General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm It's not the food. It's... THE DEVIL.
Met that guy, decent sales pitch.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:15 am
OcSleeper wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:13 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:22 am Working off memory, is Lawrence, little guy, Dentico still alive?
He's living in Florida with his son. Going to be 100 this year.
Wow.

What the hell do they eat in the Westside.
I think actually he died recently.
There you have it, never printed before.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

To be clear, I was told he was still kicking in Florida with his son probably around February by someone who knows the Denticos. I took it at face value given the relationship but other than that I don't know.
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:38 pm
Sullycantwell wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:04 pm Did Angelo Lonardo report that Cleveland was on the commission in the 1930's?
At least in his Senate testimony in 1988, Lonardo did not report that Cleveland ever had a seat on the Commission. In fact, at that time Lonardo stated that Cleveland “reported to the Genovese family […] since the 1920s”. So far as I’m aware, Gentile was the only source who reported that Cleveland initially had a seat on the Commission in 1931.
Jimmy Frattiano didn’t say anything about 1931, but he did say in his book that Cleveland had a seat on the Commission (along with, rather than instead of, Buffalo, as per Gentile). He also reports that he was told by Roselli that Philly and Detroit were on the Commission when he was made, which was a good while before they were actually added to the Commission in 1956 according to Bonanno, so he seems a little fuzzy on the details. But Frattiano and Gentile are the two sources that I am aware of who believed that Cleveland was on the Commission.
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

B. wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:51 pm The Commission also didn't exist in the 1920s though we don't know if there was an earlier avugad system with the Gran Consiglio and National Assembly meetings. Possible that Families were represented nationally by other Families / leaders pre-1931 but there's no evidence outside of figures like Gentile representing specific individuals nationally.

Lonardo may have just generalized "1920s" and meant 1931. He wasn't made until the late 1940s so even though he was tapped in since he was a teenager he may not have known the finer details in the 1920s/30s. Magaddino referred to Joe Lonardo attending what was probably an Assemblea meeting pre-1924 and playing an important role at the meeting alongside Michele Merlo of Chicago so Cleveland looks to have been able to represent themselves during that period.
It seems quite likely that all families could represent themselves at an Assemblea. But quite possibly they would have needed an avugad to represent them on Consiglio, if any relevant business was discussed there?
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Re: anyone

Post by Don Mosseria »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:05 pm thanks, Adam. not on Kindle!
Steel City Mafia will apparently be released on Kindle at some point. That’s what author Paul Hodos told me in a YouTube comment section.
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm Have there been any killings in the USA (not Canada) that could be called mob hits or mob-adjacent hits in the 2020s? There was that last little burst at the end of the 2010s (Zottola, that one Lucchese loanshark, the guy dumped in the river) but I can't think of any starting from 2020. I guess the pandemic probably slowed everything down quite a bit.
My understanding was the that last true mob hit, in NYC at least, was the Michael Meldish hit in November 2013. The Zottola thing was actually a personal issue between the guy and his son. Though Zottola was an associate, the hit was not actually mob related. Not sure about the other two you mention, so if I am wrong let me know.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

In Al D’Arco’s book he claims the mob made a guy just because his dad owned all the parking lots in Brooklyn or something like that. Would anyone happen to have an idea about who that could be?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Frank Coppa perhaps?
There you have it, never printed before.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Anybody know the outcome of the 2019 Gambino-Inzerillo case?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I know Rosario Gambino got 16.5 years back in January and Tomasso Gambino was acquitted. I want to say I heard Calogero Zito had the charges dropped and was back in Philly but I'm honestly not sure on that. I'm not sure what came of all the Italians who were arrested either.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Was thinking about starting a topic but I'll pose my question here: What are the rules and etiquette during a sit-down. As many as anyone can think of. One that comes to mind is, a member not being able to state that another member is lying.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

OmarSantista wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:57 am Was thinking about starting a topic but I'll pose my question here: What are the rules and etiquette during a sit-down. As many as anyone can think of. One that comes to mind is, a member not being able to state that another member is lying.
I don’t think that you can show up armed
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JoelTurner wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:19 am
OmarSantista wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:57 am Was thinking about starting a topic but I'll pose my question here: What are the rules and etiquette during a sit-down. As many as anyone can think of. One that comes to mind is, a member not being able to state that another member is lying.
You 100% can’t show up with a gun. You’re not supposed to show up with any more people than previously agreed upon. Most of the time soldier with sit with a soldier and captains will sit with a captain, they try to keep the ranks equal because if your a soldier sitting with a captain you give up some strength off the bat. If there are different ranked guys there the highest rank usually anchors the sitdown or you could say officiates There are always exceptions of course but these are generally followed. Some guys become known for always winning sit downs it’s a feather in their cap.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JoelTurner wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:19 am
Formal introductions are a big part of the etiquette, using Italian titles and terms.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com