How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Re: How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Post by Massive-Sail »

this is paparatto with anthony “soft shoes” demaio at 2010 st. anthony’s feast in elizabeth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Stango looks happy hopefully he can stay out of prison
Lol
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:03 am this is paparatto with anthony “soft shoes” demaio at 2010 st. anthony’s feast in elizabeth
Excellent photo. DeMaio's son could be a member today as he was identified as an associate many years back and I've seen a recent photo of him with member Greg Rago. The DeMaios were very close to the Majuris.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:51 am
Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:03 am this is paparatto with anthony “soft shoes” demaio at 2010 st. anthony’s feast in elizabeth
Excellent photo. DeMaio's son could be a member today as he was identified as an associate many years back and I've seen a recent photo of him with member Greg Rago. The DeMaios were very close to the Majuris.

unfortunately he died at a very young age like 50, leaving
two little girls and a wife. he died of cancer
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

and with frank “chopper” aiosa was one of the favorites of charlie majuri
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Didn't know that DeMaio Jr. died. This Family has been hit hard by some of the "next generation" guys dying young along with the old members.

Hopefully something eventually comes out about Aiosa. Johnny Scootch has said for years he was a member / captain of the NYC faction but all I've been able to confirm is he was a real guy with the nickname "Chopper" and that he was indeed connected to some people in the NYC faction's circle. During the Giovanni Rocco investigation Stango was recorded talking about someone called "Chops" regarding Family business who could be him. Scootch shared some stuff in the past about the DeCavalcantes that wasn't correct but he's also shared info with me about NYC Families that was later confirmed and couldn't have been known otherwise. He's a good dude and he does hear things.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

I hope for them that there are some guys who remained under the radar or guys that we know about their existence like joey red merlo’s brother in law that was mentioned in giovanni’s ring as his muscle and driver
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

Massive-Sail wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:21 pm I hope for them that there are some guys who remained under the radar or guys that we know about their existence like joey red merlo’s brother in law that was mentioned in giovanni’s ring as his muscle and driver
was described as a big, bald guy that fit with the appearance of this guy
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

I wanted to know if there was something about the 2005 jerry balzano marijuana bust on the shore
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The only Merlo bro-in-law I know of would be Carmelo Patti. Did the book say anything else about him?

Merlo took a trip to Ribera before he died, wonder who he may have met with. Giovanni Rocco said there were still "zips" around the Family in Elizabeth and he saw one of them at Sacco's when he was there with Stango.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:26 pm The only Merlo bro-in-law I know of would be Carmelo Patti. Did the book say anything else about him?

Merlo took a trip to Ribera before he died, wonder who he may have met with. Giovanni Rocco said there were still "zips" around the Family in Elizabeth and he saw one of them at Sacco's when he was there with Stango.
yes is Carmelo the guy and his wife died too, in my opinion the zip is Manny Sortino because was described as a very big guy, and if I’m not wrong Sortino was also very big and in a taped conversation with his father, Sortino Sr. told his son Manny that he appointed Paparatto as acting boss after the big indictment.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah that was from the taped conversation Felice posted, where Gennaro Sortino told Manny that Paparatto was running things and Manny was confused as Paparatto hadn't been a DeCavalcante member yet when he was still there. The Sortinos are related to the Collettis and Domenico Colletti is still close to Ribera.

There was also a guy mentioned on the Sortino tape named Peppe LoRaso / LaRasso. I'm not aware of any Giuseppe or Joseph LaRassos related to Louis but maybe there are other LoRasos who have come over.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:47 pm Yeah that was from the taped conversation Felice posted, where Gennaro Sortino told Manny that Paparatto was running things and Manny was confused as Paparatto hadn't been a DeCavalcante member yet when he was still there. The Sortinos are related to the Collettis and Domenico Colletti is still close to Ribera.

There was also a guy mentioned on the Sortino tape named Peppe LoRaso / LaRasso. I'm not aware of any Giuseppe or Joseph LaRassos related to Louis but maybe there are other LoRasos who have come over.
father in law to Domenico Colletti is Stefano Vitabile and son in law to Luciano Larasso is Michael Merlo and ex son in law is John Riggi Jr., it all a family thing.
Never heard about that LoRaso guy
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

As of a few years ago one of the officers of Local 394 was a LoBrutto, a name related to Louis LaRasso, and an early member may have been Gioacchino LoBrutto who was one of the founders of the Ribera Club. It's hard for me to imagine the Family isn't still involved in some way with the Local considering they created it and controlled it throughout its existence.

When I looked into them, it appeared the Riggis, Merlos, and LoRasos were already related in Ribera before coming to the US and then intermarried further once here. The first two mafia-connected Families we know of who settled in Elizabeth were the Merlos and then the Riggis who joined the Merlos in the mid-to-late 1900s, then Louis's father Alfonso LoRaso joined them later once the Peterstown Riberesi were more established. Given Stango said Merlo's ancestors "started this whole thing" and both Michele and Giuseppe Merlo founded the Ribera Club I'm sure those two plus Giovanni Riggi and possibly his brother Giuseppe were early members. My belief is that Michele or Giuseppe Merlo was the first Elizabeth-based boss of the Family after coming from NYC.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

another guy can be Paparatto’s son that currently lives in Italy after being deported after an arrest, he stated in his son youtube channel that he left college to follow his father in his work after he saw gold rings and cadillacs.