Vinnie asaro arrested again

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Re: Vinnie asaro arrested again

Post by willychichi »

Prosecutors seek 15-year sentence for aging ‘Goodfellas’ gangster over road rage hit

An aging “Goodfellas” gangster, acquitted for his alleged role in the infamous $6 million 1978 Lufthansa heist, could still spend the rest of his life behind bars. Brooklyn federal prosecutors want a judge to sentence Vincent Asaro, 82, to 15 years in jail for ordering a hit on the car that cut him off.

Federal guidelines say the auto arson charge merits five or six years in prison. Two years ago, the Bonanno capo scored a stunning acquittal on racketeering charges, and walked out of Brooklyn Federal Court a free man.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.3659804
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

chubby wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:13 am Honestly I don't buy the fact that Johnny gotti was "in the grips of an opiate addiction" while he was pushing 5k blues a month.. he's smiling in the perp walk the morning he got raided. If he was a real junkie he would have looked like complete shit already withdrawing. Just an easy out to claim the addict card whenever you get popped selling drugs. Easiest way to get leniency and court ordered rehab etc...
100% co-signed Chubby..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Reputed ‘Goodfellas’ mobster wants to leave jail to see doctor

https://nypost.com/2017/12/26/reputed-g ... ee-doctor/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

jesus... goes through the fight of his life only to win, and get thrown back in for probably the rest of his life for some penny ante bullshit crime he ordered 5 years ago, due to a bruised ego. thats gotta hurt. call it karma, call it bad luck..lol

that borrello kid did a lot of damage to howard beach as a whole. it looks like he had something on damn near everyone in that neighborhood and not just young punk kids either. i wonder if he was the reason why Gotti's oxy ring was looked at, or if they already had an investigation going. if the oxy that gotti and co. were getting was real, and not fentanyl pressed bullshit, thats serious...you dont see supply like that anymore. im surprised there hasnt been a doctor or two dragged down in that case.

gotti was definitely living a charmed life...driving around SE Queens in a jag or infinity all day selling pills, lifting weights, hanging at the tattoo parlor and piping that hot gf of his. im sure it was good while it lasted
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

another thing i wanted to add:

how broke is/was asaro, really? around the time of his trial a lot of those leaked wires from his cousin had him crying poor. an article in the times talked about how he was barely able to afford a daily coffee at the esquire diner

i just cant believe it. unless i have the crew lineage wrong, his nephew was running probably the most "street active" crew in all of Queens , a crew that he inherited from Asaro himself. So Asaro was just cut out all together? i thought his crew went to his son and later his nephew, unless his nephew's crew was different? either way, talk about a tough break. crying poor and scrounging for gas money when your nephew that you put in the game is living 2 miles down the street from you in a literal castle.

part of me thinks that the whole crying poor bit to his cousin was bullshit and he was playing the part. Asaro seems way too entrenched in that neighborhood to not get anything coming his way from remnants of his own crew. he had enough juice to order a few 20 year old kids to torch a civilians car over, and for, nothing
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm another thing i wanted to add:

how broke is/was asaro, really? around the time of his trial a lot of those leaked wires from his cousin had him crying poor. an article in the times talked about how he was barely able to afford a daily coffee at the esquire diner

i just cant believe it. unless i have the crew lineage wrong, his nephew was running probably the most "street active" crew in all of Queens , a crew that he inherited from Asaro himself. So Asaro was just cut out all together? i thought his crew went to his son and later his nephew, unless his nephew's crew was different? either way, talk about a tough break. crying poor and scrounging for gas money when your nephew that you put in the game is living 2 miles down the street from you in a literal castle.

part of me thinks that the whole crying poor bit to his cousin was bullshit and he was playing the part. Asaro seems way too entrenched in that neighborhood to not get anything coming his way from remnants of his own crew. he had enough juice to order a few 20 year old kids to torch a civilians car over, and for, nothing
which one was the heroin addict? or was that asaros dad?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The "street active" crew you're talking about was not a crew that Giallanzo inherited from Asaro. Giallanzo formed that crew himself when he was still just an associate. After being straightened out in 2000, he was a soldier from 2000-2014. The only made guys in that crew were Mike Padavona (straightened out sometime in the 2000s), Mike Palmaccio (straightened out in 2013), and Nicholas Festa (also straightened out in 2013). Giallanzo inherited Vinny's crew in 2014, after his arrest.
newera_212 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm part of me thinks that the whole crying poor bit to his cousin was bullshit and he was playing the part. Asaro seems way too entrenched in that neighborhood to not get anything coming his way from remnants of his own crew. he had enough juice to order a few 20 year old kids to torch a civilians car over, and for, nothing
Vinny Asaro cried broke before his promotion to capo/ruling panel, from the mid-2000s-2012. Ronnie Giallanzo was just a soldier, and Jerry Asaro was in-and-out of prison, and the two were at odds. Here's what Vinny said about Jerry sometime in the late 2000s;
"Fuck Jerry. Fuck him in his ass. Fucking Jerry is for Jerry. Jerry's for Jerry. I lost my son. I lost my son when I made him a skipper. I lost my son when I put him there. Jerry's for Jerry. Fucking greedy cocksucker. Greedy cocksucker. Got him a job. $600 a fucking week, he was sending your son (Anthony 'Fat Sammy' Valenti) to do everything. He didn’t do a fucking thing… (inaudible) the last fucking person in the world (inaudible). I lost my son when I made him as acting skipper."
Here's another quote:
"My son's a real scumbag," he said. "Not a fucking penny, not a fucking dime. He broke my fucking heart." Vinny claimed Jerry had put him on a "pay me no mind list."
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:01 pm

which one was the heroin addict? or was that asaros dad?
It was Vinny Asaro. He was a junkie in the 1960s until going cold turkey and beating it. Then his addition switched to gambling. Also it appears that Jerry Asaro (Vinny's son, not his father), also used heroin in his youth.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Vincent asaro gets 8 years

Post by Hailbritain »

Not a chance they were gonna be lenient

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/nyre ... tence.html
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Re: Vincent asaro gets 8 years

Post by Teddy Persico »

As for Mr. Asaro, he remained stoic through the proceeding.

“I don’t care what happens to me,” he told Judge Ross. “What you sentenced me to is a life sentence.”
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

he was probably doing the best dope there was getn it from the zips
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

well.... 8 is really 6 1/2.... its not that bad.... he could make it
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

It may not seem like much to pick up 8 years, but by his age (82 years) not good, as he himself said is a "life sentence"