Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Post by Newyorkempire »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:46 pm
UpstateDapper wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:46 pm The question of whether or not this gambling bust is LCN related is a valid one.
furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 pm Any news on the last rochester family made men?
Tony Gingello,Lorenzo Piccarreto ecc
Tony Gingello died fairly suddenly in 2021. But he hadn’t really been active in years. He was more of a coke head, biker guy. Omertà wasn’t something he followed either, to say the least.

Loren Piccarreto is retired from LCN. He’s given public interviews about it and spoke on his late father’s end of life regrets. I believe he’s a religious man now.

Tom Marotta is old and sick. He is slowing down, however is he NOT inactive… not at all.
the Feds had a under cover in there club and his phones tapped , which ferrera talked openly chances are if he was in a crew he would of been caught in tape
Ferrara said he was invoked in a 2014 major bait but was not invited
What
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Here is a link to the criminal complaint on SCRIBD: https://www.scribd.com/document/6283322 ... -Complaint# ...They recorded lots of conversations.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

NickleCity would you happen to know what case they're refer to here?
On or about January 2, 2021, law enforcement intercepted a phone call between FERRARI and AMATO. FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI believed FERRARI’s main cellular phone was bad and was being listened to by the police. FERRARI advised AMATO the phone he was talking to AMATO on for this call was a “burner.” FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI was informed by a friend of FERRARI’s, who is a trooper with the New York State Police, that the police were “looking at [FERRARI]” for gambling. FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI had his phones wire-tapped by the police in 2014. AMATO stated he remembered that. FERRARI stated he never got brought in and “those guys took plea deals.” FERRARI stated he operates much smaller now and the police should be able to crack his case in three weeks or three hours.
Could it be this?
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/bo ... laundering

Looks like all 3 plead guilty.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:22 pm NickleCity would you happen to know what case they're refer to here?
On or about January 2, 2021, law enforcement intercepted a phone call between FERRARI and AMATO. FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI believed FERRARI’s main cellular phone was bad and was being listened to by the police. FERRARI advised AMATO the phone he was talking to AMATO on for this call was a “burner.” FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI was informed by a friend of FERRARI’s, who is a trooper with the New York State Police, that the police were “looking at [FERRARI]” for gambling. FERRARI advised AMATO that FERRARI had his phones wire-tapped by the police in 2014. AMATO stated he remembered that. FERRARI stated he never got brought in and “those guys took plea deals.” FERRARI stated he operates much smaller now and the police should be able to crack his case in three weeks or three hours.
Could it be this?

I don’t know but the one you referenced would have been my guess.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Certainly is a much larger operation, took in $72 million in total wagers in 2 years.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I didn't read the whole thing but the percentage of texts I read it doesn't seem to be any mob affiliation and they seem to have a UC in there pretty regularly. They made good money, but they sound very amateurish in the recorded calls i read. And they just gave the people what they want. There was a good market in that area for it it seems.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:39 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:22 pm NickleCity would you happen to know what case they're refer to here?
Could it be this?

I don’t know but the one you referenced would have been my guess.
So this guy in this case deposited his ill gotten gains into his personal checking acct at Bank of America :roll:
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

That 2014 illegal gambling bust was brought about by the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. Seems a bit unusual that a group dedicated to investigating narcotics traffickers to bring a gambling case, no?
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:20 pm Certainly is a much larger operation, took in $72 million in total wagers in 2 years.
Yeah, and the Lennart site on Rochester mentions a Paul Borrelli involved in a 1982 gambling bust. Articles I’ve read about the 2014 gambling ring described Borrelli as a long time bookie, so I believe it is likely same guy.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:10 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:20 pm Certainly is a much larger operation, took in $72 million in total wagers in 2 years.
Yeah, and the Lennart site on Rochester mentions a Paul Borrelli involved in a 1982 gambling bust. Articles I’ve read about the 2014 gambling ring described Borrelli as a long time bookie, so I believe it is likely same guy.
November 15, 1982 Democrat & Chronicle

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Makes him the right age. Thanks JCB.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:54 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Makes him the right age. Thanks JCB.
No prob 👍
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

What is Lennert's site? i used to love his musings.....
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:08 pm
What is Lennert's site? i used to love his musings.....
http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.c ... t.html?m=1
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

thanks homey
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!