Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Who owns/runs Parkside now do we know?

His kids? Any kids in the life?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Buster123
Straightened out

Re: Bonanno mobster accused of extortion while awaiting sentencing in earlier NYC case

Post by Buster123 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:02 am Who owns/runs Parkside now do we know?

His Son & Wife
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Buster123 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:46 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:02 am Who owns/runs Parkside now do we know?

His Son & Wife
Cheers
Son connected or straight?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Buster123
Straightened out

Post by Buster123 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:02 am
Buster123 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:46 am

His Son & Wife
Cheers
Son connected or straight?
I’ve never heard of him being involved
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I'm not sure if the son running the restaurant now, is Tough Tony's namesake son - the one who was in a nightclub melee back in the day and got stabbed. Not sure if he has more than one son. Regardless, it's safe to say the kid/s are more than straight. A good example of how the kid was probably never going to be let into the life by his Dad was way back in 2000 when Anthony Jr. was stabbed in a nightclub melee.

Contrast these two articles about the incident...

2000 when it happened
https://nypost.com/2000/08/10/queens-cl ... r-mob-war/

2002 when it had worked it's way through the legal system
https://www.nydailynews.com/2002/02/06/ ... testifies/

We have it reported, with quotes from sources more sketchy and tenuous than anything Jeff Nadu could dream of, that this incident could "trigger a mob war" and "cause retaliation"

Fast forward a few years and there the kid is, a Boston College student, testifying in court about being the victim of a stabbing. Whether the assailant Nick Gambino was actually connected to the Gambinos (the Post article mentions that and it could be a stretch by them) or not, Federici's son dealing with this in the most civilian like way possible makes me think it was done on purpose - the kid is not involved and never will be

I was always under the impression that Federici Sr. didn't want or like the Parkside associated with LCN and didn't care for guys coming in there and goombah'ing it up. Pennisi has told at least one story of going there to discuss LCN'ish business with Tony himself, which I was very surprised by. I just assumed, with really no basis I guess, that Federici was either Genovese on paper only these days, or was so high level that he spoke to basically nobody and definitely not a newly inducted solider of another family, over something like an associate owing money to another associate
Buster123
Straightened out

Post by Buster123 »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:43 pm I'm not sure if the son running the restaurant now, is Tough Tony's namesake son - the one who was in a nightclub melee back in the day and got stabbed. Not sure if he has more than one son. Regardless, it's safe to say the kid/s are more than straight. A good example of how the kid was probably never going to be let into the life by his Dad was way back in 2000 when Anthony Jr. was stabbed in a nightclub melee.

2000 when it happened

We have it reported, with quotes from sources more sketchy and tenuous than anything Jeff Nadu could dream of, that this incident could "trigger a mob war" and "cause retaliation"

Fast forward a few years and there the kid is, a Boston College student, testifying in court about being the victim of a stabbing. Whether the assailant Nick Gambino was actually connected to the Gambinos (the Post article mentions that and it could be a stretch by them) or not, Federici's son dealing with this in the most civilian like way possible makes me think it was done on purpose - the kid is not involved and never will be

I was always under the impression that Federici Sr. didn't want or like the Parkside associated with LCN and didn't care for guys coming in there and goombah'ing it up. Pennisi has told at least one story of going there to discuss LCN'ish business with Tony himself, which I was very surprised by. I just assumed, with really no basis I guess, that Federici was either Genovese on paper only these days, or was so high level that he spoke to basically nobody and definitely not a newly inducted solider of another family, over something like an associate owing money to another associate
Tony has a son & daughter. The daughter works there but not regularly I believe, but the Son & Wife are running it. I heard that Tony wife went all in on keeping it going after seeing so many of the customers at his funeral.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Ivan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:02 pm

Yeah he's a hoot. Everything he says is some kind of joke. I remember saying something about how it's supposed to be the best pizza place in Buffalo and he pretended to be offended by the "supposed to be".
I'm assuming you saw the video where the Barstool Sports guy did his pizza review at La Nova? I'm glad to hear that wasn't a put on for the camera and Todaro is really like that...lol

Todaro might be right. I'm sure there is better, more artisanal pizza in Buffalo, but for the most part everyone I know from around there seems to like La Nova. Besides that, the place does big numbers... there's a cool older video online about them prepping for superbowl sunday , it was pretty crazy.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:02 pm

Yeah he's a hoot. Everything he says is some kind of joke. I remember saying something about how it's supposed to be the best pizza place in Buffalo and he pretended to be offended by the "supposed to be".
I'm assuming you saw the video where the Barstool Sports guy did his pizza review at La Nova? I'm glad to hear that wasn't a put on for the camera and Todaro is really like that...lol
Yeah I saw that, was very entertaining. And yeah he's really like that. My mom loves the guy (she has a very romantic, normie-Godfather-watcher view of Cosa Nostra and so a big lovable patronly guy like Todaro is what a mobster "should be" in her view :lol:).
Todaro might be right. I'm sure there is better, more artisanal pizza in Buffalo, but for the most part everyone I know from around there seems to like La Nova. Besides that, the place does big numbers... there's a cool older video online about them prepping for superbowl sunday , it was pretty crazy.
I thought it was good, I'm no expert but I have had some truly rancid pizzas in my time and La Nova wasn't one of them.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 pm However you guys remember roosevelt / corona, it's probably a lot worse present day. I'm not a big fan of alarmism but it's kinda undisputed that nyc is just a fuckin dump in a lot of places. A lot of depressing, dystopian vibes all around.
Roosevelt Ave at night is a shithole. Depressing, trafficked-looking hookers from Central and South America staring at you from like every doorway. Zonked out drunk dudes staggering around everywhere, sleeping on the sidewalks, trying to fight each other but too drunk and falling around. I once saw a brawl between a bunch of Peruvian trannies on Roosevelt Ave at like 2am while waiting at a taco truck. Once in a while I’ll go to Corona during the day because they have IMO one of the best Dominican chicharrón spots in all of NYC there (holdover from when Corona was still heavily Dominican).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

to a t tony.

its turned really fucking shitty.

a lot of these migrants are prob there
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:43 pm I'm not sure if the son running the restaurant now, is Tough Tony's namesake son - the one who was in a nightclub melee back in the day and got stabbed. Not sure if he has more than one son. Regardless, it's safe to say the kid/s are more than straight. A good example of how the kid was probably never going to be let into the life by his Dad was way back in 2000 when Anthony Jr. was stabbed in a nightclub melee.

2000 when it happened

Found an article that says Nicholas Gambino is John Gambinos nephew