Possible new Toronto Mob related Slaying

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Possible new Toronto Mob related Slaying

Post by Moscone65 »

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7159488

The man shot is Alexander Vinogradsky. It does not say in the article but it is the same guy who owned paramount trucking, the main group going against ndrangheta and hells angels in the tow truck wars recently. I heard some things were getting heated again, perhaps this was the last straw…
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Possible new Toronto Mob related Slaying

Post by Moscone65 »

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Thanks for sharing Moscone. Think it went quiet for a bit after the arrests a few years ago but I saw a few tow truck related incidents in the last year or so.

Guess all the new regulations didn't solve the problem lol
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

No problem, and ya I guess there’s still tension too
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Moscone65 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7159488

The man shot is Alexander Vinogradsky. It does not say in the article but it is the same guy who owned paramount trucking, the main group going against ndrangheta and hells angels in the tow truck wars recently. I heard some things were getting heated again, perhaps this was the last straw…
Any articles showing ndrangheta connection?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

https://www.yorkregion.com/news/crime/s ... a23c2.html

This also happens just a little while ago
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

thanks!
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Most of the young guys are all tow truck drivers, gang members, but then you got the commissos and they were mostly charged with municipal corruption
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Moscone65 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:43 am Most of the young guys are all tow truck drivers, gang members, but then you got the commissos and they were mostly charged with municipal corruption
Any update on the young Girolamo charged with murder conspiracy?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I'm not sure about Commisso but the other person charged with him was found not guilty when he went to trial.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:40 am I'm not sure about Commisso but the other person charged with him was found not guilty when he went to trial.
Thanks
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Was Vinogradsky ever identified as a Russian mafiya member? I guessed a while back that he might have Russian Jewish ancestry, but an older comment of yours on another board has me thinking that he could have Ukrainian ancestry (Jewish or otherwise).

The reason I ask is I wonder whether his murder arose from conflict within an OC group, such as the Russian mafiya, that is ethnoracially based.

For what it’s worth, you and I know there is a well-established Russian Jewish community in the area where Vinogradsky was killed. It extends north to Steeles and Dufferin, and there are Russian Jewish mafiya members who own establishments north and south of Steeles, between Keele and Dufferin.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

antimafia wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:57 am

Was Vinogradsky ever identified as a Russian mafiya member? I guessed a while back that he might have Russian Jewish ancestry, but an older comment of yours on another board has me thinking that he could have Ukrainian ancestry (Jewish or otherwise).

The reason I ask is I wonder whether his murder arose from conflict within an OC group, such as the Russian mafiya, that is ethnoracially based.

For what it’s worth, you and I know there is a well-established Russian Jewish community in the area where Vinogradsky was killed. It extends north to Steeles and Dufferin, and there are Russian Jewish mafiya members who own establishments north and south of Steeles, between Keele and Dufferin.
I heard he was Ukrainian, but ya thornhill and the areas you mentioned are alot of Jews, mostly Russian. I know there is Russian mafiya presence, but pretty low key, like the triads in Toronto they mostly stick to their area and their demographics. I never heard if he was legitimately a Russian mafia member but he was definitely connected with other Eastern European types as well as black and middle eastern gang members.