Were Any Sitdowns Ever Caught on Tape?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Were Any Sitdowns Ever Caught on Tape?

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:29 pm
Villain wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 pm If i had a chance to talk to you face to face....believe me bud I wouldve done it right away but i obviously cant lol

Whats your problem with me? Lost of people are sending me messages and are asking me whats the problem and thats why Ive decided to write to you via pm but still no answer.

Most of my years old articles are obviously outdated and I never present action situations as facts but instead sometimes I write from the top of my head and its good at least that I remember these situations lol and obviously its your job to find out the details since youre a younger member around here and a good one too, but these attacks?

Again why so serious and what do you have against me? I really cant see the problem or the mistake which I allegedly did and so speak like a man....whats the problem?
Villain, this is the exact same text that you just now sent me in a PM, with the subject heading “Hey Lady…”, which I can only interpret as an attempt to bait me into reacting. As I already noted, when I engaged with your claims recently on another thread, you responded by flipping out and calling me a bunch of 8th Grade-level insults. And now you’re asking me what my “problem” is.

If I saw a claim by anyone else that I knew to be false and I was in the position to demonstrate this, I’d do the same as I did above. I’d like to think that most of us can disagree or criticize each other as “colleagues”, without resorting to name calling or baiting, even if we we have strong disagreements.

Please don’t send me anymore PMs.
It was only one pm and believe me I wont. You said I was playing games and yeah you were kissing my feet almost a year ago and now you act like you dont know me. If the truth insults you than Im quite glad about it and I wont say sorry. Back in the days you were asking me like a little kid regarding this or that and was constantly making mistakes but your uncle Villain saved you a lot of times and represented you with some of my projects by taking you in lol But still you dont have an answer on what is the problem and to tell you the truth I dont care anymore. Lets start a war....lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Wtf happened here
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Bumping this in case anyone else had any to add.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

https://archive.org/stream/history-orga ... s_djvu.txt

Not the Decavalcante tapes but some interesting information in here.

Would love to read more on a few thing from in here.

23 February 1963

Sam DeCavalcante: “When they made me they made me in Italian. They spoke all in Italian. I
was supposed to have been made thirty years ago in Philadelphia.”

“How old are you?” asked Ray DeCarlo.

“Fifty-two, Joe Bruno wanted to make me. Then Nardone, the boss at , wanted to make
me.”

“your dad.” Tony Boy began (Tony Boiardo)

“Yeah, but my father, when Joe Bruno wanted to make me said, ‘If anybody is going to make my
son, I’ll make him.’ I remember Joe Bruno real well.” [Sam?]

Joe Bruno spends time between Italy and Philly — owned a Cadillac agency and Buick per Sam.

The connection between Philadelphia and North Jersey always interests me, not that they are far from each other. but NYC is so much closer, the fact that Philly was able to get any play up there is always interesting. It seems like it was going on for a long period of time.

There's other talks in there on the Camorra having a sit down with a a street gang in Philadelphia in the 30's over a hit.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Can you post the excerpt about the Camorra and Philadelphia? Thank you.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm Can you post the excerpt about the Camorra and Philadelphia? Thank you.
Wondering about this also. I tried skimming through the linked text but only saw reprints of the Wikipedia entries for “Camorra” and 1910s NYC “Mafia-Camorra War”. Didn’t see anything there about the Camorra in Philly, but maybe I missed something?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

B. wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm Can you post the excerpt about the Camorra and Philadelphia? Thank you.
The Camorra plot

With the death of Joe DeMarco, the Morello organization was able to open up Lower Manhattan to their
gambling operations. However, to the Morello's chagrin, the Camorra organization also grabbed the
opportunity and opened a couple of their own gambling houses in Lower Manhattan. Since the Morello goal
had been a monopoly on gambling in the area, the stage was set for conflict.

file:///P|/Genealogy/History/Mafia/1914%20-% 2017% 20Mafia-Camorra% 20War% 20-% 20Wikipedia. htm[ 9/6/2010 10:49:11 PM]

Mafia-Camorra War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the other side of the East River, the Neopolitan gangs were also getting ambitious. Allessandro Vollero,
a top Navy Street leader, had never been happy with cooperating with the Morellos on the DeMarco hit. He
now decided to break their alliance. A meeting was held in Philadelohia between Navy Gang representatives
and the Camorra leadership about hitting the Morellos and taking complete control of Manhattan. After
discussing it with Camorra boss Ricci the two groups agreed to an alliance.

The Navy Gang and the Camorra developed a plan to lure the leaders of the Morello gang to another
meeting in Brooklyn, only to ambush and murder them.

[edit] The Morello hit

On September 7, 1916 Nick Morello and associate Charles Ubriaco traveled downtown to meet with the
Navy Street Gang. Once they arrived, they were served drinks. After a while, Morello and Ubriaco were told
that the Navy Street people were waiting for them instead at a coffee house. On their way to the coffee
house, they were ambushed. Nick Morello was shot by Tom Pagano and Charlie Ubriaco was shot by
Thomas Carillo and Lefty Esposito. Morello and Carillo died at the scene.

When the police arrived, they searched Morello's body; they found a bank book for NY Produce Exchange
Bank, Harlem with a balance of $1,865. The police later asked Ciro Terranova to come in and identify his
brother's body. The police arrested Vollero and put him in a lineup, but released him 19 days later for lack
of evidence.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

I misread originally about the street gang being from Philadelphia. They were a NYC street gang. And being the 30s. My bad.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:43 pm I misread originally about the street gang being from Philadelphia. They were a NYC street gang. And being the 30s. My bad.
Thanks for clearing it up. FWIW, though not mentioned here, the Navy St Camorra group was in fact documented as having ties to people in Philadelphia, though not much is understood about who they were working with in Philly.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

InCamelot wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:59 pm Wtf happened here
It's a Slavic thing lol