Mobbed-Up Businesses Detroit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tocco686
Straightened out

Mobbed-Up Businesses Detroit

Post by Tocco686 »

Which businesses in the Metro Detroit area do you think still are Mobbed up with a lot of pull still?

I’ll name a few off the top of my Head.

Lucianos
Aurelio’s. Mimmo D’anna spot
Cafe Italia- D’anna and Corrado’s
John Carlo Inc- which I believe is no longer a company
Bagnasco funeral homes
Antonio’s/Roman Village Chain-Rugerio Brothers
Fairway Packing- Eugene Baratta
Carmela Foods- Anthony Tocco Jr.

Who do you think construction wise is the most Mobbed up with the most pull. Soave Enterprises?- Anthony Soave
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Mobbed-Up Businesses Detroit

Post by Adam »

Tocco686 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 am Which businesses in the Metro Detroit area do you think still are Mobbed up with a lot of pull still?

I’ll name a few off the top of my Head.

Lucianos
Aurelio’s. Mimmo D’anna spot
Cafe Italia- D’anna and Corrado’s
John Carlo Inc- which I believe is no longer a company
Bagnasco funeral homes
Antonio’s/Roman Village Chain-Rugerio Brothers
Fairway Packing- Eugene Baratta
Carmela Foods- Anthony Tocco Jr.

Who do you think construction wise is the most Mobbed up with the most pull. Soave Enterprises?- Anthony Soave
Well the obvious one is the Andiamo's chain. Vicari family.
Before Anthony Palazzolo died I thought he was part owner of Detroit Sausage Company in Eastern Market which I believe is still there and their affiliated company LKL Packing which is also in Eastern Market.
Not sure if they still do but I thought Anthony Lapiana was affiliated with La Strada in downtown Birmingham and Pete Tocco was affiliated with Churchill's Bistro Cigar Bar in downtown Birmingham too. But I don't know if they just spent a lot of time there. And those two places share an alley and are on the same actual block.
I've heard rumors but never been able to figure out if its true that Tringali Sanitation that is based in Troy and does a lot of the sanitation work in the suburbs north of Detroit was from the side of the Tringale family that married into the Giacalone family. But I haven't been able to confirm that. So that could just be untrue. Because sometimes it's spelled Tringale and sometimes Tringali so I have my doubts. As in I really have my doubts on that one.

Just off the top of my head.
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

A friend of a friend was in Detroit for a year or two around 2000 and worked at Manzella’s market. He told me about a guy who would come in and some employees called him Don Tucco.

He knows nothing about the mafia but when I showed him a picture of Jack Tocco, he said that’s who it was.
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

Adam,

Andiamo’s chain is owned by Joe Vicari. He is married to Anthony Tawncy Tocco’s Daughter. If I remember correctly, Jack Tocco and his Brother Anthony helped him start this company as silent partners. Since then different people own the chains. The one in Dearborn was owned by Freddy Giordano. The one in Bloomfield Hills where Hoffa disappeared from is owned by the Vitale family. The Vitale’s are heavily connected to Detroit LCN.

Yes, Tony Pal, who is now deceased did own Detroit Sausage Company. Not sure about LKL Packing.

Tony Lop is a silent partner of La Strada, his wife owns the Salon next door to the Restaurant.

Specs Tocco frequents Churchills Cigar. I don’t believe he is connected with ownership in any way. Just a hangout for him. I believe he lives in Clarkston now. He used to frequent quite a few bars but has not been so much lately. I believe due to health issues. I know he still frequents the Stage Deli in West Bloomfield every Tuesday and Thursday for lunch with Giacalone.

Tringali Sanitation is owned by Giacalone’s Brother in law. He was listed by this company as a consultant. Lol. Very Tony Soprano-ish. I think he uses this for a W-2 as his income.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Is Tringali still mobbed up? or just in the sense that family of the mob runs a legit company. Seems to be a longstanding company