TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mr Parlapiano
Prospect

Re: TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Post by Mr Parlapiano »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the Forum, but I've been reading and researching about the Mafia & Camorra for decades. I'm not an expert like you guys, but not a newbie. :D Discovered you guys through your YT Channel Mob Archeologists and I love and admire the amount of knowledge you have.

Thank you, Angelo, for your Camorra articles. I've always been convinced that Freemasons/Carbonari were very influential in Camorra/Mafia Codes, structure, rites. Especially the Carbonari, because during the Risorgimento, these guys were jailed for their political ideas and were put in the same prisons as any brigante.

A lot of them had a high social status and probably paid for protection before becoming idealogical leaders in jail. That's just my opinion, not 100% facts..

The fact that Camorristi distance themselves with this kind of Song …

We are not Carbonari
We are not Royalists
But we are Camorrists
And we f*ck this and that

... is normal… Their main goal is not an ideology or a Coup d'état … They are very pragmatic and opportunistic…

What's more interesting in this little song to me is the simple fact they are agnowledging the Carbonari Movement which is proof they mingled with them for a while before saying f**k these guys and their revolutionary BS ...

@Angelo. I have a question regarding the structure of The Camorra, some sources state that there are 3 degrees, but It really looks to me as if there are only 2 degrees : MAJOR (Camorrista) and MINOR (Picciotto + Giovinotto Onorati) … Do you really see a structural 3rd degree there? Or is it just the picciottti using the giovanotti onorati in their crews as "soldiers" ...

Thank You!
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Post by Angelo Santino »

Mr Parlapiano wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:41 am Hi guys,

I'm new to the Forum, but I've been reading and researching about the Mafia & Camorra for decades. I'm not an expert like you guys, but not a newbie. :D Discovered you guys through your YT Channel Mob Archeologists and I love and admire the amount of knowledge you have.

Thank you, Angelo, for your Camorra articles. I've always been convinced that Freemasons/Carbonari were very influential in Camorra/Mafia Codes, structure, rites. Especially the Carbonari, because during the Risorgimento, these guys were jailed for their political ideas and were put in the same prisons as any brigante.

A lot of them had a high social status and probably paid for protection before becoming idealogical leaders in jail. That's just my opinion, not 100% facts..

The fact that Camorristi distance themselves with this kind of Song …

We are not Carbonari
We are not Royalists
But we are Camorrists
And we f*ck this and that

... is normal… Their main goal is not an ideology or a Coup d'état … They are very pragmatic and opportunistic…

What's more interesting in this little song to me is the simple fact they are agnowledging the Carbonari Movement which is proof they mingled with them for a while before saying f**k these guys and their revolutionary BS ...

@Angelo. I have a question regarding the structure of The Camorra, some sources state that there are 3 degrees, but It really looks to me as if there are only 2 degrees : MAJOR (Camorrista) and MINOR (Picciotto + Giovinotto Onorati) … Do you really see a structural 3rd degree there? Or is it just the picciottti using the giovanotti onorati in their crews as "soldiers" ...

Thank You!
Salut. Thank you for joining this forum and supporting our podcast and supporting my articles. It's just the beginning.

The Major Society consisted of the grade/Dote of Camorristi and the Minor Society consisted of the grades/doti of Picciotti and G.O.' There was a formal process to go through all three grades. You can read about it in article 3 where I painstakingly tried to break it down.

What we see in 'ndrangheta is just an evolved form of it: the grades of G.O. up to Sgarrista are in the Minor and the Santisti up to whatever the latest grade exists are the Major. Does that make sense?