Skinny Joey

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mvguy818
Associate

Re: Skinny Joey

Post by Mvguy818 »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:56 pm Thought you knew these things and weren't just speculating
Yes I do know but I’m not everywhere all the time. And I’m surprised these guys would actually do that.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Geeleonetti wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:31 pm He’s still the boss just based off of 1 line during the podcast. He says…wtf am I gonna do with 350k, that’s nothing. That alone tells you a lot and how crazy he actually is. Hes not working and currently not getting a tremendous amount yet from this podcast. There’s zero chance he’s not getting money rolling in, he’s just very smart these days.
Also shows that people don’t have ANY IDEAwhat money is coming up the ladder.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Teflon Dom wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:32 pm
Geeleonetti wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:31 pm He’s still the boss just based off of 1 line during the podcast. He says…wtf am I gonna do with 350k, that’s nothing. That alone tells you a lot and how crazy he actually is. Hes not working and currently not getting a tremendous amount yet from this podcast. There’s zero chance he’s not getting money rolling in, he’s just very smart these days.
He got paid 100 K advance. but that probably wouldn't cover the cost of some of those watches he was wearing.
Yes,his watch collection is nasty. We all know he likes a good watch. He wanted to get as many watches he could off Ron Pevite..ha
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:38 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:30 pm Who are the real guys left in Philly?
Mikey Lance,Mazzone,Faffy, Johnny Chang not too many left but these are real gangsters.. end of the day they have to answer to NY anyway
Don’t forget George and Phil N.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

F*ck the watch collection. Bring back those waitresses
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:52 pm
Mikey Lance,Mazzone,Faffy, Johnny Chang not too many left but these are real gangsters.. end of the day they have to answer to NY anyway
Way more than that
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:57 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:52 pm
Way more than that
Very true
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:38 pm ...end of the day they have to answer to NY anyway
What do you mean by this?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 am
Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:38 pm ...end of the day they have to answer to NY anyway
I guess he is saying Philly still answers to NY. You know also the people that don't respect or talk to him.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:34 am
I guess he is saying Philly still answers to NY. You know also the people that don't respect or talk to him.
NY doesn't respect or talk to Merlino? What?

The same Merlino that was making money and indicted with NY mobsters? The same Joey spotted attending Christmas parties in NY with Patsy Parrello?
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

I can't wait for the "Gamble Responsibly" t-shirt! A t-shirt with Joey Merlino on it saying "Gamble Responsibly" might be the great t-shirt of all time.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I know what he's saying, I want him to justify it.
Philly still reports to NY???

Would love ANY evidence that:
A) Philly reports to NY
B) There's no respect for Joey.

But he won't answer, because there is none.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 pm Philly still reports to NY???
During Merlino's last trial in New York, FBI SA William Inzerillo of the Genovese squad testified that during the course of the investigation they learned that the Philadelphia family answered to the Genovese family. This would appear to be the same way that the DeCavalcante family runs under the Gambinos.

It would make sense considering during that period Merlino was observed meeting with Patsy Parrello, Eugene O'Nofrio, and Danny Pagano. Parrello was also observed in Philadelphia meeting with George Borgesi.

Historically too, it was the Genovese family that put Natale and Merlino in charge of Philadelphia in the 1990s. Peter Caprio was used first by Natale and then by Merlino as a liason with the Genovese family. Larry Ricci would pass messages to his cousin Beeps Centorino, and Caprio would then take them down to Philadelphia. Caprio stated that the Philadelphia administration needed authorisation from the Genovese family for major decisions. Merlino however didn't seem to always follow Genovese rulings. Merlino asked Caprio to send a message to the Genovese family asking permission to make members in Boston. The Genovese family said no but obviously Merlino made them anyway.

Caprio also said the Genovese family refused to recognise Joe Ligambi when he became acting boss because they were embarrassed by Natale flipping (seeing as they put him there as boss) and were unhappy with how Merlino stopped sending him money in prison. They didn't want to cut Ligambi in on a joker poker partnership between Vito Alberti and Danny D'Ambrosia, which led to Caprio planning to kill Ligambi, Mazzone, and Borgesi.

It would appear the Genovese family did start recognising Philadelphia and Merlino again sometime after Caprio flipped. It might not have even taken that long because an associate of Larry Dentico was observed handing tribute in the early-mid 2000s to a 'high-ranking' Philadelphia member for being allowed to run a gambling operation in their territory.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Mvguy818
Associate

Post by Mvguy818 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 pm

A) Philly reports to NY

I won’t answer because this conversation is fruitless. You’re right I don’t have actual proof but neither do you saying otherwise. I stand by what I’m saying and I will say I told you so when the rats report it.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Mvguy818 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:17 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 pm

A) Philly reports to NY

I won’t answer because this conversation is fruitless. You’re right I don’t have actual proof but neither do you saying otherwise. I stand by what I’m saying and I will say I told you so when the rats report it.
You won't answer because you have zero clue. You aren't in the streets and nobody knows you. You are chasing clout on a mafia forum. That is sad LMAO