Connections: An Investigation into Organized Crime in Canada

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

trafficante
Straightened out

Connections: An Investigation into Organized Crime in Canada

Post by trafficante »

Not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anybody heard of this documentary before?

It's a CBC documentary from 1977 all about the mob in Canada and supposedly has interviews and footage of prominent Canadian racketeers (Violi, Papalia, Commisso). I've tried searching for the documentary but all I can find is a spliced together video of it with clips from a segment involving Paul Volpe. Does anyone know where to find this documentary in the full?

Paul Volpe video from the doc: https://youtu.be/kU6lqJW_PKc?si=FaB8WioKdxnv_0N9
Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectio ... _in_Canada
"Don't go telling me about two factions. Don't try that Nick Licata shit on me."
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Connections: An Investigation into Organized Crime in Canada

Post by antimafia »

There's a subforum where we can post about movies and television series/programs that have crime themes -- the link is viewforum.php?f=33. I'll ask a moderator to eventually move this thread.

The entire series isn't available for purchase or online viewing.

James Dubro in Toronto has actual copies of the film reels. I'm not sure whether co-producer Martyn Burke has copies -- he divides his time between Toronto and Santa Monica (CA). I'm not sure whether co-producer Bill Macadam is still alive.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I think unfortunately they don't want to broadcast it because of the defamation complaints they had at the time it was broadcast.

They had put up pictures of people with the same names as some mobsters.

I think that unless a user who recorded the program at the time puts it on the net, we will be deprived of it... Which is a shame because I would love to be able to see them one day
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

antimafia wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:17 pm There's a subforum where we can post about movies and television series/programs that have crime themes -- the link is viewforum.php?f=33. I'll ask a moderator to eventually move this thread.
Since basically nobody cares about posting youtube videos and stuff in the main forum, you can go ahead and keep on do it. Not a big deal.
There you have it, never printed before.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The episodes are invisible but there is a behind-the-scenes book about the documentary, available here https://archive.org/details/makingconnection0000rowl