Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmyb
Straightened out

Re: Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Post by jimmyb »

nash143 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:08 pm
jimmyb wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:47 pm
nash143 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:14 am I am attempting to map out a family tree that details CDG-born Bonanno members (+ Magaddino) and their offspring. I've come up against a few dead-ends.

Can anyone help identify paternal links for the following Bonanno members?

- Joseph Sabella b. c1965
- Antonino Bonventre b.1930 (Father of Giacomo)
- Giuseppe Buccellato b.1912 - I have his Father as Filippo b. 1876 - does anyone know how Filippo ties into the other Buccellatos?

Any help appreciated!
I can't remember if I shared this with you yet, but Felice and Martino were brothers. Filippo Buccellato was their first cousin
Do you know if the Father of the Filippo Buccellato you mention was named Giuseppe (b1840)- and if he was the brother of Giovanni (b1845, father of Felice and Martino)?

I figured if Giuseppe Buccellato b1912 was first born, his paternal grandfather would also be Giuseppe.
Filippo's father was Giuseppe. Giuseppe was eldest brother to Giovanni and Salvatore (both mentioned in Asaro case)
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:48 pm in 1908 a Giovanni Carollo was allegedly burned to death in an oven by bakers and brothers Giuseppe and Vito Bonventre, and their aides Gaspare Galante and "Stadler" Lisante. In reality they allegedly strangled Carollo for getting behind on a loan and dumped his body in a sack in a vacant lot. Vito Bonventre would be the same man who gave Joe Bonanno a job as a truck driver for his bakery in 1924.
Giovanni Carollo was also a baker from Castellammare del Golfo. He had loaned money to the Bonventre bros to help them start their bakery. He was killed when he tried to collect.

His partner & roommate was Antonio Ditta. Born Jul 31 1875 in Vita, he later moved to New Jersey; living at 269 Fairmount Ave, Newark, NJ. There were a lot of links between the Bonanno family and the Newark family’s Vita group so this is interesting.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

JoelTurner wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:32 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:48 pm in 1908 a Giovanni Carollo was allegedly burned to death in an oven by bakers and brothers Giuseppe and Vito Bonventre, and their aides Gaspare Galante and "Stadler" Lisante. In reality they allegedly strangled Carollo for getting behind on a loan and dumped his body in a sack in a vacant lot. Vito Bonventre would be the same man who gave Joe Bonanno a job as a truck driver for his bakery in 1924.
Giovanni Carollo was also a baker from Castellammare del Golfo. He had loaned money to the Bonventre bros to help them start their bakery. He was killed when he tried to collect.

His partner & roommate was Antonio Ditta. Born Jul 31 1875 in Vita, he later moved to New Jersey; living at 269 Fairmount Ave, Newark, NJ. There were a lot of links between the Bonanno family and the Newark family’s Vita group so this is interesting.
I realized I worded that to seem like Carollo was behind on the loan when I meant they strangled him because they were behind on the loan. At any rate, the one remaining mystery for me is figuring out who Stadler Lisante was.