NYC Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: NYC Bust

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Where does the ITALY connection come in???

Just the making ceremony and possibly schooling some members??

I was thinking this was a trans Atlantic case I may have mis read
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So, Torreta, Borgetto, and Partanico. From the Gambino Sicilians. The Bonnanos have Castellamare connected people, but it's looser today than in the 80s?

Luchesse have Torretesi through Calogero Davi? Anyone else anyone knows of?

Gambinos and Colombos have an Ndrangheta connection through the Glen Cove thing......

Ndrina? Locale? PolakTony help me out, what is it again? A Bastardio? Lol I forget the phrase for an unofficially recognized Local.

Genovese have some embedded Siderno people? Like Commisos and Schrippa? An Odeppisano? Or are they Alvaro people?

Buffalo has ndrangheta connections through the Violis and Luppinos?

Are the Torreta people still active in Philly too?

Any other active connections between the 5 families and Italy?
Last edited by CabriniGreen on Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:40 pm Where does the ITALY connection come in???

Just the making ceremony and possibly schooling some members??

I was thinking this was a trans Atlantic case I may have mis read
The Sicilians pressured relatives back in Sicily for extortion money. All nonsense if you ask me. All this for 4 grand they gotta split I don't know how many ways. Doesn't seem like the juice is worth the squeeze to me.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

That $3.9 million in discounts sounds like quite a score to me.

Is the behavior in this indictment (beyond Lanni going bonkers that one night) anomalous, or is today's mob in general still really that menacing?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm That $3.9 million in discounts sounds like quite a score to me.

Is the behavior in this indictment (beyond Lanni going bonkers that one night) anomalous, or is today's mob in general still really that menacing?
Oh the union stuff? Yeah... extorting regular people and threatening the relatives for a measly 4 grand? For what?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:29 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm That $3.9 million in discounts sounds like quite a score to me.

Oh the union stuff? Yeah... extorting regular people and threatening the relatives for a measly 4 grand? For what?
I mean all the assaults mostly. Is that still common or is this crew anomalous?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:29 pm

I mean all the assaults mostly. Is that still common or is this crew anomalous?
It was a surprising read.... running up on people in the street with hammers and all....
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I feel like Pennisi has mentioned the DiLorenzo guy before in past videos as being a Sicilian around the Gambinos who owned a restaurant/pizza place out on Long Island.

How many separate "sicilian crews" do we think there are in the Gambinos? Surely the Lanni crew (which isn't even all Sicilian technically) can't be the only one
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

You're thinking of John DiLorenzo.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:37 pm I feel like Pennisi has mentioned the DiLorenzo guy before in past videos as being a Sicilian around the Gambinos who owned a restaurant/pizza place out on Long Island.

How many separate "sicilian crews" do we think there are in the Gambinos? Surely the Lanni crew (which isn't even all Sicilian technically) can't be the only one
This is the question I've been asking for awhile now. You got the Borgetto boss in NY.... so that makes him....
What? A Gambino associate? Or is the Borgetto family present in NY? Same with Torreta.

B. has a post in the past about the Partanico boss meeting with Castellano about Scilians running around NY. So maybe the Partanico contingent has its origins from that meeting? Pretty compelling I think....

It might seem like semantics, but I've found it intriguing for awhile now. Mostly because of the Sixth Family book, how the Sicilians were lobbying for, how to phrase it... it seemed to me like they wanted access to NY like it's just another territory. But the Americans had to retain sovereignty over their territory, so I've always thought the compromise was that certain guys got made, so as to keep the business going, but they were still really creatures of Sicily.

Another recent post by B. in that Super Summit thread...( I fell down half a dozen rabbit holes on that one..)

This stuff is a good example of the organizational and operational topic.

Organizational - Leaders of Cosa Nostra, the Camorra, and 'Ndrangheta inducting each other into their groups as honorary members to allow mutual recognition and strengthen operational relationships.
Not Cammora or Ndrangheta here obviously, just certain key Sicilian mafia members granted membership so as to facilitate the business.

I kinda find it fascinating. Another fucking translantic extortion attempt. It goes contrary to my theory that kind of criminal activity isn't consistent with an organization without a standing pressence. Like you can't "export" extortion, lol. You can't package it or sell it like a service. Them giving "extortion lessons" lol. Can you imagine this scene in a movie or TV show? What's interesting is that Comito- Corigliano clan were doing extortions too. Both clans run right into the Feds. Not to mention that Castellemare guy... was it Palmieri?

It should tell them something about reaching into regular peoples pockets. This is not Italy where the police and courts can be kinda neutralized. These people are going g to go right to the police. Here, you gotta DO BUSINESS. Extortion, at least that type of extortion is not business. The Concrete Club.... that was like... Platinum Standard there. Are they into produce heavy? Why not a strategy that's based in a forced acquisition of goods or services? I dunno... find out what the people buy to supply their business, or some service they pay for that they need and just do that? Who wants to edit the Proper Extortion Manual...lol fuck am I talking about..lmao

Don't mind me... this is fun...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Partinico has been in NYC since the turn of the 20th century.

Notice how the indictment says Vito Rappa (son of Borgetto boss) is a Sicilian mafia member and Gambino associate. If a guy doesn't transfer, he is still a made guy with his Sicilian Family but is on record with an American Family. He is respected and maybe even recognized as a made member but he still belongs to the Sicilian Family and has to be represented by the local Family he is "with".

Sal Lombardo is a good example. He was a made member of the Montelepre Family who lived in NYC where he was a Gambino associate then it was arranged for his boss in Montelepre to write a traditional letter of transfer so he could formally join the Gambinos, same way it was done over 100 years ago.

Some guys transfer and many guys don't but they are all represented by a local Family. Based on that text message it sounds like Rappa was encouraging the Gambinos to make certain people so he was definitely seen as a peer by the members.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Interesting that Rappa wasn’t allowed to attend the Gambino making ceremony, even if he is vouching/recommending associates to be made

Not sure if it’s been confirmed whether Riccardo Cefalu was made in Sicily or not.. but I recall JD posting a document regarding Domenico’s ceremony stating that Riccardo was allowed to attend, implying Sicilian membership. Perhaps Riccardo was transferring membership at the time
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:43 pm The Sicilians pressured relatives back in Sicily for extortion money. All nonsense if you ask me. All this for 4 grand they gotta split I don't know how many ways. Doesn't seem like the juice is worth the squeeze to me.
Its not about the money with these people, its about the ego, "you are gonna give me money" , he would do the same if it was 1000$. I have no idea how Lanni is not shelved, he seems like a complete loose canon.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

AntComello wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:05 pm I would have to assume Lanni was absolutely hammered and or coked up to have done this much stupid shit that night. That’s the only explanation.
Yep, nobody wants to hear that though, just want to call him dumb, when youre that hammered intelligence goes out the window,
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Teflon Dom wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:48 pm
dave wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 pm Hilarious

Prosecutors says this security footage shows Joseph Lanni buying a gas container at a New Jersey filling station shortly after threatening to burn a restaurant down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/08/nyre ... rests.html
If guys like this are the future like Jeremy claims, LCN is truly fucked. Gets butthurt over being kicked out of a restaurant, likely due to being a complete tool. Then he goes to a local gas station, fills up a gas can and does what he does giving them all the evidence they need. LOL

He might as well have livestreamed his crime. Dumbfella.
It's just Lanni, though. And the guy Lanni was with tried to take the gas can away from him. I feel like this is more of na isolated incident then the norm.