Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
To be clear, the link NickleCity provided you is to Lennert’s Rochester list on Bill Feather’s Mafia Membership Charts blog.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Fair to assume that every similar sized city int he country has something similar going on?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:50 am Fair to assume that every similar sized city int he country has something similar going on?
100%
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

like think about all the similar sized cities or areas in the US that must have huge bookDenvers. Like Cincy, Nashville, Houston, Denver, Wilmington, Charlotte, Albuquerque, Tuscon, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Tuscon, Orlando, ATL. I'm sure they got a book in North Bend Indiana!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

UpstateDapper wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:46 pm The question of whether or not this gambling bust is LCN related is a valid one.
furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 pm Any news on the last rochester family made men?
Tony Gingello,Lorenzo Piccarreto ecc
Tony Gingello died fairly suddenly in 2021. But he hadn’t really been active in years. He was more of a coke head, biker guy. Omertà wasn’t something he followed either, to say the least.
Upstate Dapper didn’t Tony have a son named Vito?

Vito Gingello is the sales consultant at Dominic Sprague’s pawn shop Gold and Diamond of NY on Stone Rd that is mentioned in the criminal complaints for NY State Trooper who tipped off the gambling ring and gambling bust itself.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:38 pm
UpstateDapper wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:46 pm The question of whether or not this gambling bust is LCN related is a valid one.
furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 pm Any news on the last rochester family made men?
Tony Gingello died fairly suddenly in 2021. But he hadn’t really been active in years. He was more of a coke head, biker guy. Omertà wasn’t something he followed either, to say the least.

Vito Gingello is the sales consultant at Dominic Sprague’s pawn shop Gold and Diamond of NY on Stone Rd that is mentioned in the criminal complaints for NY State Trooper who tipped off the gambling ring and gambling bust itself.
First off Tony wasnt made. He was best friends with Marotta however. Youre saying he wasnt active as if he was. And he had three sons. Not sure if Vito is one of them
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:38 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Vito is Anthony's son. Leaning towards like 75% it being his son, 25% being his nephew. Definitely Sammy Gingello Sr.'s grandson though. He should be like 37-40 years old...somewhere in that range. He has a brother named Anthony , and there's another younger'ish Gingello that I knew as going by "Sammy" but I'm not sure if that is a nickname. The younger Anthony and the person called "Sammy" may even be the same person. They are in their 30s to early 40s at the latest.

I could probably ask around and get real confirmation. Again, not from there, but have ties to the area through family still up there , specifically to the area where Vito Gingello grew up and went to high school. A family member of mine dated the ex girlfriend of either Vito or Anthony...I think it was Anthony. Wish I could remember.

They aren't a huge family like the Persicos or something where you see a random Persico name and think "who the fuck is that?" but there are enough of them, combined with just knowing other people who know/grew up with them, that I'm not fully sure who exactly are the sons of Anthony are
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

isn't there a Gingello in LA?

Legit guy that works at a hotel in Beverly HIlls?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Some fresh street talk live from the suburbs of a medium sized rust belt city... I heard a rumor from some family members that they are digging into the brother of this Ferarri guy for another booking making ring, loansharking, and other shit. He runs a few restaurants around the area. Also heard that one of these guys put a debtor's eye out , said in response to me when I said "why are they going after these guys for some card games, who gives a shit" ...who knows how true this is but the 'street talk' is saying that this is the tip of the iceberg
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

^ I'm saying that just to keep the topic going and pass along what's being talked about - not saying that to say that they are about to uncover a wide centralized conspiracy across rochester with made members, making ceremonies, structure, etc. People are just saying there is another operation ran by the guy's brother that is going to get popped and that these guys were doing more than just taking bets
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

I will say that when I read the complaint against the state trooper and then did a little digging I thought it was going to be Ferrari’s brother the chef that would be busted. Also, heard the local police went to the FBI first but FBI didn’t want it and HSI ended up taking the investigation.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm I will say that when I read the complaint against the state trooper and then did a little digging I thought it was going to be Ferrari’s brother the chef that would be busted. Also, heard the local police went to the FBI first but FBI didn’t want it and HSI ended up taking the investigation.
Interesting - how come you thought it was the brother at first? I don't know anything about the two guys really. Any info about them? I saw the video of them leaving court, looked a lot younger than I thought. The complaint against the trooper mentioned a business or restaurant in Chili, NY I believe - that was Ferrari Pizza Bar?
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:12 pm
NickleCity wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm I will say that when I read the complaint against the state trooper and then did a little digging I thought it was going to be Ferrari’s brother the chef that would be busted. Also, heard the local police went to the FBI first but FBI didn’t want it and HSI ended up taking the investigation.
Interesting - how come you thought it was the brother at first? I don't know anything about the two guys really. Any info about them? I saw the video of them leaving court, looked a lot younger than I thought. The complaint against the trooper mentioned a business or restaurant in Chili, NY I believe - that was Ferrari Pizza Bar?
Yes the address was for the Pizza Bar… is that the brother’s place? Anyway, my internet sleuthing made me think it was, but didn’t know for sure.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:19 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:12 pm
Yes the address was for the Pizza Bar… is that the brother’s place? Anyway, my internet sleuthing made me think it was, but didn’t know for sure.
From what I understand , yes - the Pizza Bar is the brother's place. I did a little googling and apparently there is more than 1 of them...each one has an actual Ferrari on display hanging from the ceiling lol. It's expensive enough to get a restaurant going (doesn't look like too bad of a place) , then adding a $100K car to the spot as a decoration on top of it is just funny as hell. I'm going to check it out the next time I am up there, assuming it's still open

So rumor is the brother has some stuff going on including a possible bookmaking operation. Wouldn't be surprised if he was loaning money or doing something, sure...but the possibility of a separate bookmaking operation seems kind of crazy . Because I read the wiretap stuff from this main case, and the guy Lou Ferrari (maybe it was one of the runners, I don't remember) was complaining that there really wasn't anyone left they knew of that they could lay bets off on. For something like the Buffalo Bills or any AL East baseball team (baseball seems to be split up there between Italian Yankee fans, Irish Red Sox fans, Toronto because it's the closet team in distance, and Baltimore because they used to have their farm team in Rochester). I'm sure they had a ton of one sided bets for "local" stuff - but if the brother had his own book going on you'd think they'd be bouncing shit off one another. Just a thought. It could all be bullshit and the brother is just a chef with money. Also if there was any violence as was rumored via gossip to me, you'd think the FBI would have picked up on it or they would have turned it into something bigger.

Anyway who knows - definitely going to keep my eye on the news coming out of there
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Former state trooper pleads guilty to tipping off gambling raid target
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 224682007/