Who killed anthony caponigro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Who killed anthony caponigro

Post by Hailbritain »

I know some say that he was murdered by john digilio' crew and cafaro stated in his testimony that it was members of baldy dom canterino's crew , I was wondering which actual guys carried out the murder ?? Who in canterino's crew could have done it ??
castellano63
Prospect

Re: Who killed anthony caponigro

Post by castellano63 »

Hailbritain wrote:I know some say that he was murdered by john digilio' crew and cafaro stated in his testimony that it was members of baldy dom canterino's crew , I was wondering which actual guys carried out the murder ?? Who in canterino's crew could have done it ??
WHO CARES....THINK ABOUT IT!!!
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I care that's why I'm askin
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Hailbritain wrote:I know some say that he was murdered by john digilio' crew and cafaro stated in his testimony that it was members of baldy dom canterino's crew , I was wondering which actual guys carried out the murder ?? Who in canterino's crew could have done it ??
I doubt John Digilio crew has anything to do with it. They were a NJ crew. John Digilio is rumored to have killed everyone from Tony Cap to Hoffa. Its horseshit. I would go with Baldy Dom's crew. Baldy was close with Chin and therefore Chin would have trusted him with a Commission hit like that. DiGilio was not close to Chin like Dom was. I would go with what Cafaro says.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

See my "Rise and Demise of Tony Caponigro" topic for more info on the circumstances of his death.

As for the specifics of his murder, informants have said that Chin Gigante was responsible for supervising murders that resulted from rule infractions. One report said that two heroin dealers were murdered by Gigante's people, for example. It would make sense then for him to supervise the murder of someone who killed a boss and with Cafaro testifying that Canterino's crew handled it, it's clear that Gigante had his hands in it.

I don't think anyone knows who the specific hitters were, but if there was anyone in that crew known for being especially brutal, I'd assume it was them. It also sounds like it was multiple people who took part in the violence. Caponigro and Salerno were beaten, tortured, stabbed, shot, and then had their bodies humiliated. They are among the most brutal mob murders I've heard of.

As for DiGiglio, the reason his name comes up is because his body was found in a bodybag traced to the same place as the bodybag Caponigro was found in.
JBELL
Straightened out

Post by JBELL »

B. wrote:See my "Rise and Demise of Tony Caponigro" topic for more info on the circumstances of his death.

As for the specifics of his murder, informants have said that Chin Gigante was responsible for supervising murders that resulted from rule infractions. One report said that two heroin dealers were murdered by Gigante's people, for example. It would make sense then for him to supervise the murder of someone who killed a boss and with Cafaro testifying that Canterino's crew handled it, it's clear that Gigante had his hands in it.

I don't think anyone knows who the specific hitters were, but if there was anyone in that crew known for being especially brutal, I'd assume it was them. It also sounds like it was multiple people who took part in the violence. Caponigro and Salerno were beaten, tortured, stabbed, shot, and then had their bodies humiliated. They are among the most brutal mob murders I've heard of.

As for DiGiglio, the reason his name comes up is because his body was found in a bodybag traced to the same place as the bodybag Caponigro was found in.
What do you mean same type of bodybag? It seems as time goes little bits of info come out on this murder but it happen so long ago I bet anyone directly or indirectly involved is probably dead
Double Standards Speak Volumes Merry Christmas to all the hypocrites !!!
Winter is coming...
You said lol,"Only little girls say "lol" " - Ed Scarpo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JBELL wrote:
B. wrote:See my "Rise and Demise of Tony Caponigro" topic for more info on the circumstances of his death.

What do you mean same type of bodybag? It seems as time goes little bits of info come out on this murder but it happen so long ago I bet anyone directly or indirectly involved is probably dead
I believe they traced both bodybags to the same source. Not sure if it was a funeral home, manufacturer, or what.