New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Philly wasn’t required to pass a list but as a courtesy they would pass one for the North Jersey guys they inducted. At least according to George Freselone,

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:35 am Are we positive they can replace rats?

It was from Sal Vitale’s debriefing. Though it is probably a moot point since at the time he flipped the only known member informants who died that I can think of are Valachi and Scarpa and they most likely weren’t replaced.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with a Colombo bio.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Excellent one. D'Amico coming from Bagheria / Santa Flavia and like the Andolinos having family history in New Castle PA is good to know as that's near Sharon where Sal Marino from Santa Flavia lived.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm Excellent one. D'Amico coming from Bagheria / Santa Flavia and like the Andolinos having family history in New Castle PA is good to know as that's near Sharon where Sal Marino from Santa Flavia lived.
Great post. JD hit it out of the park with this one, yet again.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am
B. wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm Excellent one. D'Amico coming from Bagheria / Santa Flavia and like the Andolinos having family history in New Castle PA is good to know as that's near Sharon where Sal Marino from Santa Flavia lived.
Great post. JD hit it out of the park with this one, yet again.
Born and raised in New Castle. We had relatives and restaurants in Sharon, in fact my brother was born in Sharon. Grandparents emigrated from Greece to work in the mill in Farrell, which later became Sharon Steel. New Castle, Farrell and Sharon are just minutes apart from each other especially Farrell and Sharon. Not sure how much people realize how heavily Italian this area was and still is. I swear every person I knew as a kid was either Greek or Italian. Youngstown is a 15 minute drive. The whole area is severely depressed post mill closures.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not surprised there were Trenton connections with the early Pittston Family as Trenton had a colony from the same part of Caltanissetta and most of the Philly members later made in Trenton had heritage from Caltanissetta, with some indications they had relatives and connections to the Pittston area.
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

JoelTurner wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 pm New post on Charles Consagra
(https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/04/ch ... o.html?m=1)
Great write-up from JD. I had almost completed writing a similar post on Consagra, for a substack I've recently created.

Some extra details:
-The Peter Licata tried for 1911 murder was a brother-in-law of Salvatore Bufalino
-A distant cousin of Charles Consagra was Salvatrice Consagra, mother of Pittson member Sam Galante
-Consagra was arrested and investigated in 1907 as part of a black hand group along with other early members (named in reports as Charles Gonzaga)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Re: the Carinese fugitives D'Amico helped, I'm curious if they were connected to the Colombo Family's Buffa-D'Alessandro-Badalamenti clan as they had ties to the Sicilian mafia there. I notice one of them had the given name Croce which is the same name as Croce Pecoraro who was patriarch of that clan, though Croce is a name common to Carini as Crocifisso is the patron saint.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He also posted another one on Saturday on a Cleveland guy (John Sanfilippo)