Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Huge gambling bust in Rochester

Post by Tonyd621 »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:15 pm Former state trooper pleads guilty to tipping off gambling raid target
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 224682007/
You think they would completely stop after this. Like somehow deleting your history/cookies is somehow going to thwart the investigation. LE had an undercover for months and he was dealing with one of the Ferraris right off the rip. They made good money but don't see too bright. The time frame of when the cop told them this matters. If the cop told them right when the investigation began they could of mitigated the damage. Instead it seems he deleted his history and that's it.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Gambling ring investigation yields vast amount of evidence; defense requests 'mega-case' status
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Gary Craig

See: https://news.yahoo.com/alleged-gambling ... ERdi3ecy5g
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Letters to court by Loewke's superiors...

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:45 am Letters to court by Loewke's superiors...

What does this letter mean?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:23 am
NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:45 am Letters to court by Loewke's superiors...

What does this letter mean?
Just trying to make themselves look good. Angle suspicions away from their ranks after this bust. Both are corrupt though currently in many different ways.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

State Police and RPD are supporting the government's sentencing request for this plea deal. RPD is specifically distancing itself from their officers who have written letters asking for leniency in sentencing.

...I agree with NYEmpire that these agencies are "mitigating damage/suspicions" ...IMHO seems to be a good amount of corruption in both organizations... Court filing in Gerace case indicate other LE organizations /judiciary/and legal community have been corrupted in Buffalo area... likely all WNY.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 am State Police and RPD are supporting the government's sentencing request for this plea deal. RPD is specifically distancing itself from their officers who have written letters asking for leniency in sentencing.

...I agree with NYEmpire that these agencies are "mitigating damage/suspicions" ...IMHO seems to be a good amount of corruption in both organizations... Court filing in Gerace case indicate other LE organizations /judiciary/and legal community have been corrupted in Buffalo area... likely all WNY.
Black officers in Rochester are notorious for robbing drug dealers on the East and West sides since at least the 90s
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

These letters are a bit different from the Dan Derenda's letter that he wrote on behalf of Gerace's his sentencing in his felony conviction.

Derenda was Deputy Commissioner for the Buffalo Police Department at the time. US Attorney Bruce had the following to say about this letter when the Buffalo new turned it up a year or two ago:
The News also raised the question with retired federal prosecutor Anthony M. Bruce, who brought the case against Gerace and a co-defendant.

“The only thing I see as inappropriate is that the letter identifies him as a police officer,” Bruce said. “Other than that, I have no problem with him or his wife writing a letter to support a family friend.”

As a criminal prosecutor specializing in organized crime cases for 38 years, Bruce said he read letters of support for convicted criminals written by people from many different walks of life.

He added that Derenda’s letter was the only one he ever recalls being written by a police officer in active service.
My question is, "What changed?" Police officers didn't write letters? Now all of a sudden the court get so many letters from RPD officers that RPD has to clarify their position?

...Of course Loewke was an RPD officer and Gerace was not, so maybe that is the difference. Still, seems inappropriate to me and makes me wonder if this type of letter from officers is more prevalent than Bruce led us to believe.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 am These letters are a bit different from the Dan Derenda's letter that he wrote on behalf of Gerace's his sentencing in his felony conviction.

Derenda was Deputy Commissioner for the Buffalo Police Department at the time. US Attorney Bruce had the following to say about this letter when the Buffalo new turned it up a year or two ago:
The News also raised the question with retired federal prosecutor Anthony M. Bruce, who brought the case against Gerace and a co-defendant.

“The only thing I see as inappropriate is that the letter identifies him as a police officer,” Bruce said. “Other than that, I have no problem with him or his wife writing a letter to support a family friend.”

As a criminal prosecutor specializing in organized crime cases for 38 years, Bruce said he read letters of support for convicted criminals written by people from many different walks of life.

He added that Derenda’s letter was the only one he ever recalls being written by a police officer in active service.
My question is, "What changed?" Police officers didn't write letters? Now all of a sudden the court get so many letters from RPD officers that RPD has to clarify their position?

...Of course Loewke was an RPD officer and Gerace was not, so maybe that is the difference. Still, seems inappropriate to me and makes me wonder if this type of letter from officers is more prevalent than Bruce led us to believe.
Its just the respective departments/forces trying to save face at the top. Political posturing.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:36 pm Not saying this recent Rochester bust is Buffalo related, but in 2006 Lou Turchiarelli and Cimento of Buffalo were arrested with Joe Bianchi of of Rochester for extortionately trying g to collect gambling debts for bookies. Lou is believed to be the ex-boxer mentioned in the Anthony Gerace plea aggreement that also speaks to evidence of a gambling operation. Correct me if I’m wrong but Bianchi is a name associated at least in the lower tier of Rochester LCN back in the day.

Turchiarelli, Cimato and Joseph Bianchi, 32, of Rochester, are accused of trying to collect thousands of dollars from a Rochester man who owed money to bookies. FBI agents arrested the three defendants when they allegedly met the man at a parking lot.

If Buffalo is alive did they have action going on in Rochester in the mid 2000’s. And if they did could they today?
Although this could still be Lou that was connected to Gerace ... right now it looks more likely that the ex-boxer was Joe Mesi. See: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/crime ... dbc6fdf92d