Vancouver "mafia" under Joe Gentile

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Vancouver "mafia" under Joe Gentile

Post by antimafia »

motorfab wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:30 am Here is a obituary of Gerlando Gentile. The obituary is mentioned in the Informer dedicated to Gentile on page 6
[snip]
Death certificates respectively for Gerlando Gentile and wife, Rosa (née Fazio):

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
I should have mentioned that B. found FamilySearch records for both Gerlando Gentile and Rosa Fazio back in early 2019 -- see viewtopic.php?p=99765&hilit=gerlando#p99765 -- that helped him establish that Gerlando is Nick Gentile's brother and that Gerlando's son Joe is Nick's nephew.

In the "Mafia history and Nicola Gentile" thread (viewtopic.php?p=171266), I plan to post some vital records for Nick Gentile's parents.

Obituary for Rosa Fazio Gentile, i.e., Gerlando's wife:

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Respectively, a newspaper obituary for Joe Gentile, his registration of death, and his medical certification of death; the DOD on the two latter documents differs from the date in the obituary, with the registration of death showing an amendment, and the medical certification showing the physician mistakenly using the year 1994 instead of 1995 in the certification section.

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Some of you might be able to see Joe Gentile's obituary while on your smartphone but not when you're on a laptop. If this is the case, go to https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... /41241240/ to view the obit on your laptop.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Works fine for me with both, thanks !