What’s your holy grail Cosa Nostra photograph?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nakedturtle
Prospect

Re: What’s your holy grail Cosa Nostra photograph?

Post by nakedturtle »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:38 am In the 60s, 70s and 80s,I spent quite a bit of time with the top of the Pittsburgh LCN.
JCB posted a picture of me sitting next to Charlie Murgie (Consigliere) also Jo Jo Pecora (Under Boss) and Michael Genovese (Boss).
That was my favorite and it was posted here, along with others taken at Jo Jo's hunting camp, Charlie's Roost in Tionesta, PA.
Dummy me still can't post photos. I'll try to reach out for JCB and see if he can post at least that particular one :)
BTW: My Avatar here is a picture of Henry Zottola, Zebo, taken the night of my wedding ;)
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

BeatiPaoli wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:44 pm To Everyone: I am not sure if there is or isn't a photo available, but I would like to see a picture of Santo Sorge.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
Gift, Just find it. We don't see much, but I never saw this one before
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

nakedturtle wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:05 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:38 am In the 60s, 70s and 80s,I spent quite a bit of time with the top of the Pittsburgh LCN.
JCB posted a picture of me sitting next to Charlie Murgie (Consigliere) also Jo Jo Pecora (Under Boss) and Michael Genovese (Boss).
That was my favorite and it was posted here, along with others taken at Jo Jo's hunting camp, Charlie's Roost in Tionesta, PA.
Dummy me still can't post photos. I'll try to reach out for JCB and see if he can post at least that particular one :)
BTW: My Avatar here is a picture of Henry Zottola, Zebo, taken the night of my wedding ;)
Thank You :D
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

My white whales rn are Martin Curro and Robert Paleo. The only two confirmed Philly members we dont have pictures of
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Vincenzo “Jimmy” Tripodi in his younger years, Calabrian member from Steubenville, OH
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:49 am Vincenzo “Jimmy” Tripodi in his younger years, Calabrian member from Steubenville, OH
Tripodi was an interesting guy; I note that he was from Reggio Città and arrived in Steubenville in 1934. The Tripodi surname is the single most interconnected ‘Ndrangheta surname in Reggio, so I wonder if he was related at all to Domenico Tripodo (assuming that these are just spelling variations of the same surname), infamous capobastone of Reggio.

All old news to you, but some stuff from the ‘60s that I came across recently named Tripodi as the “head” of the “outfit” in Steubenville who had “complete control” over that territory, with no other “outfit” members able to operate in the area without Tripodi’s permission. Was Tripodi formally a Pittsburgh capo, or instead a soldier who just served as the de facto “boss” of Steubenville?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Bomp was told by Moceri that Tripodi was a capodecina over Steubenville with a few soldiers.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:25 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:49 am Vincenzo “Jimmy” Tripodi in his younger years, Calabrian member from Steubenville, OH
Tripodi was an interesting guy; I note that he was from Reggio Città and arrived in Steubenville in 1934. The Tripodi surname is the single most interconnected ‘Ndrangheta surname in Reggio, so I wonder if he was related at all to Domenico Tripodo (assuming that these are just spelling variations of the same surname), infamous capobastone of Reggio.

All old news to you, but some stuff from the ‘60s that I came across recently named Tripodi as the “head” of the “outfit” in Steubenville who had “complete control” over that territory, with no other “outfit” members able to operate in the area without Tripodi’s permission. Was Tripodi formally a Pittsburgh capo, or instead a soldier who just served as the de facto “boss” of Steubenville?
This is very curious. I have a Vincenzo "James" Tripodi and his brother Frank who were involved with the Rockford LCN and their father was a Domenico Tripodi thought I am unable to trace where they came from in Sicily. Domenico died in 1970 at the age of 90.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:26 am

This is very curious. I have a Vincenzo "James" Tripodi and his brother Frank who were involved with the Rockford LCN and their father was a Domenico Tripodi thought I am unable to trace where they came from in Sicily. Domenico died in 1970 at the age of 90.
I have parents Domenico Tripodi and Rosa Crea from Santa Eufemia, Pescara, Abruzzo.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:44 am
cavita wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:26 am

I have parents Domenico Tripodi and Rosa Crea from Santa Eufemia, Pescara, Abruzzo.
Whoa that was quick. And the surname Crea
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

Billy batts
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Makelaiusiwk wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:00 am Billy batts
I saw that Vince Arpa (who has a talent for finding pictures) posted a pic in his Facebook group of a wedding photo claiming that it could be Billy Batts but there isn't really solid proof.
Screenshot 2023-08-04 164401.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pm
I saw that Vince Arpa (who has a talent for finding pictures) posted a pic in his Facebook group of a wedding photo claiming that it could be Billy Batts but there isn't really solid proof.

Interesting video from OC Shortz on whether or not he was ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Pm3aTkoMQ
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

Could be him. But I don’t think so IMO
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Makelaiusiwk wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:30 pm

Could be him. But I don’t think so IMO
I saw that. There’s no proof or anything indicating it’s Billy Batts. I’ll believe it’s a Batts photo if it’s a mugshot with his name on it, not some guy on fb who says someone told him this photo might be of him. Cmon.