What if John Gotti was still alive today

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: What if John Gotti was still alive today

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:20 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 pm What was Gotti's exact sentence?
Life without parole
Thanks I didn't know if it was one of those sentences where if he lived to 90 he still had a possibility of getting out. Well I guess it's no Opra show for him. Lol Do you think he would be on Jerry Springer lol
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pete wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:07 pm Would he be out of Marion?
Maybe in a slightly nicer prison, who knows. Certainly wouldn't be on the streets.

Where would he be?
Prison

Would he write a book?
No. First of all, that's a rat move. Even though Joe Bonanno had been retired for something like two decades, his book was still considered a huge slap in face and was actually used as evidence in the Commission case. Also, a lot of Gotti's guys are still on the street and would very well be incriminated by anything he put in his book, unless he decided to write a book about the best ways to cook grilled cheese on a radiator.

Would he sit down with Oprah?
No.
He wouldn't be in Marion. He'd be in Florence super max. They would have never let him go anywhere better
You don't think he could have ended up in Devens or Butner? Vic Orena has, and he got three life sentences plus 85 years apparently. Nicky Scarfo ended up in Butner before he died.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Norman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 pm Would he be out of Marion?
Where would he be?
Would he write a book?
It´s questions like these that made many of us leave GBB a retard site. Get with the program and I´m sure you´ll be alright i don´t mind a joke here and there but this was your first post so you should have expected the reaction you received by Sonny.

"That was a joke.
Evidently, you have no sense of humor.

I'm not some GBB cast off and frankly your tone annoys me.
The more I think about it, the more I'm getting upset.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THIS?
If you were in front of me, I would smash your fucking head off you cocksucker."

And read the forum rules. Posts like this made in this section, could get you banned. If you have a beef with anyone, take it to the graveyard section.

Welcome to the board.
There you have it, never printed before.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

He would be doing his time like a man

The end

Kind Regards

John W
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 pm
Maybe in a slightly nicer prison, who knows. Certainly wouldn't be on the streets.

Where would he be?
Prison

Would he write a book?
No. First of all, that's a rat move. Even though Joe Bonanno had been retired for something like two decades, his book was still considered a huge slap in face and was actually used as evidence in the Commission case. Also, a lot of Gotti's guys are still on the street and would very well be incriminated by anything he put in his book, unless he decided to write a book about the best ways to cook grilled cheese on a radiator.

No.
He wouldn't be in Marion. He'd be in Florence super max. They would have never let him go anywhere better
You don't think he could have ended up in Devens or Butner? Vic Orena has, and he got three life sentences plus 85 years apparently. Nicky Scarfo ended up in Butner before he died.
Scarfo and Orena are different than gotti. They had a huge hard on for gotti. They don't let guys like that off. They currently have joey Lombardo who is 89 in Florence supermax. A weak, sick old man in a wheel chair convicted of 1 murder
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

I could see the hard on for Gotti because he threw it in their face, but why Joey Lombardo? What did he do to draw their ire?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 am

Where would he be?
Prison

Would he write a book?

No.
Scarfo and Orena are different than gotti. They had a huge hard on for gotti. They don't let guys like that off. They currently have joey Lombardo who is 89 in Florence supermax. A weak, sick old man in a wheel chair convicted of 1 murder
That seems to be ridiculous at his age and health. I can see him being there at the beginning of his sentence, but now just over kill. The Clown a real Mafioso that took his punishment and never flipped.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Niagarafalls wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 am I could see the hard on for Gotti because he threw it in their face, but why Joey Lombardo? What did he do to draw their ire?
He was being kept in segregation in butner and sued the government to get out. They responded by sending him to Florence. Same thing for jimmy marcello. The us attorney had him moved to a California prison without approval from the judge and he made a beef and the Feds got chewed out by the judge and had to bring him back to Chicago and they responded by sending him to Florence. Neither of those guys belong there. I'm telling you gotti had no chance of being sent somewhere like butner.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Frank wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am

Where would he be?
Prison

Would he write a book?

No.
That seems to be ridiculous at his age and health. I can see him being there at the beginning of his sentence, but now just over kill. The Clown a real Mafioso that took his punishment and never flipped.
Still overkill to put him there at the beginning of his sentence. That prison was designed for terrorists and guys that killed guards and guys that have escaped or guys like basciano that supposedly try to whack a judge. Not your run of the mill mob guy with a single murder conviction who was a model prisoner
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pete wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm
Frank wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am

Where would he be?
Prison

Would he write a book?

No.
Still overkill to put him there at the beginning of his sentence. That prison was designed for terrorists and guys that killed guards and guys that have escaped or guys like basciano that supposedly try to whack a judge. Not your run of the mill mob guy with a single murder conviction who was a model prisoner
Vinny Basciano, the Voodoo warlock...

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes isn't Marcello there too. If so over kill also
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Rizzuto was in Florence too. Basciano from what minimal info we could get, seemed a model prisoner and was rewarded with the move to beautiful Inez, KY and Big Sandy.

Seems i recall reading Gotti and Gigante were ultimately housed in the same FMC in Springfield..or had Gotti already passed on by then?
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

I agree that Florence is supposed to be for terrorists and the worst of the worst. The Feds just do what they want. I imagine that most mob guys are model citizens in prison. Except for that one dust up with the Albanians seems like they do their time quietly.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Doobeez wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm Rizzuto was in Florence too. Basciano from what minimal info we could get, seemed a model prisoner and was rewarded with the move to beautiful Inez, KY and Big Sandy.

Seems i recall reading Gotti and Gigante were ultimately housed in the same FMC in Springfield..or had Gotti already passed on by then?
Yes apparently Vinny was very well behaved. There are some interesting articles about how he coped in prison by the Daily News and stuff. Seems like a very strong-willed, brave person.

ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Niagarafalls wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:14 pm I agree that Florence is supposed to be for terrorists and the worst of the worst. The Feds just do what they want. I imagine that most mob guys are model citizens in prison. Except for that one dust up with the Albanians seems like they do their time quietly.