Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Your instincts, again, are serving you well.

Iavarone's Information Sworn Date was Dec. 3, 2021.

He has a 10:00 am matter being heard tomorrow (Aug. 30) re: a trial continuation. I recently discovered when I went to a Toronto courtroom that hardly anyone is inside them, save the presiding justice, the clerks, the court reporters, and the odd Toronto Police Service officer. Almost all Ontario Court of Justice criminal matters throughout the province are being done via Zoom; so journalists themselves, e.g., Nicole O'Reilly, are following the matters virtually.

I have reason to believe she'll report on Iavarone's trial at some point. ;) ;)
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:38 am So Looks Like Scott Burnstein broke this story first:

FBI raids house while investigating death of witness against strip club owner
by Dan Herbeck
FBI agents executed a search warrant at an Allegany County home last week while investigating the death of a former exotic dancer who was going to testify as a prosecution witness at the trial of strip club owner Peter Gerace Jr.

Crystal Quinn, 37, died Aug. 1 in a home on Scott Avenue in the village of Wellsville, roughly 85 miles southeast of Buffalo. A team of FBI agents searched the home for evidence on Aug. 8.

“The cause of death has not yet been determined,” Dylan Foust, an Allegany County coroner, told The Buffalo News on Thursday. “The investigation is continuing.”
See: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... -top-story
Gogolack was picked up on federal warrant on Aug. 23. Here is the criminal complaint: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 69.1.0.pdf

Detention hearing for Aug. 30th.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^
The Buffalo News
Wellsville man accused of giving drugs to Pharaoh's witness who died
by Dan Herbeck

A FEW QUOTES FROM ARTICLE
"Robert J. Bolm, Gogolack’s attorney, said he believes “the feds” are trying to blame his client and perhaps Gerace for the woman’s death.

I believe that what we have here is an accidental overdose of a woman who was under tremendous pressure from the FBI. It’s a tragic situation, and the FBI is trying to make something more of it,” Bolm told a Buffalo News reporter at the courthouse."

Snip...

"Gerace's attorneys have said he has been unfairly targeted by Tripi and the FBI. They said he installed surveillance cameras and took other steps to prevent any illegal activities at his business, Pharaoh’s Gentlemen’s Club in Cheektowaga.

But prosecutor Joseph M. Tripi, speaking in court earlier this month, said Gerace has employed members of a biker gang at Pharaoh’s as part of an effort to intimidate “vulnerable young ladies” who will be called to testify at Gerace’s trial.

Gerace has also described himself as “untouchable” because of his “law enforcement and judicial contacts” and because of his reported connections with “the Mafia,” Tripi said on Aug. 17.

Gerace has denied being involved in organized crime."

Here is a link to the article: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crys ... -top-story
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:45 am
antimafia wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:30 pm[snip]
The matters for both Carlos Pena Torrez and Eddie Garcia Corrales have moved up from the Ontario Court of Justice to the Superior Court of Justice. Detention reviews for both to be heard tomorrow (August 9) at the Newmarket courthouse via videoconference. Pena Torrez’s matter at the Laval courthouse is still being addressed this Thursday (August 10).

I feel that there is a big story that is just starting to be revealed, one that could involve Davide Barberio of Quebec.

All,

Some of you might have noticed I got my dates mixed up: what I should have written when I wrote "tomorrow (August 9)" is

tomorrow (August 10)

So Pena Torrez's matters at both the Newmarket courthouse and the Laval courthouse were coordinated so that they would both be heard at 9:30 am EDT.
Tomorrow (Thursday, August 31):

Very recent news regarding one of their co-accused:

BAIL FAIL: Accused MS-13 member on run after ditching GPS ankle monitor.
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... le-monitor

Warrant issued for arrest of Toronto man charged in connection to Schomberg shooting
https://www.yorkregion.com/news/crime/w ... 16a09.html?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Eddie Garcia Corrales appeared on camera from a room in the detention centre in Ontario where he is being held. Those of you who are familiar with Ontario's justice system will know where detainees are being kept in custody if they have criminal matters before the Newmarket courthouse.

Garcia Corrales's lawyer did not appear, either on camera or via audio.

The Assistant Crown Attorney (ACA) indicated that the lawyer, via email, has asked to schedule a 90-day detention review and to adjourn the matter to Assignment Court for a TBST (To Be Spoken To). The ACA also indicated that the lawyer is going to schedule a video call with Garcia Corrales with respect to a possible bail plan. The matter is adjourned to Thurs., Sept. 14.

About 25 mins. later, the ACA indicated that Carlos Pena Torrez was due to appear 10 mins. earlier but did not. The ACA indicated that Pena Torrez's lawyer, who also did not appear, has requested an adjournment to another date (TBD). Pena Torrez's matter in Quebec was heard again at the Laval couthouse yesterday, where he is being represented by criminal lawyer Trevick Jordan. We can't assume that this lawyer is also representing Pena Torrez for the latter's matters in Ontario.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Further adding that

1. Davide Barberio's criminal matter was also heard at the Newmarket courthouse earlier this morning (but in a different virtual courtroom); and
2. Garcia Corrales and Pena Torrez are two of the three suspects the York Regional Police consider to be shooters in the mistaken-identity drive-by shooting in Ontario (there are eight accused in total).
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:35 pm[snip]
Very recent news regarding one of their co-accused:

BAIL FAIL: Accused MS-13 member on run after ditching GPS ankle monitor.
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... le-monitor

Warrant issued for arrest of Toronto man charged in connection to Schomberg shooting
https://www.yorkregion.com/news/crime/w ... 16a09.html?
He turned himself in at a police station in Toronto.

ARREST MADE AFTER MAN ON BAIL REMOVED GPS ANKLE BRACELET
https://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/inde ... ccacfe00da
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

This has become a true crime thread. When mafia?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Cheech wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:50 am This has become a true crime thread. When mafia?
In my opinion, when we learn which organized-crime group or which member of organized crime might have been responsible for hiring

1. alleged MS-13 members to kill someone in a sleepy village located about a 30 min. drive from Toronto's northwest boundary

2. one of these alleged MS-13 members to allegedly kill Francesco Del Balso in Laval, Quebec

3. up to four (4) men from Ontario to kill Moreno Gallo's daughter-in-law in Montreal, a woman who has ancestry from the Rizzutos' hometown in Sicily

When we learn why Davide Barberio of Quebec has criminal matters in Ontario that are being heard in the same Newmarket courthouse where the matters for the alleged MS-13 members are being heard, we might also have an idea whether and how the Italian underworld in one or both provinces is involved.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

antimafia wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:53 am
Cheech wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:50 am This has become a true crime thread. When mafia?
In my opinion, when we learn which organized-crime group or which member of organized crime might have been responsible for hiring

1. alleged MS-13 members to kill someone in a sleepy village located about a 30 min. drive from Toronto's northwest boundary

2. one of these alleged MS-13 members to allegedly kill Francesco Del Balso in Laval, Quebec

3. up to four (4) men from Ontario to kill Moreno Gallo's daughter-in-law in Montreal, a woman who has ancestry from the Rizzutos' hometown in Sicily

When we learn why Davide Barberio of Quebec has criminal matters in Ontario that are being heard in the same Newmarket courthouse where the matters for the alleged MS-13 members are being heard, we might also have an idea whether and how the Italian underworld in one or both provinces is involved.
Makes sense, thanks!
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 pm
antimafia wrote: A Father’s Day Plea For The Barresi Family, $50 000 Reward

http://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/a-fath ... 00-reward/
Police offer $50K reward for information about Giorgio Barresi killing

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.6067445
Two Charged in 2020 Giorgio Barresi Homicide
https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/two-c ... -homicide/
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Interesting the one accused Jamal Chemin was also charged in Project Skyfall that also saw Joseph Iavarone arrested. I wonder if Barresi was involved with them and his murder is actually drug related?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Sorossa Moude has a Bail Phase matter that has been or is to be heard in the Hamilton courthouse today. He was not originally on the docket for Ontario Court of Justice matters there. His Information Sworn Date is September 1, 2023.

Jamal Chemin is to appear in court on October 4, 2023 for a Bail Hearing/Show Cause matter at the Hamilton courthouse. His Information Sworn Date is November 19, 2021.

As previously discussed, Joseph Iavarone's matter was last heard at the Hamilton courthouse on Wednesday, August 30, when there was a trial continuation. His Information Sworn Date is December 3, 2021.

All three men have different case numbers.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:19 pm Interesting the one accused Jamal Chemin was also charged in Project Skyfall that also saw Joseph Iavarone arrested. I wonder if Barresi was involved with them and his murder is actually drug related?
2 Toronto men charged with 1st-degree murder of Hamilton realtor Giorgio Barresi
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.6956987

Excerpt:

Police believe there are more suspects
[Det. Sgt. Jim] Callender said the arrests of Chemin and Moude were part of Project Skyfall — a joint effort between Hamilton police and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to target a "highly sophisticated drug trafficking syndicate involving organized crime groups" in the city.

"We believe that there's definitely more individuals out in our community that know more about this homicide, as well as more individuals that have had part in this homicide."

Callender said the arrests were not prompted by the $50,000 reward that police first offered in 2021 and said the reward is still available to anyone who has information about the murder.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
If anyone hits a paywall after tapping/clicking on the link below, please let me know so that I might provide you with another link for viewing the article.

Accused killer of Giorgio Barresi previously arrested for links to drug syndicate
https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/accu ... d3591.html