General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ivan »

funkster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:05 pm Snakes I didn't even know this stabbing had happened, thanks for the info. Reading about it now.
When that shit went down, unsurprisingly, all the stories said the employees and owners weren't cooperating with authorities. Obiviously it wasn't outfit related, but guess the we "dont talk" held in this situation.
Cool shit, thanks for the info. I gotta get back to Chicago soon. Haven't been there since 2016.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Snakes wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:56 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:22 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:16 pm I mean, i am not a tourist i live in the city and have spent plenty of bored days driving past active social clubs to see if anything is going on lol
I probably would too if I lived in Chicago. Hell I already admitted to being guilty of this myself in Buffalo. :D

I might check out Capri as a bucket list type thing if I'm ever in Chicago again. I won't approach anyone though haha.

You ever check out Richard's Bar? Apparently something like an HQ for Vena. Have heard of hipsters going there for an "authentic dive bar experience." :|
Patrick or Funk can confirm, but I don't think anyone hangs out at Richard's anymore, especially after that stabbing. I think they caught Bobby Dominick on camera a few years ago in front of it, but he "owns" the building (his sister does on paper) so that's not too surprising.
Bobby Dominic is at Richard’s everyday I walk past, I work right around there so it’s at least 5 days a week. They put cones on his spot so he can illegally park. I’ve never seen anyone of note at Richard’s, but I’ve seen a couple of people at La Scarola that are well known here. Richard’s basically said fuck you to lockdown, so Bobby Dominic has definitely got some pull somewhere in the city.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 am The BHF is now open to guests. Anyone can come on here. I’m personally not keen to have guys’ names connected to allegations of serious criminal activity when there is nothing to substantiate this in the public record. It’s different when we’re discussing the criminal background of guys like Carparelli, Rainone, Guarino, etc., as those things are a matter of public record. But IMO it’s kind of crossing the line when it comes to unfounded allegations of guys using a successful and popular legit business for ongoing, serious, criminal activity.
I was just joking about Cicero guys, not the video production people. Sorry, trying to get the post deleted now.
It’s all good, bro. Just wanted to point out that the forum is now open to guests and discussions here aren’t private. I am personally not thrilled about that, but that’s how it is now. Even the “Cicero guys”, though, there is no confirmation in the public record that these guys are involved in specific criminal activities today, or that they are made LCN members. Some of the allegations circling could be mistaken, some could be rumors spread out of spite due to personal beefs, etc. Some could even be disinfo. Once something gets repeated a couple of times it becomes like a “fact”, and we have to keep in mind that anyone on the internet can say anything, which could be wrong or even purposefully misleading. As the programmers say, “garbage in, garbage out”.
Agree on this. I think there’s some people that you know and I know are connected, but if they haven’t been charged with a crime then it’s not fair to put people on blast on hearsay and neighborhood bullshit. There was a pretty big prostitution bust in Bridgeport 4/14/24 that my ma told me about that some two guys I know from the neighborhood got busted in. If there’s ever a news story about it (ha!) I will post it. It happened right off Ashland and Archer so a quick google search and you can probably guess which business it is…. Surprised more of the rub and tug places on Grand Avenue haven’t been raided…. Bobby Bellevia used to be in Bella Notte every time we ordered out.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am I checked the search and this has been posted before it looks like, but it was new to me so I'm reposting it in case anyone missed it. It's a delightful Louis Rainone TV commercial, made by some production company called (groan) "Mobbed Up Records". Real subtle, Louie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GChtxtWbRic
“Mobbed Up” has been around for some time now. Owned by Gino Gallela, a Cicero guy who I believe also owns a cleaning company. They have a recording studio, they put out mixtapes of local rappers, and host/promote various events in the ‘burbs (hip hop, fights, comedy shows, etc). Joey Guarino, another 12th St Player who has been *alleged* to be a made guy, is tight with Gallela, supposedly.
Guarino sounds like a serious motherfucker. Any idea how much time he did for this?

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-7t ... 78847.html
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

chicagodog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:03 pm Richard’s basically said fuck you to lockdown, so Bobby Dominic has definitely got some pull somewhere in the city.
The matter of smoking in Chicago has its own glorious Wikipedia page and unless I'm misreading this or the info is bad the smoking in Richards that random internet reviewers seem to love is in fact illegal and has been in bars since 2008. If they're flouting this and getting away with it, do you suppose it's because of Dominic's clout?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Chicago

If they don't give a shit about smoking bans in turbo-progressive cities then yeah it's no surprise that they didn't give a shit about the SARS-CoV-2 lockdowns.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:28 pm
chicagodog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 am Used to the Bridgeport social clubs where if you even stop by and tie your shoe someone’s coming out and telling you to move along.
You have to wonder if there are any dopey mob fanboy tourists who actually go to where those clubs are, snoop around in the area, and get chased by the guys in the clubs, providing said tourists with a fun story for the folks back in Iowa. There might be at least some. Used to happen to the Ravenite a lot when Gotti got famous, though that's an extreme case of mobster celebrity. Probably a fair few haunting Capri Ristorante.

(Full disclosure: I myself inflicted this on Joe Todaro Jr. years ago, so I can't really talk shit. :lol:)
I honestly don’t think so. I think most people think the Mafia in Chicago isn’t relevant. I think most Chicagoans walk into a place like Richard’s, the gas station on Grand and Ashland, Capri, Imperial Hardware, etc etc see that something you can’t quite put your finger on is out of place and they instantly say “this place is mobbed up”. I feel like Chicago local news is dead with the Trib being on its last legs, the Sun always and forever being shit and the general fear mongering of “other” crime done by the nightly news no one could probably even name one Outfit member outside of Joe Lombardo/Anthony Spilotro and he’s been dead 5 years. I think fanboys flock to the gangster tours that show you the brand new building that they put up at the four deuces on Wabash and shit like that. I mean look at the yelp reviews for Frank Calabrese Jr bogus ass tour.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/family-secrets-tour-chicago
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:27 pm
chicagodog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:03 pm Richard’s basically said fuck you to lockdown, so Bobby Dominic has definitely got some pull somewhere in the city.
The matter of smoking in Chicago has its own glorious Wikipedia page and unless I'm misreading this or the info is bad the smoking in Richards that random internet reviewers seem to love is in fact illegal and has been in bars since 2008. If they're flouting this and getting away with it, do you suppose it's because of Dominic's clout?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Chicago

If they don't give a shit about smoking bans in turbo-progressive cities then yeah it's no surprise that they didn't give a shit about the SARS-CoV-2 lockdowns.
I mean it’s the only bar in Chicago that allows smoking in it and everyone knows and no one does anything about it, so yeah I think Dominic has some clout. They were busting bars and restaurants left in right during Covid for operating under lockdown and I believe Dominic’s sister was interviewed and she basically said we won’t comply with the cities ordinance and the city didn’t do shit about it. This was also during the time that Lori Lightfoot would have picked a fight with a child, and she didn’t do anything about it. I believe the stabbing took place during lockdown, don’t quote me on that timeline but if I remember right it was on lock down or under the rules imposed during that period. Again, usually if something like that happens at a bar or restaurant in the city the place gets shut down either for a couple of days or sometimes permanently (this happens quite a bit in the River North section that houses a lot of nightclubs). Again, nothing happened. When James Weiss called Frank Schweihs (who I believe was on the lam, again he knew about the FS indictments before.. make your own conclusion on that) about some Russians causing him issues. Schweihs put him in contact with Dominic and it sounds like he squashed it and Weiss didn’t have anymore issues with the Russians. I’m rambling a bit, but I guess my point is that Bobby Dominic either is a) the luckiest motherfucker alive B) has the best lawyers ever for a SRO and bar owner or c) knows people in high places.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Some of this was in Scott’s reporting, but a couple years ago there were constant rumors and chatter about the feds really going after Vena and the grand Avenue crew. As we all know, they were able to get some key members with operation crew, cut, and the Chucky Russell thing, but Vena was left unscathed. Many of those reports alluded to the fact that the Grand Avenue crew was heavily involved with the Chicago police department and local politicians. It makes sense that Bobby Dominic doesn’t have to follow Covid or smoking protocols.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:05 am Some of this was in Scott’s reporting, but a couple years ago there were constant rumors and chatter about the feds really going after Vena and the grand Avenue crew. As we all know, they were able to get some key members with operation crew, cut, and the Chucky Russell thing, but Vena was left unscathed. Many of those reports alluded to the fact that the Grand Avenue crew was heavily involved with the Chicago police department and local politicians. It makes sense that Bobby Dominic doesn’t have to follow Covid or smoking protocols.
Chicago law is that you can only fine an establishment 3 times a month for smoking. The fines are a couple hundred bucks. Not sure if Richard’s gets fined but they make enough money there where it doesn’t matter. Dominic is an ex cop himself. I really think he is more important in the Outfit then people think. He might be the last of the guys with the old 1st Ward connections. Grand Ave crew was somewhat decimated in the last decade despite them not getting the top guys. Russell and the PK gang arrests basically took out their top street guys that were making money.
Cosmik_Debris
Associate

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

I used to walk past Richards every day on my commute to work. I've tied one on with Bobby numerous times and he's always been a super nice guy. I've never mentioned the mob or anything like that, but he's bought me countless drinks over the years and always been super friendly.

I worked in politics/government in those days and he would always try to get my business card or ask questions pertaining to my employment, but I would always play coy and change the subject as quick as possible.

This is a good article, for anyone who's never seen it that kind of explains his pull in the area. https://chicago.suntimes.com/2015/10/10 ... and-an-sro
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:36 am
Coloboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:05 am Some of this was in Scott’s reporting, but a couple years ago there were constant rumors and chatter about the feds really going after Vena and the grand Avenue crew. As we all know, they were able to get some key members with operation crew, cut, and the Chucky Russell thing, but Vena was left unscathed. Many of those reports alluded to the fact that the Grand Avenue crew was heavily involved with the Chicago police department and local politicians. It makes sense that Bobby Dominic doesn’t have to follow Covid or smoking protocols.
Chicago law is that you can only fine an establishment 3 times a month for smoking. The fines are a couple hundred bucks. Not sure if Richard’s gets fined but they make enough money there where it doesn’t matter. Dominic is an ex cop himself. I really think he is more important in the Outfit then people think. He might be the last of the guys with the old 1st Ward connections. Grand Ave crew was somewhat decimated in the last decade despite them not getting the top guys. Russell and the PK gang arrests basically took out their top street guys that were making money.
The Caruso family is the old first ward. The Caruso’s are long established in the chicago upper echelon, they grew up with the Daly kids. Frank the Third won’t be able to continue that as what he did in his teens will never ever be able to be looked past. However, they’re are cousins and kids who are like family that will continue that old first ward legacy. A rather large trucking family from the neighborhood comes to mind…. I don’t know if Chrissy Spina is a real street guy, but fuck he’s gotta own at least 3-5 million in real estate in the neighborhood. I get super confused on the Cozzo family and whose a son and whose a cousin, but I believe one of Jimmy’s sons was a cop. The son who lives in the compound and a brother in law who live in the compound are supposedly in the life. They’re always, and I mean always at Salerno’s or at Imperial Hardeare talking to Joe and his gang of misfits.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Cosmik_Debris wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:37 am I used to walk past Richards every day on my commute to work. I've tied one on with Bobby numerous times and he's always been a super nice guy. I've never mentioned the mob or anything like that, but he's bought me countless drinks over the years and always been super friendly.

I worked in politics/government in those days and he would always try to get my business card or ask questions pertaining to my employment, but I would always play coy and change the subject as quick as possible.

This is a good article, for anyone who's never seen it that kind of explains his pull in the area. https://chicago.suntimes.com/2015/10/10 ... and-an-sro
I walk past with my kids, who have very very Italian names, and Bobby always says hi and runs into Richard’s and gives them lollipops, so I can’t say a bad thing about him. The thing about Richard’s is it has multiple entrances and exits, so I’d imagine it’s damn near impossible to bug/surveil. That SRO is one of the last ones, I believe Salvation Army shut down their SRO building across the street on Grand or they’ve just let that building go to absolute shit. Spina owns the “boarded up” buildings on the Southside of Grand across the street from Bennett Private School… my guess is he’s holding out to make millions as they keep expanding and building out their campus. I also know he owns the building where the office of Re-elect Walter Burnett was located and there used to be a barbershop. The guy who owns the Huron Social club also owns the building where Passport bar and Donut Slut used to be, it’s now a bagel place and bar (random as fuck I know). Rumors are that the Cozzo’s own the gas station on Grand and Ashland (northside of Ashland) that is pretty blatantly a cash drop/joker slots establishment/money laundering operation. I don’t know the guys name, nor if he is connected, but he’s always at the gas station with a huge lit cigar taking slips from people that play the slots. He’s also at Imperial talking with Joe quite a bit and I’ve seen him at Salerno’s as well. That neighborhood is very very interesting at night walking around.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Cosmik_Debris wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:37 am I used to walk past Richards every day on my commute to work. I've tied one on with Bobby numerous times and he's always been a super nice guy. I've never mentioned the mob or anything like that, but he's bought me countless drinks over the years and always been super friendly.

Were the decimated though? Panozzo Jr is out and I see him at a wings place pretty frequently hanging out with some big ass Mexicans dudes. Spina is doing something to have a lot of assets. Who else do we think is associated with Grand Ave, minus Spina/Dominic/Vena/Cozzo’s/Panozzo? Tony would probably know as that’s his old hood and I’m just an asshole yuppie who moved into the neighborhood.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

chicagodog wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:44 am

Were the decimated though? Panozzo Jr is out and I see him at a wings place pretty frequently hanging out with some big ass Mexicans dudes. Spina is doing something to have a lot of assets. Who else do we think is associated with Grand Ave, minus Spina/Dominic/Vena/Cozzo’s/Panozzo? Tony would probably know as that’s his old hood and I’m just an asshole yuppie who moved into the neighborhood.
There's likely more to Grand Ave. than just those guys.

@Patrickgold- his name escapes me, but who was the cop (or ex-cop), who owns all the sweepstakes machines on Grand that you were talking about a few months ago? Seems he is a likely crew member.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:53 pm
chicagodog wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:44 am

There's likely more to Grand Ave. than just those guys.

@Patrickgold- his name escapes me, but who was the cop (or ex-cop), who owns all the sweepstakes machines on Grand that you were talking about a few months ago? Seems he is a likely crew member.
Anthony DeMarco Is the owner of the sweep stake machines that supplies grand Ave. more than likely a member of that crew. I definitely believe there are more guys but I was just talking in term of guys that were on the street and doing street stuff like burglaries, rips offs and heists.