Gangland news 14th December 2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Camo
Straightened out

Re: Gangland news 14th December 2017

Post by Camo »

Anyway think i'll go back into the shadows, i don't have much to contribute anyway :lol: . I didn't mean to kick anything off and i should have known that Crea is a controversial topic have just been weirded out by the treatment of him in the past, same as John Gambino.

Thanks for the great information guys :)
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

FWIW, id say it is deffinately better after 93 just on the fact the admin wasnt killing there own fam at that time
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Camo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:14 am Anyway think i'll go back into the shadows, i don't have much to contribute anyway :lol: . I didn't mean to kick anything off and i should have known that Crea is a controversial topic have just been weirded out by the treatment of him in the past, same as John Gambino.

Thanks for the great information guys :)
Lol! Don´t go back into the shadows. I like your posts and your question about Crea is a total legit one.

And the common interest in John Gambino on these forums has made him, because of poster spin offs I believe, almost a legend. I asked once what´s so special about him but nobody could answer. He´s the talk of the day I guess.
There you have it, never printed before.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Camo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:23 pm Crea kinda sounds like an idiot. Weird that there's been a cult built around him on these forums.
Why does he sound like an idiot?

The respect given to him is due as he was predominantly responsible for the successful rebuilding of the clan post its decimation by Casso/Amuso.
He’s also incredibly financially successful and a tough, standup guy.

All in all you’d have trouble penning a better monster. Hence the following.
You just said he'll flip to save his son....how is that standup?

That ain't gonna happen
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Camo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am Pogo has pointed out cults forming around other members before, i think there was one for John Gambino before his death. There's definitely a weird one for Crea here.

Yeah, You can add Nick Corozzo, Joe Massino and Joe Ligambi to those who had a cult.

And your right. Crea is overrated. His entire reign at the top combined was less than 5 years (probably less) or so and he didn't do any more time than any other regular member has done. You are also right that there is no evidence of the family "rebuilding". The Lucchese family was weaker in 2000 than they were in 1990. Same for the present day.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Camo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am Also there's definitely a weird Crea cult here. I remember Cheech pointed out that every argument against Pizzaboy/East Bronx was due to GBB people taking things he said too seriously or too far. I think that's what has happened with Crea as all the people who quickly say he is the boss and he is standup or whatever are people like me who have no idea, Cheech who talks to PB has said he trusts him but he himself has no clue and is open to the possibillity that EB/PB is wrong/mistaken/whatever. The GBB members here not naming names are the ones absolutely positive that Crea is boss because he's *whatever PB/EB said out of context*.

Pogo has pointed out cults forming around other members before, i think there was one for John Gambino before his death. There's definitely a weird one for Crea here.

Dead on
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

[
Last edited by joeycigars on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:32 pm personally I think Crea Snr is a huge favourite to flip. He has a chance to ‘save’ his sons life.
What father would throw their sons life away if they could save it. Doesn’t make sense to me. Cold man to do so.
Dom Cirrilo according to some on here
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Camo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am Also there's definitely a weird Crea cult here.
This is a Mob forum its a weird cult by definition ,And way to many schism cults here to list , But I never saw a weird Crea cult could you post a link please Camo, I like Crea and hope he makes it out someway or rats and writes a book ,
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:18 am
Camo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am Pogo has pointed out cults forming around other members before, i think there was one for John Gambino before his death. There's definitely a weird one for Crea here.

Yeah, You can add Nick Corozzo, Joe Massino and Joe Ligambi to those who had a cult.

And your right. Crea is overrated. His entire reign at the top combined was less than 5 years (probably less) or so and he didn't do any more time than any other regular member has done. You are also right that there is no evidence of the family "rebuilding". The Lucchese family was weaker in 2000 than they were in 1990. Same for the present day.

Pogo
I think there's definitely some truth to the cult thing. With all due respect to PB, I think at least some of the "Crea cult" stemmed from him. Being from the Bronx himself, PB tended to be a little Bronx-centric at times regarding the mob guys there, including Crea. It's what he knew and talked about most and, since PB always had a fairly big following on the boards, Crea (and the Bronx faction of the family) may have become a little overblown in people's minds. And that's not taking anything away from Crea who has been one of the top guys in the Lucchese family for over 20 years now. Capeci has also talked about Crea, his status in the family, and his involvement in the construction rackets.

But I think my bigger disagreement comes with the view many on the boards have had for a while now where they sort of categorize the Luccheses along with the Genovese and Gambinos (referring to them as "the three stronger families" or something like that). If you're ranking them #1-5, the Luccheses would probably be #3 but there's a big drop off between them and #2 and, in both size and scope of activity, they are more comparable to the other two smaller NY families (Colombos and Bonannos) then the two larger families.

As far as them (as well as the other families) rebuilding, while I don't think that should be taken too far, fairly recently the feds said the NY families have gotten to the point where they are stronger than they have been in years. In my opinion, that could be the case if we're talking about compared to the early 2000s forward, ie after the big hits they took in the 1980s and 1990s but before resources begun to go towards other things. But none of the families are as strong as they were in the 1990s or before.
All roads lead to New York.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

How much time has Crea spent in prison? Unless I am thinking of someone else, it has not been a ton of time.

And he is a millionaire many times over due to construction and not BS rackets like drugs
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Nice read. Thanks for the article, HB.

Solid post, Wiseguy.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 am
Camo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:23 pm Crea kinda sounds like an idiot. Weird that there's been a cult built around him on these forums.

The respect given to him is due as he was predominantly responsible for the successful rebuilding of the clan post its decimation by Casso/Amuso.

That ain't gonna happen
Just had to reply to this post. Tommy all due respect, you’re a good poster but this post is just fucking daft.
What I think I poster may or may not do, again, clearly expressed as my opinion, has zero fucking effect on whether or not the guy is standup. Crea has been a standup mobster in every sense of the word to date.
Whether I think he’ll flip is fucking irrelevant.

And you signing off saying ‘that ain’t gonna happen’ is even more daft because you have zero fucking clue what the guy is thinking. And he has SERIOUS motivation to flip; his life, AND his sons. So saying a definitive about the situation, is a little ridiculous.

@ Pogo and Camo and whoever; if you guys think the period 86-93 with Vic and Casso on the street was better for the Luke’s than Crea’s ‘tenure’ of 93-00. Then I don’t know what to tell you. We read things very differently.

And to address the ‘Crea cult’, again, the guy has been in the admin of one of the 5 for 25years, legitimate tough guy, standup and a very successful, true, racketeer.
There are, in this day and age, very few who fulfill those parameters, so an interest in the guy is not for zero reason.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Neil Migliore is the true power in the family. Much like Gigante was in the 80s.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 am

That ain't gonna happen
Just had to reply to this post. Tommy all due respect, you’re a good poster but this post is just fucking daft.
What I think I poster may or may not do, again, clearly expressed as my opinion, has zero fucking effect on whether or not the guy is standup. Crea has been a standup mobster in every sense of the word to date.
Whether I think he’ll flip is fucking irrelevant.

And you signing off saying ‘that ain’t gonna happen’ is even more daft because you have zero fucking clue what the guy is thinking. And he has SERIOUS motivation to flip; his life, AND his sons. So saying a definitive about the situation, is a little ridiculous.

@ Pogo and Camo and whoever; if you guys think the period 86-93 with Vic and Casso on the street was better for the Luke’s than Crea’s ‘tenure’ of 93-00. Then I don’t know what to tell you. We read things very differently.

And to address the ‘Crea cult’, again, the guy has been in the admin of one of the 5 for 25years, legitimate tough guy, standup and a very successful, true, racketeer.
There are, in this day and age, very few who fulfill those parameters, so an interest in the guy is not for zero reason.
Look how you throw the toys out the pram :lol:

Saying yo'u'd be shocked if 'A stand up guy in every sense of the word' as you put it will flip is hilarious It's the opposite