Cirelli apartment bug

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Cirelli apartment bug

Post by Browniety86 »

I've read on here, I'm a few other forum topics, people believe someone in Gotti's inner circle gave up the Cirelli apartment to the Feds as a meeting place...My question is who?
My initial guess was Norman DuPont, the Ravenite caretaker, but he doesn't fit the bill as being close enough to Gotti. Any guesses or knowledge of who it was?
bronx
Full Patched

Re: Cirelli apartment bug

Post by bronx »

Normans doing life no way
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Browniety86 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:12 pm I've read on here, I'm a few other forum topics, people believe someone in Gotti's inner circle gave up the Cirelli apartment to the Feds as a meeting place...My question is who?
My initial guess was Norman DuPont, the Ravenite caretaker, but he doesn't fit the bill as being close enough to Gotti. Any guesses or knowledge of who it was?
Answer this question and I'll give you the answer, who is in Gotti inner circle and is close to Gotti and is never heard on those tapes?......Sol
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Sol wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:01 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:12 pm I've read on here, I'm a few other forum topics, people believe someone in Gotti's inner circle gave up the Cirelli apartment to the Feds as a meeting place...My question is who?
Answer this question and I'll give you the answer, who is in Gotti inner circle and is close to Gotti and is never heard on those tapes?......Sol
Jackie Nose is the first name that comes to mind....Watts is another...
Last edited by Browniety86 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

bronx wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:31 pm Normans doing life no way
Oh I know that...I thought him as in casually saying it, not actively seeking the Feds to inform...
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

ty 86
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

I thought Watts was the informant. He fits the bill, so to speak. Very successful, business savvy and very well received by his peers.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I don't believe Gotti, et al, made it public; they'd go into the hallway and disappear. The FBI's story - maybe cover story - is Norman boasted to a woman he was dating the Gotti went upstairs to speak. The woman allegedly told the FBI. She was on surveillance, I'm sure, so they naturally speak to her. You can't believe anything the FBI states.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Browniety86 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:36 pm
Sol wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:01 pm
Jackie Nose is the first name that comes to mind....Watts is another...
No way it was Damico.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

It was someone Gotti himself would never believe would give him up like that!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

the cat
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

I remember reading that they heard footsteps going upstairs w the hallway bug. Once they discovered it was Netti Cerelli's apt and she would go shopping every time they'd hear the footsteps, they got permission to plant the bug
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Maybe someone let it go in a casual conversation with a FBI agent...these motherfuckers try to groom these guys by being nonchalant and friendly with them...like the two FBI agents with Sammy or when Al Bruno let it slip to a Fed that Emilio Fusco got his button...They're constantly lurking around surveilling these guys and somehow the wiseguys become comfortable with the agents...How these guys forget the government is their enemy is beyond me...
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I’m pretty sure in Gleeson’s book, he said it was based on a still secret informant.

The idea that they heard steps, and saw an apt upstairs belonged to a wise guy’s widow and that was enough to bug an old widow’s apartment seems hard to believe.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TSNYC wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:19 pm The idea that they heard steps, and saw an apt upstairs belonged to a wise guy’s widow and that was enough to bug an old widow’s apartment seems hard to believe.
Its the Ravenite. A Wise-guys widow owns the apartment above. Gotti et al would go missing from the club but would never leave.
Its an easy problem to solve.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.