NYC Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: NYC Bust

Post by B. »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:55 pm That is weird they turned that bar brawl into a federal crime?I wonder how it's federal. Did it enhance there stature in the Gambino family?Did it generate money? It wasn't over a gambling debt like that old genovese guy on trial for punching a guy rite now. Any one have a guess?
He identified himself as a "Gambino".
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

felice wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:55 am that's what everyone's doing nowdays
Still a tiny fraction
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Reading through the detention memo Lanni is only being charged with one count of Racketeering conspiracy. IMO feds added his assault case from NJ just to include him in the indictment as they don’t have much else
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm Funny Gene Borello is making comments like

“Ianni is just a realtor- they called him Batman - legit during day gangster by night”

Oh and that he borello was “sent for “

This kid is dieing to stay relevant and HATES that he flipped… he wasn’t even made why would he have to be sent for like they gotta have a sit down
Ton of guys are legit by day, not sure how this is insult to his mafia creds.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Hilarious

Prosecutors says this security footage shows Joseph Lanni buying a gas container at a New Jersey filling station shortly after threatening to burn a restaurant down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/08/nyre ... rests.html
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

No wonder Lanni is a multi millionaire, Laforte must have kicked up a fortune from the par fund scam
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:32 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:25 am Looks like the same LaForte charged back on May in that Par Funding case. He was quoted saying he was a "soldier for the family".
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/pa ... erjury-and
Joe The Cat’s son?
Like TSNYC said it's his grandson and I believe nephews of Buddy the Cat.

Makes me wonder if the older brother is also made.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

dave wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 pm Hilarious

Prosecutors says this security footage shows Joseph Lanni buying a gas container at a New Jersey filling station shortly after threatening to burn a restaurant down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/08/nyre ... rests.html
If guys like this are the future like Jeremy claims, LCN is truly fucked. Gets butthurt over being kicked out of a restaurant, likely due to being a complete tool. Then he goes to a local gas station, fills up a gas can and does what he does giving them all the evidence they need. LOL

He might as well have livestreamed his crime. Dumbfella.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

I would have to assume Lanni was absolutely hammered and or coked up to have done this much stupid shit that night. That’s the only explanation.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Yeah it’s really mind boggling - guy had to be so hammered … you’d think the 3 hours in between the initial dispute and the attack would have cooled him off.

I wonder who the demo / carting firm being shaken down was. Maybe Scars touches on this, be nice to get his view of Lanni
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Crazy timing, Vlad TV put out their Jack Garcia interview this week. I literally listened to it today and then saw this news had broke.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

The crazy shit this mafia guys are still burning shit. You get alot more time for setting anything on fire then just beating the shit out of a guy. They give you numbers for arson. It puts the public in danger. I can't believe they haven't made that a law in the mafia it's so simple don't light shit on fire to get your point across. Go fuck the guy up, smash the windows. Setting a guys steps on fire is retarded. Peter pan got 10 yrs for lighting a car on fire with no one in it crazy
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Lanni was probably on a mix of cocaine and alcohol when he did this bizarre shit that night. Stimulant and depressant at the same time, only they don't cancel each other out. They send you into a shall we say "third state". You can do REALLY weird shit when in that third state. Wake up in jail with no memory whatsoever of how you got there. (Not that I've ever done this, oh no, not me, heaven forfend.)
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Not even psycho ex boyfriends call 39 times. Lanni is a dumbfuck who will be lucky if he's not shelved when he comes back from prison.

Also Vicari is either the oldest 46 year old I've ever seen or that age was a typo.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

It sounds like prosecution used the assault on the owners in New Jersey as a reason for not granting lanni bail but it's not part of the federal case. Atleast that's what I think I read over the ny post. That's bullshit. But the guys a asshole. Sounds like they got some crew members dead to rites but not lanni. Also they must all had union book in the laborers. The whole stealing benefits. Not really there getting there health, annuity, and pension. But that all comes out of how many hours you work. You need a 1000 a year for a pension credit. Weird someone has to do the work I don't understand how the company survives. I guess they hire guy to fill in for them doing the demo work and pay them under the table we'll they take home checks on the books