How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Post by furiofromnaples »

I saw the members list in the 2023 membership post and the members are very old.
So how active is the family? I dont read nothing big after Stango crew incriminations.
bn
Straightened out

Re: How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Post by bn »

probably should use general questions thread
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

B. talked about this a while back on his substack:

https://mafia.substack.com/p/state-of-t ... on#details
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Judging by the lack of indictments, it seems as if the family is in bad shape
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

How is active.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

I’m sure they are still active but they’re keeping quite and out of the spotlight. Peterstown Elizabeth isn’t what it used to be obviously BUT they still have spots in that area (Sacco’s Meat Market, Ribera Club). Whenever the next indictment hits if there will ever be one then we’ll find out more.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

If they weren't active or defunct I'm sure the Feds would have pointed that out. Most of the big money making schemes have gone away. Sports books and juice loans are most likely the main illegal activity. But all of this is just my best guess. I'm sure it won't be long before the Westside or the Gambinos absorb them all together.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

http://library.lol/main/1BE3D16829647D1 ... 5610276C51

Press ‘get’ , its the most recent book on the subject.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I'm guessing they have the largest recruit pool of any mob family with the whole state of New Jersey and only what max 50 slots to fill. I strongly believe there probably very active but not nearly as powerful as they where 20 years ago
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

The feds would be screaming it loud when they declare one of these last family's defunct because of there assault on organized crime
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Uforeality wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:59 pm If they weren't active or defunct I'm sure the Feds would have pointed that out. Most of the big money making schemes have gone away. Sports books and juice loans are most likely the main illegal activity. But all of this is just my best guess. I'm sure it won't be long before the Westside or the Gambinos absorb them all together.
If that were to happen you’d think it would be the Gambino’s considering what Stagno said about being under them
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

what did he say and who the fuck is Stagno.

KEEP IN MIND THE FEDS WILL DISSEMINATE INFORMATION THAT IS DESIGNED TO CONFUSE THE BAD GUYS AND ELLICIT SOME TYPE OF BEHAVIOR like getting them to gossip in wired up places or ppl
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:38 am what did he say and who the fuck is Stagno.

KEEP IN MIND THE FEDS WILL DISSEMINATE INFORMATION THAT IS DESIGNED TO CONFUSE THE BAD GUYS AND ELLICIT SOME TYPE OF BEHAVIOR like getting them to gossip in wired up places or ppl
Charles Stango is a Decavelcante capo he said the family is ‘under the Gambinos’ whatever that means
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

TommyGambino wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:51 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:38 am what did he say and who the fuck is Stagno.

Charles Stango is a Decavelcante capo he said the family is ‘under the Gambinos’ whatever that means
I remember reading this somewhere about being under the Gambinos. Being "under" the Gambino is probably just a representation issue
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:32 pm I'm guessing they have the largest recruit pool of any mob family with the whole state of New Jersey and only what max 50 slots to fill. I strongly believe there probably very active but not nearly as powerful as they where 20 years ago
Well, it's not like they've ever had the state all to themselves. And it doesn't seem like they've had 50 members for quite some time but are around 30 members; nearly half of which are in their 80's and 90's. And the cases involving the family have hardly been consistent over the past 20 years.
All roads lead to New York.