From an Academic View;

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

From an Academic View;

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Hey guys,
So anyone who’s serious about researching ‘ndrangheta activity around the world has more than likely read some of her publications. Professor/Dr Anna Sergi is regarded as a leading expert on ‘ndrangheta, and she is also a member of The Black Hand Forum (again!). Anyway, I figure this a great opportunity as a space for researchers and mob-watchers to share views and information. Anna has also kindly agreed to field some questions; in the past she’s very often clarified things for me.

I’ll start; Anna, the Tripodi family. I’m trying to trace the host of Joe Tripodi of NSW. Rocco and Serafino were found with a murder weapon (Francesco Mule/Mole in 1956) at the Brunswick meeting in Melbourne. Rocco , Serafino, Vincenzo and Antonio were at the meeting. Their cousins Francesco and Salvatore Tripodi were charged with the 1964 murder of their brother in law, Antonio Monaco.
But I’m getting off track. Is the Tripodi family a presence in Calabria? Are there still links there to Australia?

Welcome to the forum Anna.