LCN In Maine/NH

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scalaPTLD
Prospect

Re: LCN In Maine/NH

Post by scalaPTLD »

mike68 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:42 am Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Do you have any details on the time around the Little Joe/Jannoni hits? Must have been tough on his father when that happened.
Honestly I don’t really know much about that in particular. Not specifics anyway. Any family that I’ve heard talk about that situation (that are old enough to have actually been around town when that was going on) usually have only spoken about it in passing or in general terms. Like just kind of confirming that yes, that happened, and they don’t go into much detail.

This is completely speculation on my part, but what little understanding I do have of that situation (mostly gained from the same coverage everyone else got from news articles and court paperwork mixed with a LITTLE bit of info from family), I think Orlando obviously knew that was coming, and fell in line with protocol and concurred that he had to go. As for how the man personally felt and internalized the fact that the mafia family he was a member of (although it could have been farmed to NY?) just beheaded his son and their friend, I mean I can’t imagine that’s easy to swallow…even for a straight up dyed in the wool gangster.
Again, just speculation really.
scalaPTLD
Prospect

Post by scalaPTLD »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:55 am
Timmoffat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:31 am What part of Maine you in pal?

Don’t know if anyone remembers who JOe Ricci founder of the Elan school is. He also own Scarborough downs. Featured on 60 mins. Basically some FBI agent made an unsubstantiated remark he was OC to someone at Key bank in Portland resulting in his 5 million dollar credit line being shut down and it became this giant thing ended up being a big lawsuit. He was apparently number 2 man to little joe
That case got a lot of news coverage back then. I believe he died fairly young, maybe from the stress. He did extensive interviews talking about how the FBI's claims ruined his life.

What I wonder is how the FBI misidentified him as a mafia figure, or if it was deliberate, why they tried to ruin this guy's life for no reason. He comes across convincing in his interviews.

Did any info ever surface that he was actually associated with the mafia? Was there another Joe Ricci involved with the Patriarcas?
I always found the fact that the FBI labeling that guy a mobster to his bank and then the results of that to be bizarre and truly hilarious.

I do know that I’ve heard several times throughout my life from locals and my uncles that Raymond Sr. owned many of the horses at Scarborough Downs, at least when he was alive of course. I don’t know the history of when Joe Ricci took ownership of the place or how those timelines line up, but I do know that the place has some direct mafia ties/involvement back in Raymond’s days anyway. I would imagine that continued in some capacity even after he was gone?? From what I understand Scarborough Downs was rockin place for a long time. I only went a couple times as a kid in the 90s. I think it was in full operation until covid hit though.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

scalaPTLD wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:48 pm
mike68 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:42 am Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Do you have any details on the time around the Little Joe/Jannoni hits? Must have been tough on his father when that happened.
Honestly I don’t really know much about that in particular. Not specifics anyway. Any family that I’ve heard talk about that situation (that are old enough to have actually been around town when that was going on) usually have only spoken about it in passing or in general terms. Like just kind of confirming that yes, that happened, and they don’t go into much detail.

This is completely speculation on my part, but what little understanding I do have of that situation (mostly gained from the same coverage everyone else got from news articles and court paperwork mixed with a LITTLE bit of info from family), I think Orlando obviously knew that was coming, and fell in line with protocol and concurred that he had to go. As for how the man personally felt and internalized the fact that the mafia family he was a member of (although it could have been farmed to NY?) just beheaded his son and their friend, I mean I can’t imagine that’s easy to swallow…even for a straight up dyed in the wool gangster.
Again, just speculation really.
Thanks for your insights and did little Joe work for his father?
TheSmartOne1
Prospect

Post by TheSmartOne1 »

Late to this but Patriarca and the other families aren't in NH and Maine anymore, it's DeMarco something or Marconi, they got a new family there.