Merlino brags about killing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Merlino brags about killing

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

i remember in some article few years ago,,,,some gambinos wanted to do something wit philly and a gambino capo said to the extent..{dont fuck wit dem,,,wildwild west down there
I been taught to listen to what's not said
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

i remember in some article few years ago,,,,some gambinos wanted to do something wit philly and a gambino capo said to the extent..{dont fuck wit dem,,,wildwild west down there
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Cookie D'Urso met with a lot of high level Genovese members as well, Joe Vollaro had access to high level Gambinos, Joe Ligambi met regularly with Monacello, Hector Pagan had access to Badalamenti & Graziano, and Joe Foti looks like he had a big hand in the Lucchese bust. This happens regularly, and has been for decades probably, to think that Merlino is a moron for meeting with Rubeo because he's not made is silly, high level members meet with non-made guys all the time. Parrello & Onofrio likely knew they were big targets and still met with Rubeo, as well as undercover under the guise of an associate. These guys care about thing, money, they don't give a shit who can give it to them, made or not.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 pm Reading it made me think of Chuckie Merlino's drunken antics in "Blood and Honor"... i.e. talking openly about murder, making idle threats, etc.
"Fuck you and him. I'll kill youse both." :lol:
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 am i remember in some article few years ago,,,,some gambinos wanted to do something wit philly and a gambino capo said to the extent..{dont fuck wit dem,,,wildwild west down there
That was Greg DePalma, Jack Garcia mentioned that during his testimony in the Ligambi trial. Anthony Aponick, the Bonanno guy Borgesi became buddies with in prison, was told to be careful because Merlino & Borgesi were "mad hatters".
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Chucky wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am Cookie D'Urso met with a lot of high level Genovese members as well, Joe Vollaro had access to high level Gambinos, Joe Ligambi met regularly with Monacello, Hector Pagan had access to Badalamenti & Graziano, and Joe Foti looks like he had a big hand in the Lucchese bust. This happens regularly, and has been for decades probably, to think that Merlino is a moron for meeting with Rubeo because he's not made is silly, high level members meet with non-made guys all the time. Parrello & Onofrio likely knew they were big targets and still met with Rubeo, as well as undercover under the guise of an associate. These guys care about thing, money, they don't give a shit who can give it to them, made or not.
well put. I think sometimes we put more stock into rank then they do. especially Philly. its so top heavy.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

To be honest, I am kind of puzzled Merlino is still alive and free at the moment. The only bosses similar to him in his way of behavior (being so "flashy for the cameras and advertisement" and being careless), were John Gotti and Joe Colombo, and look how did they end their careers. Merlino must be luckier than even Lucky Luciano to be able to stay both alive and NOT buried under a mountain of life sentences. I think Joe Ligambi is more boss material than Merlino; when they said he was just acting boss while Merlino was still official, I was both puzzled and disappointed. What need do they have for Merlino, when they have Ligambi? I could understand if they just used him as a puppet, like he himself had used Natale in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I understand your point chucky.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Fair enough, Sonny.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

I think most agree ligambi is the man for the bug seat down there but at the same time do you think he wants the job ? He danced with the Feds and won but lost a few years in that process because he had no bail if I'm not mistaken. I'm not a joey hater at all.... I'm not a supporter of anyone at the same time unless they are lining my pockets with money but joey plays how he wants, wrong or right... And he doesn't give a fuck what you, me, or jimmy boompaz thinks about it. So you ain't gotta like him, agree with his lifestyle or things he's done, but you should respect a man who lives live on his terms (knowing and accepting what may come along with it whether it's life imprisonment or death) how many of us can say we do whatever the fuck we want without a care in the world? I think anyone who says they do is lying. So like I said, don't get me fkd up as a fan boy... I'm just blown away by how this guy moves and the way he carries himself while doing it. Obviously he had the rewpct of some big time west side skippers and at the end of the day it was their poor judgement not "the skinny idiot's" that got them jammed up. My two cents.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:25 pm Merlino is a killer. People can call him a midget and a fake all they want....but he has done things nobody on this board has the balls to. Survived many murder attempts and isnt afraid to pull a trigger or take on the feds
Did things that nobody on this board has the "balls" to do? HOPEFULLY, nobody on this board is as fucking stupid as Joey Merlino. He's an idiot. He is nobody to admire and if somebody admires him, I feel bad for them.
Well said, JCB1977. +1
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:23 am

A few points.
Merlino became boss over a shambles of a family on the back of large parts of the family being dismantled from government prosecution.
He has also spent almost half his tenure inside.
I state this as Merlino's ascension and tenure as boss needs some context.
SonnyBlackstein , ..In my opinion Merlinos ascension began when Scarfo JR got shot , Merlinos tenure of official boss began when he was responsible for the second Philly bosses son who got shot,

Merlino being boss in Prison is LCN he was getting out and left the day to day in competent acting hands , Merlino IMO Acting faction boss since 1993 when Stanfa's son got shot ,then official in 1995 when Stanfa went away and Official ever since this is only my opinion , Would like to hear what other posters think on this ,
Last edited by joeycigars on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am I think most agree ligambi is the man for the bug seat down there but at the same time do you think he wants the job ? He danced with the Feds and won but lost a few years in that process because he had no bail if I'm not mistaken. I'm not a joey hater at all.... I'm not a supporter of anyone at the same time unless they are lining my pockets with money but joey plays how he wants, wrong or right... And he doesn't give a fuck what you, me, or jimmy boompaz thinks about it. So you ain't gotta like him, agree with his lifestyle or things he's done, but you should respect a man who lives live on his terms (knowing and accepting what may come along with it whether it's life imprisonment or death) how many of us can say we do whatever the fuck we want without a care in the world? I think anyone who says they do is lying. So like I said, don't get me fkd up as a fan boy... I'm just blown away by how this guy moves and the way he carries himself while doing it. Obviously he had the rewpct of some big time west side skippers and at the end of the day it was their poor judgement not "the skinny idiot's" that got them jammed up. My two cents.
**thumbs up
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Cheech wrote:
BobbyPazzo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am I think most agree ligambi is the man for the bug seat down there but at the same time do you think he wants the job ? He danced with the Feds and won but lost a few years in that process because he had no bail if I'm not mistaken. I'm not a joey hater at all.... I'm not a supporter of anyone at the same time unless they are lining my pockets with money but joey plays how he wants, wrong or right... And he doesn't give a fuck what you, me, or jimmy boompaz thinks about it. So you ain't gotta like him, agree with his lifestyle or things he's done, but you should respect a man who lives live on his terms (knowing and accepting what may come along with it whether it's life imprisonment or death) how many of us can say we do whatever the fuck we want without a care in the world? I think anyone who says they do is lying. So like I said, don't get me fkd up as a fan boy... I'm just blown away by how this guy moves and the way he carries himself while doing it. Obviously he had the rewpct of some big time west side skippers and at the end of the day it was their poor judgement not "the skinny idiot's" that got them jammed up. My two cents.
**thumbs up
I agree with this statement very goood way to put it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Well, if you're a criminal long enough you'll get jammed up sooner or later and one thing for sure, the FBI never goes away.

As far as associates and higher ups....let's not forget about our most famous duo's Paul Vario and Henry Hill lol