How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Re: How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Post by Massive-Sail »

Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:10 pm another guy can be Paparatto’s son that currently lives in Italy after being deported after an arrest, he stated in his son youtube channel that he left college to follow his father in his work after he saw gold rings and cadillacs.
he stated also that he was making his way back to the us
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Do you know if Gennaro's father had been in the US in the 1940s or 50s?

An important Ribera Club figure close to Nick Delmore during that time was Emanuele Sortino, which I assume is the name of Gennaro's father. The Ribera Orphanage Committee's second administration was run by Delmore, capodecina Joe Sferra, and Emanuele Sortino. Previously the committee was run by the entire DeCavalcante Family leadership, a few members, and a Chicago Family capodecina and two Chicago members originally from Ribera, plus a few Riberese "unknowns" in NJ who might have been DeCavalcante members. It was again run by most of the Family leadership under Sam DeCavalcante through the 1970s but by then at least it included two or three Family associates.

The Sortinos seem to have regularly traveled between Ribera and Elizabeth for decades but Gennaro Sortino was a capodecina in the Ribera Family and never transferred to the DeCavalcantes that we know of.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:51 am
Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:03 am this is paparatto with anthony “soft shoes” demaio at 2010 st. anthony’s feast in elizabeth
Excellent photo. DeMaio's son could be a member today as he was identified as an associate many years back and I've seen a recent photo of him with member Greg Rago. The DeMaios were very close to the Majuris.
Anywhere I can find that recent photo?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

joerock wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:45 pm
Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:03 am this is paparatto with anthony “soft shoes” demaio at 2010 st. anthony’s feast in elizabeth
Excellent photo. DeMaio's son could be a member today as he was identified as an associate many years back and I've seen a recent photo of him with member Greg Rago. The DeMaios were very close to the Majuris.

DeMaio Jr. (L) and Rago (R) in 2020. It was DeMaio's Facebook profile photo until he died so the relationship must have been close.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

rago at the closure ceremony of the cafetal social club
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

consalvo at the same day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:19 pm

DeMaio Jr. (L) and Rago (R) in 2020. It was DeMaio's Facebook profile photo until he died so the relationship must have been close.
in that profile anthony demaio has a Joseph Perna as a friend I don’t know if is Ralph Perna’s Joe or Michael’s Joe
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'm sure he was close to the Luccheses being the son of a Majuri guy. Charlie Majuri was best man at Anthony Accetturo's wedding and also godfather to Accetturo Jr.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

Something I don’t believe is that Consalvo and Rago killed Larasso and now Majuri is close to them. everything is strange because The DeCavalcante are one of the few families in which factionalism prevails.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:19 pm

this photo was liked by Lou Fazzini’s daughter
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Rago was at the closing ceremony? Brings up the possibility that consalvo and rago still work together in some sort of capacity
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

joerock wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:04 am Rago was at the closing ceremony? Brings up the possibility that consalvo and rago still work together in some sort of capacity
I wonder now what Consalvo will do after the closing of the restaurant
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

When did Cafetal close? I had no idea they were closing it, I hadn’t been there in quite a while.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:05 am When did Cafetal close? I had no idea they were closing it, I hadn’t been there in quite a while.
it closed in october 2022
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Massive-Sail wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:56 pm recent pic of stango
Where was this photo found? Interesting enough to have a recent picture of him uploaded.