LE infiltration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: LE infiltration

Post by Stroccos »

Under cover Agent John Tanza busted Cleveland associates
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:53 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:40 am William “Bill” Breen from the book The Insider: The FBI’s Undercover ‘Wiseguy’ Goes Public in 1992 describes how Breen infiltrated the Resource Capital Group loan-shark ring perpetrated by associates Melvin Cooper and Dr. Jesse Hyman. He was able to tie some pretty big Mafiosi to it like Vincent Rotondo, Michael Franzese, Benedetto Aloi, Thomas Pecora, Anthony “Tony Nap” Napoli, John “Curly” Montana, Leonard “Lenny” Di Maria, Frankie “the Hat” Di Stefano and Carlo Vaccarezza. He was also involved with some Cleveland and San Francisco members in busting a cocaine ring during the mid-80s.
Jimmy Rotondo got hit for bringing that dentist Hyman around made guys...
I don't know if that was the actual reason since I haven't seen anyone be able to establish who or what faction killed him. It's one of those famous sneak hits. That could be the cover story (ala Tony Mirra was killed for brining Pistone around vs. the actual reason because he was a DEA informant). I think the most common assumption was that the Gambino's hit him, but Sammy posted a video about how that was not the case and they didn't know who did it. Did John Riggi do it? Could be, but they allegedly became subservient of the Gambino's after. A mystery for the ages.
He was a major player on I believe the waterfront and one of the families (Gambino or Genovese) benefitted from him gone...
I don't think he was that major on the waterfront. He occupied a low-level organizer position in Local 1814 and couldn't get the dental plan for Hyman when the two sought to expand their dental plan scheme.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Not sure where to put this so I dug up this old thread, someone sent me a clip from an interview of Jack Garcia did with Jeff Nadu. Garcia tells a funny story where Greg DePalma gets an idea to gift Zeke Squitieri with a new TV. A few days after they gave it to him DePalma calls Garcia at 2am asking him where he got the TV so Garcia tells him ‘my friends up in the heights’ so DePalma makes Garcia come meet him at 3am to talk. When they get together Garcia reiterates that the TV is stolen so DePalma tells him he’s been talking all day about this TV and they have to go get it out of Squitieris house the next day because Squitieri saw the episode of Sopranos where they set up Feech LaManna with a truckload of TVs for a parole violation and he’s paranoid about it!

Squitieri was on parole at the time and DePalma tries to blame Garcia for the incident but he tells him ‘it wasn’t my fucking idea to give him a TV it was yours!’
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Frank Panessa, DEA undercover agent.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

sdeitche wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:07 pm Frank Panessa, DEA undercover agent.
He was setting up guys on the Pizza Connection case right? I remember an old documentary with him talking about it.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

these guys are to admired. great police work and commitment. sacrifice. no unreliable rats needed. balls of steel

any books on these guys?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Browniety86 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:07 pm
He was setting up guys on the Pizza Connection case right? I remember an old documentary with him talking about it.
Correct.

I'm on the Mob Museum Advisory Council with Frank, Giovanni Rocco, and some other undercover LEOs from DEA, FBI, and other law enforcement agencies. Their stories are unbelievable.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:07 pm
Correct.

I'm on the Mob Museum Advisory Council with Frank, Giovanni Rocco, and some other undercover LEOs from DEA, FBI, and other law enforcement agencies. Their stories are unbelievable.
I wish I remembered that documentary name. It had surveillance video of him doing a heroin deal at a cafe. I think it was in a brown paper bag iirc...
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

FBI agent Mike Mcgowan. Went undercover and busted Bobby Luisi, Matty Gugliemetti, and the Cheeseman all in different operations. He has a book called Ghost.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.