Salvatore Trivalino?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Salvatore Trivalino?

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

Forgive me, but I keep coming across online references to a Bufalino member named Salvatore "Vicious" Trivalino. I haven't been able to find any actual concrete evidence of his existence, and more irritating still is that he is cited on these sites as an attendant at the Apalachin meeting. Is it possible someone would share some info on him if they have it, please?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Salvatore Trivalino?

Post by johnny_scootch »

Bing Bang 74 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:17 am Forgive me, but I keep coming across online references to a Bufalino member named Salvatore "Vicious" Trivalino. I haven't been able to find any actual concrete evidence of his existence, and more irritating still is that he is cited on these sites as an attendant at the Apalachin meeting. Is it possible someone would share some info on him if they have it, please?
Zero mentions of ‘Trivalino’ if you use the forum search function. Most likely just a made up name which is why you can’t find concrete evidence of his existence.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 pm
Bing Bang 74 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:17 am Forgive me, but I keep coming across online references to a Bufalino member named Salvatore "Vicious" Trivalino. I haven't been able to find any actual concrete evidence of his existence, and more irritating still is that he is cited on these sites as an attendant at the Apalachin meeting. Is it possible someone would share some info on him if they have it, please?
Zero mentions of ‘Trivalino’ if you use the forum search function. Most likely just a made up name which is why you can’t find concrete evidence of his existence.
Yep, made up name. Unless the name is misspelled or butchered.
There you have it, never printed before.
Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

Than you for the answers!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:24 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 pm
Yep, made up name. Unless the name is misspelled or butchered.
So far as I know, the surname “Trivalino” as such doesn’t exist in Italy, but we know Italian surnames often got changed, sometimes radically, after arrival in the US, as well as misspelled by the press or LE. Closest that I can think of would be Travaligno or Trifolino.

One of the usual suspects on GBB once claimed that “Salvatore Trivalino” was a Bufalino member based in Auburn, NY. I have no idea if there is any basis for this, but I do note that the surname Trifolino was recorded in Auburn.

I’ve also seen this alleged “Salvatore Trivalino” included in supposed lists of the arrestees at Appalachin, but don’t know if this was from actual reporting in 1957, or if this name got erroneously inserted by someone over time.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

There was no Salvatore Trivalino or Salvatore Trivilino at Apalachin. I wonder if this name came from Giacomo Vicari, but the earliest reference to this imaginary attendee comes from user BarrettM on 7/20/12 in Gangsterbb. The name that comes closest is Patsy Turrigiano. He was an alleged member of the Bufalino crime family, but BarrettM made a chart with both Turrigiano and "Trivalino," even giving details such as when Trivalino was made. Makes me wonder if Vicari and Barrett is the same person.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:34 pm There was no Salvatore Trivalino or Salvatore Trivilino at Apalachin. I wonder if this name came from Giacomo Vicari, but the earliest reference to this imaginary attendee comes from user BarrettM on 7/20/12 in Gangsterbb. The name that comes closest is Patsy Turrigiano. He was an alleged member of the Bufalino crime family, but BarrettM made a chart with both Turrigiano and "Trivalino," even giving details such as when Trivalino was made. Makes me wonder if Vicari and Barrett is the same person.
Vacari was of course the one who claimed that “Trivalino” was a prominent figure in Auburn, lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He was the father-in-law of Paulie "Stripes" DeMarco.