Tommy Agro info

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Aces
Prospect

Tommy Agro info

Post by Aces »

not alot of info on Tommy Agro. does anyone know where he spent his childhood? any siblings ect..?
also, anyone know about the 2 guys Agro had around him the beat joe dogs?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Tommy Agro info

Post by CornerBoy »

originally from lower east side, around Lanzas near like around veneiros from second ave to Ave A, I THINK. i know he lived in little neck/ Douglaston in nice house.
Same area as Piney, Red Hot (more info pls, all i know is his wife lives in those mitchell llama's on Fulton St (sourhtern edge of it on Fulton) Southbridge towers?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Aces
Prospect

Post by Aces »

awesome... great info. His wife lives in Manhattan ?
I wonder how / why he went to Long Island? Also, he wondered a bar.. where was that?
You know anything about Frank Russo and Paul Principe ?
Aces
Prospect

Post by Aces »

I meant " he owned a bar "... where was that?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

He was born Thomas Angelo Agro in BK in 1931. His father was Angelo Agrò, born in 1903 in Calascibetta, Enna. The Agròs initially lived in Fayette County, WV, where Angelo’s father Giuseppe probably worked as a coal miner after immigrating to the US around 1910, and then relocated to BK around 1920. Tommy Agro’s mother was Rose Guallarano, born in 1908 in Tunis to Trapanesi parents from Marsala and Partanna.

In 1940, the Agros lived at Ellery and Marcy Ave in BedStuy, across the street from where the Marcy Houses were later erected. They subsequently moved to Kosciuszko St and then to 1063 Hancock in Bushwick. Later in life, Tommy Agro had addresses in Maspeth and Flushing.

Tommy Agro was enlisted in the Army from 1949 to 1951 and when he returned to NYC in 1951 he married Marion Bonura, who I believe was from Downtown Manhattan.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Aces
Prospect

Post by Aces »

Holy shit !!! I had no idea Agro grew up in Brooklyn ! I also assumed Agro was from downtown NYC .....
How did he hook up in Joe piney's crew ???
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

could that realy nice house been in flushing?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i was speaking of red hots wife

no idea who tommy a was married to

loooks like i was wrong about evverything aside from where he reported into. so sorry
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

A guy doesn’t necessarily have to become affiliated via a circle of guys from his home neighborhood of course. Given that his wife seems to have been from Manhattan, he may have been moving in those circles when he got back from the Army.

Agro was sponsored by Joe Armone in 1977. While Armone was originally from Manhattan he later he moved to Brooklyn. It’s my understanding that the Joe Armone crew originated from the old Dongarra crew, and Dongarra, though living on Elizabeth St as a kid after arriving from Sicily, lived in Brooklyn when he was a captain (8th Ave and 54th St in Sunset Park, IIRC). We’re talking about crossing the East River here anyway, not the Atlantic lol. Millions of people do it every day.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Armone def had an apartment around 12th btwn 1st and A or maybe a block over till the end

Thanks Polack, you're right
Aces
Prospect

Post by Aces »

Any of you guys have info on Paul Principe and Frank Russo? They were with Agro when he beat up "how dogs"....