New Orleans Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: New Orleans Family

Post by sdeitche »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:55 pm For more information on photos and how they can be used here's a page that explains everything:
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/copy ... ne-images/
That was actually very helpful.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

sdeitche wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:23 am
Chris Christie wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:55 pm For more information on photos and how they can be used here's a page that explains everything:
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/copy ... ne-images/
That was actually very helpful.
Social media has upended everything, copyright issues being one of them. On one hand you automatically own everything you create, on the other hand others are allowed to use your work in their own work under Fair Use. That above page's intended audience is for those on the sharer's end, not the providers, so depending on which side you are you're either saying great or you're gritting your teeth and the unfairness of it. I've been on both sides of the fence so I sympathize.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

This link discusses the use of licensed photographs: https://deathtothestockphoto.com/wp-con ... icense.pdf

This link gives a general explanation about rights and licenses: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/design/yo ... -licenses/
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Can we do a redo on this thread? Instead of Nola family history we got an argument over picture rights... This thread had promise in an interesting topic.
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Kash wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 pm Can we do a redo on this thread? Instead of Nola family history we got an argument over picture rights... This thread had promise in an interesting topic.
I second this.
ledblimp
Straightened out

Post by ledblimp »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 am Ledblimp this is a little bit off topic but have you ever came across any document regarding Marcellos and Giancanas one time conflict or dissagrement over something? Right now I cant find it since im not at home. The two families were very closely connected in the gambling and vending machine business, but above all narcotics

Sorry, no. I've seen some general references to Chicago but not much in a specific way. Have seen some info on the KC Family trying to encroach on NOLA at one point but it's not a subject I've had time yet to dig into. There was one NOLA guy who supposedly had good ties to Chicago but can't recall who offhand. I do think a guy named Felix Bonura (no relation to the Bonura bros AFAIK) had some ties to Chicago but he was only connected as far as I know. He had some shady things going on but was a big part of the Jefferson Downs race track when it opened up.

At work but I'll double check this weekend sometime and let you know. Whenever you make it back home if you could pass any info you have my way I'd appreciate it.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

ledblimp wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 am
Villain wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 am Ledblimp this is a little bit off topic but have you ever came across any document regarding Marcellos and Giancanas one time conflict or dissagrement over something? Right now I cant find it since im not at home. The two families were very closely connected in the gambling and vending machine business, but above all narcotics

Sorry, no. I've seen some general references to Chicago but not much in a specific way. Have seen some info on the KC Family trying to encroach on NOLA at one point but it's not a subject I've had time yet to dig into. There was one NOLA guy who supposedly had good ties to Chicago but can't recall who offhand. I do think a guy named Felix Bonura (no relation to the Bonura bros AFAIK) had some ties to Chicago but he was only connected as far as I know. He had some shady things going on but was a big part of the Jefferson Downs race track when it opened up.

At work but I'll double check this weekend sometime and let you know. Whenever you make it back home if you could pass any info you have my way I'd appreciate it.
Here's the doc...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... a_marcello

...and another connection...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... ans%20wire

..and I dont believe that this one has anything to do with the New Orleans fam...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20orleans
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
ledblimp
Straightened out

Post by ledblimp »

Thanks. No, that's all new to me. I'll ask someone who may know something this weekend. Interesting though. Just before La Stella too.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

ledblimp wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 pm Thanks. No, that's all new to me. I'll ask someone who may know something this weekend. Interesting though. Just before La Stella too.
Youre welcome and thank you also
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I have another question for anyone around here and that is...was Dallas an open territory or what? In the old days I used to read that Marcello's people were running things over there but in some of my research i came upon many infos regarding Chicago's influence in that same area since the 1940's, especially in the gambling and vending machine schemes. I think that even New York had their own people down there but I might be wrong.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The informant must of had his names mixed up because James or Jimmy Emery was a Capo in Chicago Outfit that died in 1957 and succeeded by Frank Laporte. I think he had a brother that used the name Emery .
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm I have another question for anyone around here and that is...was Dallas an open territory or what? In the old days I used to read that Marcello's people were running things over there but in some of my research i came upon many infos regarding Chicago's influence in that same area since the 1940's, especially in the gambling and vending machine schemes. I think that even New York had their own people down there but I might be wrong.
Chicago either worked with the Dallas Family or would have kicked up to them. The Marcellos had a close relationship with Dallas, but don't think Dallas was under New Orleans's authority as some sources claim. Los Angeles was also close to the Dallas Family.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm I have another question for anyone around here and that is...was Dallas an open territory or what? In the old days I used to read that Marcello's people were running things over there but in some of my research i came upon many infos regarding Chicago's influence in that same area since the 1940's, especially in the gambling and vending machine schemes. I think that even New York had their own people down there but I might be wrong.
Chicago either worked with the Dallas Family or would have kicked up to them. The Marcellos had a close relationship with Dallas, but don't think Dallas was under New Orleans's authority as some sources claim. Los Angeles was also close to the Dallas Family.
Thanks for the info Antiliar. Off the top.of my head i think that Marcus Lipsky allegedly was one of the first Chicago guys over there unless you have some other info. During the 1930's he was mostly in Chicago since he and Ross Prio were involved in semi-legit opertions but during the next decade some reports say that he was in Dallas "taking care of Chicago's share". In 1945 i think that Dave Yaras' brother, Sam also took for Dallas regarding the same reason. Years later during the JFK murder investigations, Dave explanied Sam's departure to Dallas because of an alleged conflict between the two brothers which was obviously a lie. Sam died in 1956 i think, which was one of the reasons for Dave's return to Chicago from Cuba. I also believe in your statement that it is quite possible that at one time the Chicago boys kicked up to someone over there but I also remember reading somewhere that during Giancana's reign, some people from that same area owed money to him, which in fact was one quite usual situation during that time. It was like everybody owed money to Giancana or the feds really hated him and wrote whatever they liked in their reports lol

In addition, when i was working on my food article, i noticed one John Ingraffia who worked with Prio and Lipsky and i wonder if he is related with todays Tony Ingraffia...but this is off topic
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Butch Blasi and Romie Nappi were sent down there at some point in the fifties by the Outfit but they were arrested and booted out of the city.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm Butch Blasi and Romie Nappi were sent down there at some point in the fifties by the Outfit but they were arrested and booted out of the city.
Also the Mannos were over there at one point i think