do. It just honestly reminds me of the Colombus Day episode...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

JohnnyS wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:32 pm If Romanello wasn't Federici's right hand man I'm not even sure the feds would've even bothered with this case. Just my two cents.
Bingo.

The Feds, to me, seem like a vindictive woman. Look at the shit with Gotti Junior.
Just an emotional Harpee.
Couldnt get Tough Tony, struck out with Rom.

Lets spend 5 years and $250k, multiple prosecutors, agents etc...... on getting an 86yr old man who had 86k bet into him and walked, then insulted to his face, swing a punch.

Get the F out of here.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:33 am I hear you.. I do. It just honestly reminds me of the Colombus Day episode...
Car scene was the best.

Always disagreed with how Ralphie approached the Chief.
Slander?
F that.
"Stop this today or ill have guys break your f*ing legs tomorrow." More effective.

But it was for TV. SO....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:24 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:32 pm If Romanello wasn't Federici's right hand man I'm not even sure the feds would've even bothered with this case. Just my two cents.
Bingo.

The Feds, to me, seem like a vindictive woman. Look at the shit with Gotti Junior.
Just an emotional Harpee.
Couldnt get Tough Tony, struck out with Rom.

Lets spend 5 years and $250k, multiple prosecutors, agents etc...... on getting an 86yr old man who had 86k bet into him and walked, then insulted to his face, swing a punch.

Get the F out of here.
Agreed. It's a headline grab.....It reminded me of Sporanos again....at Jackie's funeral when Sil gets arrested... what did he call it? Popcorn headlines?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:25 am
jmack wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:49 pm I think Sonny’s premise holds more than yours. He said 50, corrected himself to 40, and you’re splitting hairs to say 35. 35% isn’t negligible. Your statement that it’s come down since it’s recent high is crazy. That’s like me gaining 50 pounds, losing 15 and saying my weight is down 15. Sure, it’s down, but it’s down from a recent high, not compared to what it usually is.
Thanks jmack, made my point better than I.

My point Adam, was a POS beat into and lost 86k, and an 80 year old went and 'smacked' his cousin because of it...... and we get a Fed task force, racketeering, multiple DA's....

When, and to take your figures, murder is up 35%.

You don't see an issue there, we'll agree to disagree.

And it has just come out that the Feds have been cooking the books to show a lower crime rate (surprise surprise). So there you go.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Murder rates collapsed in 2023 across the country and NYC and that trend continues into 2024 with NYC murders down another 15% ytd

Everyone is working today and it’s a reminder how important work/ jobs / economy are to crime rates.

A lot of talk about a tech future (25-50 years ) where we don’t have to work much, which history has shown is likely to result in increased crime. Idle hands are the devils workshop lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah and production is up 50% this month. Praise Big Brother.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:19 am Yeah and production is up 50% this month. Praise Big Brother.

Pogo
F big brother lol , we posted back to back near 5% productivity growth rates last 2 qtrs . Prime age (25-55) labor participation rate is at decades high. We have been working our asses off. F big brother