Various Articles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Various Articles

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Carlo Gambino´s funeral
Evening_Star_1976-10-19_8.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Interesting that no other representatives from the other NYC families went to Carlo Gambinos funeral. You would have thought some Colombo's and Luccheses would have went seeing as they were close to the Gambinos at this time.
Lou_Para
Straightened out

Post by Lou_Para »

Raven,Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! This stuff is gold. Among a ton of other cool stuff in your posts, I was amazed to learn that Joe Barbara had hosted a meeting in 1956 at his house. My birthday is coming up,and I'm going to ask my girl to buy me a hat so I can tip it to you.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Lou_Para wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:49 pm Raven,Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! This stuff is gold. Among a ton of other cool stuff in your posts, I was amazed to learn that Joe Barbara had hosted a meeting in 1956 at his house. My birthday is coming up,and I'm going to ask my girl to buy me a hat so I can tip it to you.
Are you being sarcastic?
Lou_Para
Straightened out

Post by Lou_Para »

No. Quite the opposite. I had not been aware of much of what was in your posts,and I was truly sincere in my comments. I knew ,of course , about the 1957 Apalachian meeting,but thought it was the only Barbara hosted get-together. The problem with written words as opposed to spoken is that sometimes the lack of inflection can lead to misunderstandings. The comment about the hat was my way of expressing the respect I felt you were due for taking the time and effort to gather and post a very interesting collection of articles that,for the most part,I had never seen before. So please accept my apology for any misunderstanding. I sincerely appreciate the work you did.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

No apology needed. Thanks for appreciating the articles. I have some more that I can post soon.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

FBI doc about pre Apalachin meeting:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I assume the Commission members were afraid of Vito Genovese since he had one boss killed and almost killed his Family's boss. Are we missing something here. Is there any evidence that Giancana gave his Blessing on the Anastasia hit. Didn't the have an argument at a previous Commission meeting. Wasn't Bonnano and Profaci against the hit. Maybe they really supported it since Mangano was supposedly close with them.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

don-shunter wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 am Interesting that no other representatives from the other NYC families went to Carlo Gambinos funeral. You would have thought some Colombo's and Luccheses would have went seeing as they were close to the Gambinos at this time.
Probably they feared the attention from LE and stayed away. However, I think I saw in one documentary Lilo Galante being there.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Lilo going to Carlos funeral after saying he would make him shit in Times Square. Brilliant
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

August 5, 1965. The News will pay $10 for each question accepted for this column.
The Question:
California has enacted a law giving financial aid to victims of crimes of violence and to families of murder victims. Should all states adopt this idea?

Four years later, Vinny Asaro (allegedly) whacked Paul Katz, and he definitely didn't want their family getting any financial aide.

August 21, 1966:
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:45 am August 5, 1965. The News will pay $10 for each question accepted for this column.
The Question:
California has enacted a law giving financial aid to victims of crimes of violence and to families of murder victims. Should all states adopt this idea?

Four years later, Vinny Asaro (allegedly) whacked Paul Katz, and he definitely didn't want their family getting any financial aide.

August 21, 1966:
Do we know anything of Donald Scotto? Asaro’s co-accused. Made, crew, life etc?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:45 am August 5, 1965. The News will pay $10 for each question accepted for this column.
The Question:

August 21, 1966:
Not much. He was a juvenile delinquent who was a member of a multi ethnical youth street gang called "Scorpions" based in Springfield Gardens, right next to the JFK Airport. Perhaps also Asaro had some kind of affiliation to this gang in his teens? Hard to come by any info on Scotto in his later years but he was never made. Not sure how long his relationship with Asaro lasted. He died in Florida 2006.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:23 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 pm
The Question:

August 21, 1966:
Not much. He was a juvenile delinquent who was a member of a multi ethnical youth street gang called "Scorpions" based in Springfield Gardens, right next to the JFK Airport. Perhaps also Asaro had some kind of affiliation to this gang in his teens? Hard to come by any info on Scotto in his later years but he was never made. Not sure how long his relationship with Asaro lasted. He died in Florida 2006.
Great stuff HK. Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Raven wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 am Tony Salerno story
Thanks for posting guy.

You know and not for nothing the whole 'front boss' routine with Fat Tony goes back to this era. When I was coming up in Harlem the neighborhood perceived the guys mentioned in the article (Coppola, Livorsi) and not mentioned (Rao, Ferro, Aquilino, Bisogno) as the 'boss's' in Harlem. Only cause they were the ones out and about on the insular level neighborhood wise, you know? But Tony got the press. And I ain't saying he wasn't nobody or wasn't more influential than those guys. Just that the modicum operandi the West Side is known for was the same back then. And probably even earlier than back then.

Fritzy Deviritch holy fuck! Now that's going back in time. To the stone ages even. Great post! I'm JIGGS.

JIGGS