Why do they just force Vic Orena to stay in jail but release the Gemini Twins?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

knockaround_ny
Associate

Why do they just force Vic Orena to stay in jail but release the Gemini Twins?

Post by knockaround_ny »

While i'm not totally defending these guys wholeheartedly, from what I'm hearing, it clearly doesn't seem fair to release a bunch of psychos like Anthony Senter while Orena is fucking 90 and clearly isn't as much of a danger to society than he was 30 years ago. It really reveals the hypocrisy of the compassionate release system and I wan't to know why
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Why do they just force Vic Orena to stay in jail but release the Gemini Twins?

Post by furiofromnaples »

Orena started a mob war that made more victims that both the Gemini Twins.
Manf
Straightened out

Re: Why do they just force Vic Orena to stay in jail but release the Gemini Twins?

Post by Manf »

Because the government is massively corrupt
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

There was a change of law. Parole for murders committed prior to 1987 is treated differently to murders committed after.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Leave Vic in there - I never liked him and he was no good!
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:03 am Leave Vic in there - I never liked him and he was no good!
Care to share why?
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:37 pm There was a change of law. Parole for murders committed prior to 1987 is treated differently to murders committed after.
Yes but Orena started a mob war where a poor innocent 18 years old was killed because his men wasnt able to find a Persico loyalist to kill.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:03 am Leave Vic in there - I never liked him and he was no good!
he's definitely never getting out after this decree
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Ivan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:02 pm
he's definitely never getting out after this decree
+1
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Lol
Aces
Prospect

Post by Aces »

It has nothing to day with who was killed or how many, the Gemini Twins were charged and convicted under the "old federal guidelines" which were changed by the time Orena was arrested. Has nothing to do with cooperating or bias.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It's labels...if Orena wasn't labeled a "boss" then he would be out if he was "associate" "soldier" "captain"
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Orena still has another motion for compassionate release that was put in abeyance because of this resentencing
Based of what the judge wrote within his most recent motion in regards to Orena’s resentencing, it seems as if Orena’s motion for compassionate release will once again be denied