Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by moneyman »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm Not only is the Springfield crew gone, I don't think there's a crew from the 5 families based outside New York/New Jersey anymore.
Florida would be the only other state I can think of, but not sure if actual Florida based crews exist or if NY/NJ crews just operate there now.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by CornerBoy »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:18 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm Not only is the Springfield crew gone, I don't think there's a crew from the 5 families based outside New York/New Jersey anymore.
what bout southrn CT like Stamford
The Gambinos haven't had a crew based in Connecticut since the 1980s when it merged with a NY-based crew. The last case was 14 years ago and it involved associates (the DePreta case) connected to Nick Corozzo. Genovese activity has also dropped off over the last decade.
what does jhaving a crew based there mean? there are plenty of guys from five fams operating in CT and FLA. I guess you mean what the govt charts say?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

The Gambinos haven't had a crew based in Connecticut since the 1980s when it merged with a NY-based crew. The last case was 14 years ago and it involved associates (the DePreta case) connected to Nick Corozzo. Genovese activity has also dropped off over the last decade.
Hmmm. Who in that case was connected to Corrozo?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cheech wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 am
I don't remember off the top of my head. I recall reading something about a sit down involving a person (or persons) in that case that had some tie to Corozzo. I think I came across it when I was trying to determine which crew affiliation DePreta had.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 am
Cheech wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 am
I don't remember off the top of my head. I recall reading something about a sit down involving a person (or persons) in that case that had some tie to Corozzo. I think I came across it when I was trying to determine which crew affiliation DePreta had.
Depreta’s affiliation was with the bronx. Louie B if i recall. I will go look.

All those folks in that indictment are out and its the same ole same ole. Zero has changed.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Wasn't Stefanelli, a Corozzo crew member partnered with DePreta?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Dean DePreta was reporting to Mario Antonicelli who was in Louis Filippelli's crew. They were going to make DePreta and keep him with the Filippelli crew.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 am Wasn't Stefanelli, a Corozzo crew member partnered with DePreta?
dean was on the Steffanelli tapes. and it was speculated that's why he copped to 6 years in a gambling case. they weren't partners. Skinny Santoro was involved with dean as well. dean had a humongous package. a lot of guys bet thru him. 44wager was huge. it was the Bronx. Louie or Mario...Dean was gonna get made thru them. he was in Stamford and its 15 mins to the Bronx
Last edited by Cheech on Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

johnnys got it
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Posted some surveillance pics of DePreta a while back. viewtopic.php?t=12073
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:01 pm Posted some surveillance pics of DePreta a while back. viewtopic.php?t=12073
thanks. i knew it was bronx
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Now that it was mentioned, I think Stefanelli was the connection, but the Filippelli crew makes more sense. Either away, you had an associate of a NY-based crew, and that was 14 years ago.

Speaking of Filippelli, would that crew be more Bronx or Westchester-based today?
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:28 pm Now that it was mentioned, I think Stefanelli was the connection, but the Filippelli crew makes more sense. Either away, you had an associate of a NY-based crew, and that was 14 years ago.

Speaking of Filippelli, would that crew be more Bronx or Westchester-based today?
I thought Filippelli was in Jersey.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

aray22 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:04 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:28 pm Now that it was mentioned, I think Stefanelli was the connection, but the Filippelli crew makes more sense. Either away, you had an associate of a NY-based crew, and that was 14 years ago.

I thought Filippelli was in Jersey.
I think that idea comes from when there were two crews, one in New Jersey and one in the Bronx. Along the way you get the same people involved in different cases like Squitieri, Ricco, DePalma, Sisca, Filippelli, etc. I don't know if there was a merger at some point but that New Jersey-based crew is gone and the presence over the past 25+ years has been primarily in New York, mostly Bronx/Westchester.