Georgie McLaughlin

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Georgie McLaughlin

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Is he still alive? Also is there a good Boston Irish gang war topic on here? If not would love to see one. Such a crazy time.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Clark
Straightened out

Re: Georgie McLaughlin

Post by Clark »

He received medical parole in 2020. I have heard from reliable sources that he passed away in early-2022.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

The only thing that I can find online is in Wikipedia that he died in January 2022.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

There is a 2022 obituary for a George McLaughlin but I have no idea if it's who you're talking about.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/bo ... d=38260583
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

I think that obituary is a different George McLaughlin. I was told it was a very private burial, but January 2022 sounds about right. When he was released from prison he was mainly in a wheelchair and one of the options discussed was him being directly released to a long-term care facility. I don't know what ultimately occurred.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Where did he serve his time? It was state right? It’s strange we never really hear anything about him again after he goes away. No pictures no guys talking about doing time with him or anything. At least that I’ve seen or heard.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

Yes, it was state. He originally got the death penalty, but it was changed to life with no parole. By my math, he served 55 years.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

I know his family very well, especially his grandson. Different last names due to remarriage/safety concerns after the war.

George got out a couple years ago and passed in a home. His services were private and I believe a small ceremony involving his son reunited his ashes with Bernie. He made his great grandson for the first time when he got out. Crazy story. Good family. All because they called Rico and Hoover what they were. Oh and the drunken booby grab lol
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

It's crazy what a drunken booby grab brought on. Also, I feel like the Irish gang wars are similar to the 3rd Colombo war in that the winning side had the feds working with them.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Haha no shit. Perfect analogy. Rico and Del Vecchio essentially directed those wars.