Dinner with Fat Bobby

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Dinner with Fat Bobby

Post by CornerBoy »

where did this guy come from and who is he
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:04 am where did this guy come from and who is he
Originally a Colombo affiliate around Felice Vizzari, he was a long-time associate of the Los Angeles family in Orange County.

His introduction to the local family appears to have been through captain Michael Rizzitello in the late 1970s but it might’ve actually been a connection to Dominic Brooklier or the Milano crew.

He was proposed for membership in 1985 (almost certainly by Rizzitello) but was shot down at the ceremony by the Caci brothers because he was a drug dealer. Possibly proposed again in the 1990s but that remains unclear.

Unlike a lot of Milano-era guys, he was still involved in more violent crimes and probably assisted Rizzitello in the George Yudzevich murder and possibly even the Carroll hit, given that he reintroduced the two.

Dino D’Agostino also claimed that the LAPD told him that Paduano had been ordered (by the Milanos?) to kill him for an unspecified reason.

Took a big state bust in February 1988 (sentenced to 8 years in 1991) for extorting and robbing drug dealers throughout OC with a crew of Samoans and that’s where it ends so far.

He doesn’t appear to have been around the family in the late 1990s after his release or was at least not a known entity to Kenny Gallo and Ori Spado.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

thanks!
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

JoePuzzles234 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:18 am
CornerBoy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:04 am where did this guy come from and who is he
Originally a Colombo affiliate around Felice Vizzari, he was a long-time associate of the Los Angeles family in Orange County.

His introduction to the local family appears to have been through captain Michael Rizzitello in the late 1970s but it might’ve actually been a connection to Dominic Brooklier or the Milano crew.

He was proposed for membership in 1985 (almost certainly by Rizzitello) but was shot down at the ceremony by the Caci brothers because he was a drug dealer. Possibly proposed again in the 1990s but that remains unclear.

Unlike a lot of Milano-era guys, he was still involved in more violent crimes and probably assisted Rizzitello in the George Yudzevich murder and possibly even the Carroll hit, given that he reintroduced the two.

Dino D’Agostino also claimed that the LAPD told him that Paduano had been ordered (by the Milanos?) to kill him for an unspecified reason.

Took a big state bust in February 1988 (sentenced to 8 years in 1991) for extorting and robbing drug dealers throughout OC with a crew of Samoans and that’s where it ends so far.

He doesn’t appear to have been around the family in the late 1990s after his release or was at least not a known entity to Kenny Gallo and Ori Spado.

I asked him about the Colombo's.

Bobby told me he was far closer with Bonanno guys. Something about neighborhood friends.

I didn't ask why he came out to California, essentially for no other reason than the weather and good coke.

I've never brought up the Caci Brothers as I know they did not like him because he was big into drugs and they absolutely despised drugs.

He tried to get Tony Brooklier to defend his son a few years back. Rest In Peace.

He went to Maniscalco's memorial service at Michael's Pub in Huntington Beach. Told me there were a few patched members there.

Pete Milano wasn't much of a gangster. Bobby even called him, "A nice guy."

Rizzitello was Bobby's sponsor, his first line.

The Los Angeles Mafia died in the 90's.

What was left for Rizzitello to associate with?

The Los Angeles Mafia was really nothing more than independent Italian-American criminals working together as opposed to the East Coast Families which were organic to the area and had a unified structure. The LA Mafia members would've been independent criminals without anything called the "mafia".

He was closer than Mike Rizzitello than anyone else and spoke very highly of Maniscaloc and the Hessians.
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Nicholas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:06 pm
I asked him about the Colombo's.

Bobby told me he was far closer with Bonanno guys. Something about neighborhood friends.

I didn't ask why he came out to California, essentially for no other reason than the weather and good coke.

I've never brought up the Caci Brothers as I know they did not like him because he was big into drugs and they absolutely despised drugs.

He tried to get Tony Brooklier to defend his son a few years back. Rest In Peace.

He went to Maniscalco's memorial service at Michael's Pub in Huntington Beach. Told me there were a few patched members there.

Pete Milano wasn't much of a gangster. Bobby even called him, "A nice guy."

Rizzitello was Bobby's sponsor, his first line.

The Los Angeles Mafia died in the 90's.

What was left for Rizzitello to associate with?

The Los Angeles Mafia was really nothing more than independent Italian-American criminals working together as opposed to the East Coast Families which were organic to the area and had a unified structure. The LA Mafia members would've been independent criminals without anything called the "mafia".

He was closer than Mike Rizzitello than anyone else and spoke very highly of Maniscaloc and the Hessians.
Great info, thank you for sharing. Really cool to hear these details from someone like Paduano.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

+1, thanks Nicholas
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

JoePuzzles234 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:18 am

he from BK originally?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

in 04 through around 07 there would be guys with Western NY accents that would hang at the cafe inside Bristol Farms (very upscale supermarket) on Doheny Drive a block north of bev hills 4 seasons hotel. they would play the part w the diamond rings, warm up suits, cat calling women lol. nice guys that would let you break their bballs.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 am can you ask if there is any kind of structure left in LA family please?
I was told in 1999 that it was open to anyone to operate. No idea how long before that it was considered open
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Thanks for getting answers and getting back to us, Nicholas. I used to pass by Michael's Pub on Goldenwest and McFadden all the time when I lived in Westminster.

I think it's also questionable whether Maniscalco was guilty. He languished in prison for nine years before he was tried, his lead attorney was in poor health and had to be let go (along with two other attorneys), and the jury initially deadlocked. Not to mention that he always maintained his innocence.