NYC Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: NYC Bust

Post by Dr031718 »

Dr031718 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:13 pm Reading through the detention memo Lanni is only being charged with one count of Racketeering conspiracy. IMO feds added his assault case from NJ just to include him in the indictment as they don’t have much else
I stand corrected. The feds did not pick up Lannis jersey assault so the conspiracy charges against him are unrelated to the assault. Feds needed a “name” and threw him in
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Some gratuitous pics of different family members storming out of court: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stice.html

Lanni Crew has to be one of the bigger family crews, just trying to come up with people likely a part of it: Jimmy LaForte, Danny Tantillo, Vince Minisquero, Tommy Gambino, Tommy’s father Giuseppe (think still alive), Pete Inzerillo, the Fama brothers, then got some other guys possibly in same crew, Santino Mannino, Sal Inzerillo, Gaetano Napoli Jr, Lanni’s brother Lou I believe is a longshoreman, not sure if he’s involved.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Definitely one of the most powerful. Will be interesting to see who gets that crew.

I posted this a while back figured I would post in here too for anyone who missed it. Italian authorities/FBI report on Tommy Gambino from the 2019 arrests.

savior
On Record

Post by savior »

Thomas Gambino was acquitted in Italy a few months ago

https://livesicilia.it/palermo-mafia-co ... o-uditore/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:29 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm That $3.9 million in discounts sounds like quite a score to me.

Is the behavior in this indictment (beyond Lanni going bonkers that one night) anomalous, or is today's mob in general still really that menacing?
Oh the union stuff? Yeah... extorting regular people and threatening the relatives for a measly 4 grand? For what?
I mean all the assaults mostly. Is that still common or is this crew anomalous?
It's common. While it's not on the scale of the old days, the details of this case are about about as textbook mob as you can get.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 am It's common. While it's not on the scale of the old days, the details of this case are about about as textbook mob as you can get.
Hunh. Was under the impression that they had toned down the violence a lot more than what is evident here. Because this seems pretty much the same at the old days, minus any homicides.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Has the indictment been made public somehow or is it accessible?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I think it's funny they were in one of the trendiest restaurants in the city right now, smashed a bottle over someone's head, flipped their table over, and left. I wonder if they were eating in there themselves (it mentioned Lanni was at a table) and spotted an opportunity, or went there specifically because of the guy
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 am Has the indictment been made public somehow or is it accessible?
Yeah, the indictment and the detention memo is posted on the FBI Files section here
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:45 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 am It's common. While it's not on the scale of the old days, the details of this case are about about as textbook mob as you can get.
Hunh. Was under the impression that they had toned down the violence a lot more than what is evident here. Because this seems pretty much the same at the old days, minus any homicides.
The difference is the homicides. Assaults, on the other hand, are still a common charge in mob cases.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 am
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:29 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm That $3.9 million in discounts sounds like quite a score to me.

Is the behavior in this indictment (beyond Lanni going bonkers that one night) anomalous, or is today's mob in general still really that menacing?
Oh the union stuff? Yeah... extorting regular people and threatening the relatives for a measly 4 grand? For what?
I mean all the assaults mostly. Is that still common or is this crew anomalous?
It's common. While it's not on the scale of the old days, the details of this case are about about as textbook mob as you can get.
Good point. But one has to ask about the viability of that type of extortion in 2023.
I mean hell, they might be better off doing it anonymous like the Black Hand if they are just going to run into the Feds. For FOUR grand...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Anyone know if Lanni is actually Sicilian? And is the Brooklyn DA detective that's been discussed before confirmed to be his brother? There is a strong facial resemblance for sure. If so, their father was a Vincenzo Lanni who died a few years ago. I'm under the impression Lanni was born to immigrant parents and grew up around the younger Gambino Sicilians but I'm not sure whether he's Sicilian himself. The name is more common on the mainland.
moneyman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:36 pm Interesting that Rappa wasn’t allowed to attend the Gambino making ceremony, even if he is vouching/recommending associates to be made

Not sure if it’s been confirmed whether Riccardo Cefalu was made in Sicily or not.. but I recall JD posting a document regarding Domenico’s ceremony stating that Riccardo was allowed to attend, implying Sicilian membership. Perhaps Riccardo was transferring membership at the time
The Cefalus are still a mystery to me. Riccardo was involved in drug trafficking with members of the Brancaccio Family and he was very close to the Catalanos from Ciminna but I don't know which Palermo district or provincial comune they come from. Their captain Conte was born in Palermo citta.

I had the same thought about the Cefalu ceremony, i.e. "allowed" to attend. If Conte or someone else was Domenico's sponsor, maybe Riccardo was "allowed" to attend because it wasn't otherwise necessary for him to be there but it's interesting wording.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:45 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:45 am
The difference is the homicides. Assaults, on the other hand, are still a common charge in mob cases.
Hunh, again. So there's tons of this going on, it's just that these guys actually got caught? Pretty wild to think there's tons of guys running around doing this shit in today's New York, I was under the impression that they had mostly moved on to subtler things like cutting off addicted gamblers, using indirect economic pressures, ostracism from the underworld, etc. etc.

You have to wonder if the infamous "Soros prosecutors" have emboldened guys in the surviving mob clans? I think they are in office where most of the present-day lingering families are (I know they're in Chicago, New York, and Philly at least -- that's where like 90%+ of today's made guys are). Probably the mafia has "white privilege" and thus doesn't get a break from the woketard DAs. :lol:
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy is correct. Beatings are still common, some of them vicious, while murders are of course extremely rare.

I've said before that in today's world these beatings are probably more effective given we live in a much softer world, far less fighting among young guys, so the idea of getting beaten has a different meaning today and the legal repercussions aren't as bad.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:26 am Wiseguy is correct. Beatings are still common, some of them vicious, while murders are of course extremely rare.

I've said before that in today's world these beatings are probably more effective given we live in a much softer world, far less fighting among young guys, so the idea of getting beaten has a different meaning today and the legal repercussions aren't as bad.
If we are talking strictly United States then yes. In Canada, where there is La Cosa Nostra (Hamilton/Montreal), Cosa Nostra (Sicilian faction) (Toronto/Montreal), the murders are very very common. This will continue for a very long time.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."